It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toilet Talk or Potty Mouth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Couldn't think of a better place for a bathroom topic than skunkworks!

I know several people who have dropped their celphones in the toilet recently. All have had an insurance clause on their phonesthat kept the phone companies from having to replace the phones; thus, there would be no hidden motive for dropping the phone in the toilet.

Anyway, that got me to wondering...

The newspaper under the arm used to be the universal symbol for one's intent on doing "the business". Have celphones led to the demise of newspapers and books everywhere. Is there a conspiracy of highest magnitude concerning celphones and toilets???

Have at it ATSers! I know SOMEONE out there can find a conspiracy in here somewhere!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
My daughter dropped her phone in the toilet. It happens. No, I didn't fish it out.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The conspiracy is Dick Cheney and Haliburton have taken control of all sewer lines and are monitoring cell phone data from underwater, using advanced technology. When the phone submerges, data streams through the pipes to an underwater computer called Flushelon!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RealAmericanPatriot

Maybe some are dropping their cellphones into the toilet...because....there is incriminating evidence on their cells ...that they don't want seen....it is a quick solution...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
i dropped my plasma tv down the toilet recently...insurance company wouldnt do anything
its a police state

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
damn bloody toilets
they will be the death of us
revenge of the killer toilet

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Just wondering why anyone feels the need to carry on a conversation while dropping a deuce?

Some things are just not right and some people are just not that important.

edit on 6-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
My daughter (11 yo) recently dropped my phone in the toilet. I won't go into the details, she was on the phone with my wife at the time. Once I got over the initial frustration of having to get a new phone it was actually kind of funny. Anyway, while getting my new phone set up at the Sprint store my buddy showed me a trick to avoid the ability of the company to prove that the phone got wet.

Open the back of the phone, somewhere in there is a watermark that will run or fade when exposed to water. Take a small piece of scotch tape and put it over the watermark. If the phone gets wet the watermark will not be affected. If you have reason to take the phone in for service just gently remove the tape and swab with alcohol to remove the sticky residue. Alcohol won't affect the watermark.

I am sure all of you know this one too. If you happen to have a water experience with your phone dry it as best you can inside and out, remove the cover and battery and put it in a ziploc bag with a cup of rice. Let it sit for 12-24 hrs and you will be good to go!

CD

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
My phone does not go into the bathroom with me.

If I am in a public washroom, it's in my purse zipped up.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Just wondering why anyone feels the need to carry on a conversation while dropping a deuce?

Hee hee, I don't know if it is so much wanting to chat in there as it is just wanting to escape. I think the cell has replaced the paper/book accessory, but the ritual remains the same. My friend used to take the paper to the can and always spend at least half an hour. I asked him why once and he said it was the only place to take a break from 3 kids and a nagging wife.

top topics

join