It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

damn i thought we were close !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
So I volunteer working with kids at a minor league baseball team in east Tennessee and i thought it was going down along with about 2500 other people!! Seemingly perfect geometric shapes with a soft glow at points "invaded" the Simi-cloud covered sky shortly after nightfall. You talk about a few minutes of gasping for air and amazement. Funny everyone one was thinking the same thing but there was no panic.
It turned out that there was some ceremony with about 100 Chinese lanterns being released the next town over. However I thing this experience helped in two ways. One, I’m not sure if Chinese lanterns have been brought up in debunking but boy I tell you what a sight!!! My iPhone couldn’t take a good enough picture but I know there were some pics being snapped I’ll try and get ahold of some for you guys for comparison.
Secondly, I was really taken back that the fact that 2500 women children and men all saw this and were murmuring the same thing and there was no panic. Perhaps as people we’ve seen so many movies we are desensitized and almost welcome some visitors!!!
Well I just though Id share my story with you guys!!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by saintsjunky

I am just glad that you and 2500 of your closest friends sat still long enough to educate yourselves a bit about what Chinese lanterns look and act like. Most people would have snapped 2-3 fuzzy camera phone pics or taken 50 secs of in and out of focus video and ran with turbos on to the yootoobe screaming about how that they absolutely can not be lanterns.... and yes, the lantern syndrome is in full force here at ATS.

BTW, fellow ET citizen here....

edit on 6-7-2011 by Lost_Mind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
we went to the fireworks store on the fourth , they had these chianese laterns they were selling for not much at all , we bought a few and they were pretty big , they got lit , then they would rise like a mini hot air balloon and drift off , they guy at the store told me he wrote his name and number on one and it went 68 miles , i live in indianapolis indiana and it traveld to seymore indiana . I saw quite a few on the 4th

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by saintsjunky
I’m not sure if Chinese lanterns have been brought up in debunking

Yes, but not as often as they should be (given how many UFO sightings can in fact be explained by these objects, particularly in England in the last decade or so).

Many thanks for taking the time to share this story.

I think details of how people perceive unusual sights prior to the explanation becoming obvious give considerable insight into UFO phenomenon.

Did you discuss the objects/lights with other people while they were in view? I'm curious to know what people made of them. Did anyone suggest Chinese Lanterns at the time as an explanation and, if not, were reasons given for rejecting that explanation?

Most of you will be familiar with Chinese Lanterns, but just in case here are a few relevant videos.

Thanks again,

Isaac
edit on 6-7-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

no actually the lanterns were found out by a family that one of there kids was near by where they there being relased and he phoned his parents . Then the news spread rather fast. I must say the way they were realeased they held there form very well. there was not too much wind effect to make them change there "shapes". they seemed to glide accross the sky at the same speed and form at a low altitude but it looked almost planned or military. very cool I must say.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
wow. those lanterns really brought you together...

its amazing what a lil' mystery can do to a group of people.

when the staged alien landing occurs at the 2012 summer olympics in london (zion)...

..the son of the sacrificed isis at the 13th pillar..

...born on the summer solstice..

..will be kinged rular of our new one world order planet..

...the masses will eat it right up thanks to a propaganda onslaught of aliens...which are damn fascinating.

you already know your new king

the media has made sure of that...

i'll give ya a hint....

...remember all that royal wedding crap?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
well the good news is now I know what a Chinese Lantern looks like!
Now I can state for sure that none of the UFOs I've seen were them!

just saw one on the fourth! I hadn't seen one since I moved here three years ago and ironically I end up finally seeing one on 4h of July !

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Man, Chinese lanterns, the scourge of the sky watchers

But it's good to know that nobody panicked.
That's actually pretty amazing, maybe (as someone before me said) we've just become so used to them through movies, tv and other media that we just accept them as being here now.

new topics

top topics

join