It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College student kills dogs out of anger.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
www.lansingstatejournal.com...|topnews|te xt|FRONTPAGE

I have been following this story on the local news and it just disturbs me on a couple levels. He was able to kill so many dogs before getting caught. It is so sad and wrong. How did he keep getting these animals? They were mostly the same breed of dog.
At first, before they gave more details, I wondered if he was using them as experiments, as he is a medical student.
I guess what worries me the most, is this a sign that he was a potential serial killer? He admitted killing these dogs out of anger. I'm glad he was finally caught, and hope they give him time and require some type of mental health treatment.

These types of stories just break my heart. I do hope that with more and more coming to light in the media, that more people will watch out for these types of behaviors and step up if they see something bad happening.
edit on 6-7-2011 by chiefsmom because: spelling of course

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Sick.

Some people are broken, this guy definitely is. Needs to be separated from society.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
this has me in tears, how the hell could anyone hurt such a precious animal. Not only that but dogs trust us, were supposed to be their friends, they walk with us for a reason. And to do that to 13 little dogs that didn't even weigh more than probably 10 lbs. Stuff like this makes me dislike our society more and more. :'(

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Great, a budding serial killer! I'm glad they caught him before he moved on to bigger victims.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
What a sick bastard

I hope he gets what he asked for...

The psychiatrist expressed concern that Thompson might be a suicide risk.

and I say GO FOR IT ...show some courage
edit on 6-7-2011 by AnnoyingOrangeX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

In a June 22 interview, Thompson told LeBombard he killed the dogs out of frustration or anger because they defecated on his floor, urinated in his bed or wouldn't come to him when he called them. "And he got frustrated they didn't want to stay with him," LeBombard said, according to transcripts. "And that made him upset."

He lived in an apartment. What did he expect them to do. I also read the he faces a felony for each one of those 13 counts.

Sourc e
edit on 6-7-2011 by Marrr because: added source

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by czygyny

I'm glad he was caught and also seeing a psychiatrist......you are exactly right....many serial killers start with animals.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom

I guess what worries me the most, is this a sign that he was a potential serial killer? He admitted killing these dogs out of anger.

I suppose it is possible, but they say that it is just a myth that serial killers start out with Animals.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
wake up and smell reality. People are scum, the only way to actually ensure the "sanity" of an individual is through genetics and the brain chip. The world magicians have been hard at work on the brain chip for nearly 60 years... it will make everyone docile and manageable, predictable.

don't worry, soon peculiarities such as this will be a thing of the past. They will take the animal out of us. They will chisel man into the reasoned edifice he is to be.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
People are not scum. They generally start off normal, but become damaged. Life damages people, and these people go on to damage other people. The human condition is a balancing game between these dynamic forces. One force for good and one for bad. This is why we all have to play our part and make ourselves felt as a force of good in the cosmos.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
from the source.

The 24-year-old Michigan State University osteopathic medicine student said he would throw them to the ground or against a wall, grab them by the neck or beat them. All were small, Italian greyhounds.

maybe he should get a taste of his own medicine, thrown to the ground, against a wall, grabbed around the neck or beat until he is dead. maybe he would even cry a little, and then he can be reminded about what those puppies must of felt.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Facing 13 felonies, that could very well happen. It could well happen that he gets stuck in prison with a bunch of big and angry dog owners.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I say put him up against a dog his own size. Let's see how tough he is in a cage with an aggressive Rott or Pitt (I say aggressive because my half Pitt/Shepard is a big ball of love).

Y'know, sometimes I actually miss the Romans.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

I suppose it is possible, but they say that it is just a myth that serial killers start out with Animals.

Nope its certainly not a myth

Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy and numerous others have had histories of killing animals as children or teenagers. Not all serial killers start out this way, but it isnt a rare occasion. Its usually found in serial killers that kill for the "thrill" of it. They get some sick thrill out of watching life disappear from a living creatures eyes.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
It's been hard to watch the news coverage of this, but I really want to find out it his punishment is severe. I'm afraid I'm easily riled when it comes to this sort of thing, and I'm afraid I've actually wished for a bit of backyard justice for this guy.

new topics

top topics

join