It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Department Obstructing 'Fast and Furious' Gun Probe, ATF Director Says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Myself and many others have predicted the infighting within the Administration that this Operation would cause.

Snippet from the article:

The Justice Department is obstructing the congressional investigation of a U.S. law enforcement operation intended to crack down on major weapons traffickers on the Southwest border, according to the embattled leader of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
Ken Melson, the acting director of the ATF, lobbed the accusation when he sneaked in for an interview with congressional investigators on July 4, two days ahead of his scheduled interview with the inspector general about the operation known as "Fast and Furious," Fox News has learned.
I’ll make one more prediction. AG Eric Holder will resign within the year, but will still be protected.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Yep this is gonna be a scramble to cover some rear ends
Although I want to know when it changed to the US buying and supplying the guns.

In a separate development, congressional sources have learned that not only was U.S. taxpayer money being used to buy guns that were later sent to Mexico, but the main target of the investigation was actually a FBI informant and former drug dealer who had been deported years ago. Read more: www.foxnews.com...
This is the first I have heard of this and I find it kinda odd, since I have been trying to stay up to date on this matter. Well now for a shameless plug
Now Mexico is getting in on the action www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Keep the shameless plugs agoin' and keep bangin' the drum. This Admin is trying to run the U.S. through Chicago-style politics and we see how well that city is run.

They've got another think coming from the rest of the country.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Holder is very good at getting cases dismissed and buried. Good to see he is an expert in the art of Obstruction as well..

Flashback to when Holder was just an asst. AG. He was responsible for getting Al Gore off the hook for illegal fundraising. Gore was using his official VP office to solicit donors and Holder got the case dropped on a massive technicality. Gore should have faced charges in the courts for what he did.

Holder destroyed the case against the New Black Panthers as well as ignoring the rule of law along with his boss regarding the DOMA act of 1996. That's what they do. They cherry pick which laws to follow and which to ignore without repercussion. Holder's name will be all over Fast and Furious if the proper folks are able to "stick around long enough" to testify.

Any man worth his salt is not going to be the fall guy for the likes of Holder and Obama.
edit on 6-7-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This is a cover up of a false flag operation that proves the government conducts false flag operations.
I believe that the heads of the agency that conducted the operation my not have been told about 'Fast and Furious'

I believe 'Fast and Furious' was a rogue operation conducted by a administration black ops team running it and they left the head of the ATF out of the loop just so he would not be able to blow the whistle to congress and/or disclose the true scale of the operation.

'Fast and Furious' was NEVER about catching gun smugglers.
'Fast and Furious' WAS about flooding Mexico with illegal weapons so that the government could use the guns as a reason to ban guns in the US.
'A real back door gun ban'

I also believe that a lot of records were shredded when operation Fast and Furious went bad to cover up the true number of guns the government sent to Mexico.
I believe many of these guns will be found in Mexico and the US government will deny they were guns from Fast and Furious just so they can put in a gun ban.

I also believe there is another part of Fast and Furious that is to force the Mexican government into stopping the flow of drug and illegals across the border or to bring down the corrupt Mexican government.

If i was the leader of Mexico i would change the laws in Mexico to copy the gun laws in say Texas.

Could you see the public in Mexico armed like the public in Texas.

The gangs and cartels would not know what to do with a armed public shooting back at them

new topics

top topics

join