It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasonable Doubt: What is it, and when is it applicable?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The definition of reasonable doubt is all the facts in the case.. here is a good example..

I go into a store rob it with a gun(fact 1)
I point the gun at clerk tell her to gimme all the money(fact 2)
I then shoot gun in air cause she is taking all yr(fact 3)
I shoot cleark cause she tried my patience.(fact 4)
Police find gun a block away from scene(fact 5)
Forensics dust for prints and find a smudge of my print on gun(fact 6)

Now.. We can say that facts 1 to 4 cant be proven because the store owners didnt have a camera or whatever.. But the end result of this gig would be the police find a gun and my print is on it..

Then they would tie in the investigation work to see where tf I was on this day to see if I could ahve been a possible canidate for this crime.. Then ask me a billion questions to see if I get busted in a lie or 20.

Then all this crap goes to trial..

The jury is only supposed to take the facts of this case and come up with Guilty beyond reasonable doubt..

The reasonable doubt for me in this case the print on the gun and me lying about where I was..

The case the guy was talking about in the 2nd post I have no clue on cause I dont watch tv.. But... I can probably say In the case of OJ simpson I am almost sure he is guilty.. But.. I cant prove he is guilty beyond reasonable doubt....

Which in the end means I cant prove it with 100% certainty..

Does this help?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Hi,long time no see! I like the way you write, and strongly suspect it is exactly the way you talk.

The jury is only supposed to take the facts of this case and come up with Guilty beyond reasonable doubt..

Yes. So what do you think? Do you think the case was proven, or do you believe she's gotten away with murder? Do you think her getting away with this could be due to a flaw in the definition of "reasonable doubt"?

Only if you think she's guilty of course.....

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Ya hey long time no see..

We should talk some time.. I am doing alot better from when we met.

I mentioned in the case the 2nd poster was referring to.. Is that the same thing?

I did mention this however..

"The case the guy was talking about in the 2nd post I have no clue on cause I dont watch tv.. But... I can probably say In the case of OJ simpson I am almost sure he is guilty.. But.. I cant prove he is guilty beyond reasonable doubt..."

The Oj thing... There are oddities, But i cant say with 100% accuracy that he killed those people.. So I would have been one who was not sure(Hung) or not guilty... Because I cant prove 100% that he killed those people.
edit on 7/6/2011 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I came across a news post on AIM or whatever.. I found something interesting..

"I did not say she was innocent," Ford told ABC News. "I just said there was not enough evidence. If you cannot prove what the crime was, you cannot determine what the punishment should be."

This person stated this, she should have not said she was not guilty.. Finding someone not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt does not include someone who was on the jury to state this..

I dont know how long this case lasted but I can say something is wrong because that is not considered Reasonable doubt in my eyes.. The person is either guilty or not.. It has to be a black and white case because if she like OJ killed those people and are found not guilty they cant not be brought up on charges for that crime.. in other words this lady can say she killed her kid on all the news shows right after she gets out the jail and there isnt a damn thing anyone can do about it..

The way it seems this person is not pleased with how the verdict went down. Therefor the case should have ended in a hung jury meaning these people agree with not guilty and these people agree that the chick should fry...

So no.. This going on this one story... and what they one lady stated..... in the quote above..... I dont not think she was found not guilty beyond reasonable doubt.....

And this is why it has to be black and white.. because she was found not guilty and if it comes out she killed this kid.. Then she gets off scott free...

The above quote I pointed out here.. Look at what i said above... She should have not voted not guilty if she didnt think this person wasnt innocent.
edit on 7/7/2011 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join