It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA warns of possible airline threat involving implanted bombs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

TSA warns of possible airline threat involving implanted bombs

www.latimes.com

The government has warned airlines that terrorists are considering surgically implanting explosives into people in an attempt to circumvent screening procedures, according to U.S. officials.

There is no indication of an immediate plot, but the new information could lead to additional screening procedures at the nation’s airports. Existing scanners would not necessarily detect bombs implanted under a person’s skin, experts said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
We've heard this kind of story before... Not that long ago we were all giggling over explosive breast implants... well maybe our jokes turned into a madman's brilliant idea???

on the other hand this kind of threat does give TSA one more excuse to go too far in it's treatment of passengers... their all ready feeling up nine year old and demanding 90 year old give up their diapers... what next...Ultrasound... or something unspeakably invasive???

I don't know about the rest of you but this new announcement kind of makes me nervous... next time I travel I think I'll just hitch hike...

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I hate flying. So, I don't have to worry. Rather take my car.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
they'll come up with anything to keep touching children.

just reminds me of this. I swear the government watches too many movies...

edit on 6-7-2011 by OUNjahhryn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Soooo what they have in mind now, TSA medical team to gut you out while on line to make sure you don't carry any "implanted bombs"?.

You know people, this is getting ridiculous and still we are not doing anything about the propaganda.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Total recall internal scanners on the way...
edit on 7/6/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Ha... right after the claim that TSA employees are getting cancer from the scanners!! (ATS Thread Here) Seems just a little too convenient to me to come up with this "threat" now despite there being no indication of any terrorist plot. It is all a ploy and if no one buys into it, then they will likely blow up a plane or find some terrorist with some explosives sewn into the body somehow (just like the underwear bomber, shoe bomber, etc.). Same old story, nothing new here except the date...
... Always remain scared!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Implanted, Poopchuted, whatever none of these can be left in the body long and in the case of a surgical implant they would need to do the deed before even stitches were out. Add that the only cavities big enough to hold enough explosives are your colon or abdomen seems to me just keep an eye for someone flying way too soon after abdominal surgery as folks are restricted from flying due to trapped air from surgery expanding and have no business on a plane or folks who are walking like they have a big load they need to drop. Both methods are going to have a very uncomfortable terrorist and a pat down on a guy with fresh stitches from having a bomb implanted will flush that out quick. Seems just a Dumbarse excuse for more invasive tech.
seed

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I been watching for about 7 years for those who will inject themselves with THE VIRUS..... And once THE VIRUS is at undetected level they go hope on ALL forms of transport. This is one of the things that woke me in 3d a major signal for help.

smh EARTH

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
What are they gonna do? Have everyone bend over?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TETRA.X
What are they gonna do? Have everyone bend over?

Easier to LOCK all the land masses. Keep you in bound

link   
To the TSA: Just shut up already....

If you guys have not heard of it. Google TSA Red team. TSA is worthless!!!!

link   
reply to post by marg6043

Maybe there thinking about actually using x-ray machines with actual x-rays!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Why not make all civilians wear fly suuits that moniter each passenger. When 1 passenger begins to act out suit shuts them down. If they got virus suits are reading which 1z. UNDERSTAND EARTH.

Air companies got the money to make the suits so????????

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Why don't we just all kill ourselves so terrorists can't get us?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om

The real terrorist will wait for you to reach the POINT and play with your souls for committing suicide... DONT

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
There is no possible way they could stop someone determined to do something.

All they are doing is giving the perception of security.

Ahkmed could ingest substance A, a stable substance of no harm and board a plane.

His buddy Momar could ingest substance b, also a stable substance of no harm and he boards the plane.

They both go to the bathroom and plug the sink and puke their substance into the sink and stir and mix...whallah they kick open the doors and a deadly Nerve Agent kills everyone and the plane crashes.

You can't stop someone determined to do something. Never, ever, ever. They'll find a way.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
existing thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I know I remember seeing this issue before and folks making jokes about surgical implants exploding.

Still, there is some plausibility in this idea. I think the underwear bomber had some sort of electrical device that had to be stuck into his explosive inderwear in order to get it to detonate. The same can be done with something like breast (or rear end) implants. The detonator would just be stabbed into the implant (through the skin -- ouch!
) just before exploding. People could have the implants surgically inserted by plastic surgeons and be walking around for years without anyone knowing the implanted explosives are there (so no recent sutures).

This gets somewhat scary. How do you differentiate liquid explosives from silicon gel even by x-ray?

We'll need a new really-expensive high-tech scanning device (Star Trek tricorder, anyone?).

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om

brilliant!!

one of the best comments I've read in a while!

reminds me of another south park where everyone bury's their heads in the sand.... its sad when you can so easily reference south park to reality....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join