It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do you think crop circles are fake or real

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I'm not telling anyone what to do at all. I was suggesting, not demanding. I basically said, if you read carefully, that people who have a clue, don't want to keep replying to something that has been discussed and debunked long, long ago.

But since I came of as a jerk, which was not my intention, I apologize.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
here is a very interesting site on crop circles:

www.bltresearch.com...

I suggest you click through the site, read a bit, and think about it.

IMO, crop circles are a natural phenomenon which we still havent been able to explain. To think that we know every single thing there is to know about the universe, is a bit foolish. There are still mysteries to be solved and crop circles are one of them.
Geometrical and mathematical patterns are common thing in nature, in plants, animals, even humans. This might just be one of them on a much larger scale.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by The CrowAnd flashlights? Honestly, why in the world would you need flashlights. Earth has a natural sattelite orbiting around it, we call it the 'Moon'. I would think the moon, espessially a full moon, would provide enough natural light to get the job done.

Then it should be easy to figure out whether there are cropcircles on new moons or not... Then there is only very faint star light, aka darkness.

[edit on 12-8-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclipIMO, crop circles are a natural phenomenon which we still havent been able to explain. To think that we know every single thing there is to know about the universe, is a bit foolish. There are still mysteries to be solved and crop circles are one of them.
Geometrical and mathematical patterns are common thing in nature, in plants, animals, even humans. This might just be one of them on a much larger scale.

About that, I'm not sure if there were reports of crop circles back in the day; like say the day of the caesars, when the Romans were still hunting down the barbarian hordes.

If someone more informed on the subject can educate me please, that'd be nice. I would also be curious as to why, if they didn't exist before, and are the cause of "natural phenomenon", have only begun to appear quite recently.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I think like any unknown phenomena there will always be copycat fakes.. but I do believe that some are real.

I at least do not rule it out.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I'm going to weigh in on the "fake" side.

First -- as many have pointed out, alien contact would not be done by making huge pictures on the land -- particularly ambiguous pictures. Think of it this way: if I was to go back to ancient Egypt (a modern person) and wanted to reveal myself to the Scorpion king (a king of one of the first dynasties) in my plane, I would either just show up or I would deposit messages in the hieroglyphic writing of the time. I wouldn't hang around for 100 years or so inflicting huge graffiti on the landscape.

If they've been studying Earth for many years, they know how to write and spell in multiple languages. It ain't no big trick. And they'd have the equivalent of anthropologists among them and would know how to identify trusted leaders. So they'd be making contact through multiple universities or multiple governments... and in their own languages.

Secondly, crop circles have increased in complexity. If they were made by aliens, they would have started out complex.

Thirdly, crop circles aren't consistant in their messages. This either means they're the equivalent of 'gang signs' (which is a REALLY DUMB IDEA, folks) or there is no message.

Fourthly, there is no reason for someone to travel for light years just to leave large designs on the landscape.

Now... consider it from the "it was made by humans" angle:

The designs increase in complexity -- this indicates competition in the art form. It's a type of "one-upmanship" where someone does a piece and someone else tries to top them. This is a very human behavior.

Circlemakers are known and a lot of them are well-known, and they're all humans. They can reproduce the designs of any other circlemaker with a team and the right equipment.

During various land usage restrictions, the crop circles always obey the use restrictions (there were no new circles in areas of England when the hoof and mouth disease was prevalent... so either the aliens were obeying English veternary restrictions (no reason for someone from outer space to do this) or they were humans who were obeying the restrictions (critical for controling the disease.)

They create tourism. This creates economic opportunity for people. Aliens don't need economic opportunities.

They are selective about what fields are used. This implies they have good knowledge about the location and ownership (or the aliens know how to research legal documents and are able to wander into any legal documents office and find out who owns land (ANOTHER STUPID IDEA, FOLKS))

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

First -- as many have pointed out, alien contact would not be done by making huge pictures on the land -- particularly ambiguous pictures. Think of it this way: if I was to go back to ancient Egypt (a modern person) and wanted to reveal myself to the Scorpion king (a king of one of the first dynasties) in my plane, I would either just show up or I would deposit messages in the hieroglyphic writing of the time. I wouldn't hang around for 100 years or so inflicting huge graffiti on the landscape.

If they've been studying Earth for many years, they know how to write and spell in multiple languages. It ain't no big trick. And they'd have the equivalent of anthropologists among them and would know how to identify trusted leaders. So they'd be making contact through multiple universities or multiple governments... and in their own languages.

Byrd, I don't think your assumptions on the topic are any better than anyone elses. This topic is like religion. You can state your opinion, but to say something like "alien contact would not be done by making huge pictures on the land -- particularly ambiguous pictures." just doesn't cut it. How can you make a factual statement about this topic? I understand that logical thinking could possibly lead to that conclusion, but not everything in this universe is logical.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SupaFly

Originally posted by Byrd

Byrd, I don't think your assumptions on the topic are any better than anyone elses. This topic is like religion. You can state your opinion, but to say something like "alien contact would not be done by making huge pictures on the land -- particularly ambiguous pictures." just doesn't cut it. How can you make a factual statement about this topic? I understand that logical thinking could possibly lead to that conclusion, but not everything in this universe is logical.

... i dont think i should have made this topic, too much argument *looks around, runs away*

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
LOL.. not arguing.. DEBATING!

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SupaFly
LOL.. not arguing.. DEBATING!

SAME THING

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
thay are all fake. why do they appear overnight ? so the people who make them aren't seen ! if it was wind or EM, wouldn't someone have witnessed the phenomena in action by now ?

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by radagast
thay are all fake. why do they appear overnight ? so the people who make them aren't seen ! if it was wind or EM, wouldn't someone have witnessed the phenomena in action by now ?

yea but if u where the alien, how would u communicate with us in the most abvious way with out revealing ure self??

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Probably fake...but who cares, they are the less impressive aspect of ufology.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexParadox

Originally posted by radagast

yea but if u where the alien, how would u communicate with us in the most abvious way with out revealing ure self??

What is the point of comunicating without revealing yourself in the physical? If you are communicating, then you are obviously stating that you exist, therefore why hide your physical presence from the rest of the world?

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I think the vast majority of them are fake (it's been proven that humans, with very little tools or skill, can create even the most elaborate ones), and the rest are created through some kind of natural phenomenon (which is VERY few of them, and likely what started the mess).

I do not think there is enough evidence to connect them with ET sources, nor is the logic there to support it. Surely there are better and clearer ways for an advanced species to get their point across to us....

Not to mention, the evidence is STRONGLY stacked towards human creation....

1. Always created at night, in a secluded area far from prying eyes.
2. Can, and has already been duplicated.
3. Numerous designs with pop culture references (such as the yin/yang, etc.) implying human designers.
4. UFO sightings in such areas are scant and lightly detailed at best.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Um,Crow? What was the point of making crop circles way back in time when we could not fly? These crop circles are mostly photographed from the air.
On the ground there are stone circles and pyramids. The pyramids might have been build with some human help but there are superstions about them. Who was supervising the construction?
"The Creators" say the Chinese about their own pyramids.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join