It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do you think crop circles are fake or real

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Just the opposite.Few are fake.No farmer would let you on his field for hours to create these.THINK!
I met the Deva responsible.The PF.And I was very intimidated.
Whirlwinds? Name a witness! The orbs were videotaped making one in seconds.I saw it.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Some are fake...I think some are real, well...they're ALL "real", but you know what I mean. There is no way some of those circles are done by men in the middle of the night, with flashlights and boards. Some of them are just too huge and extremely intricate! As to where they come from, who is making them...I have not idea of they are made by an a being or some "thing"......

Could you elaborate?

This is the problem I have with Aliens/ Things making them.......Why?

what purpose can it be?

If someone can give me a half way reasonable purpose I would be willing to consider it.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
like i said:

im on both sides,

but how else are aliens supposed to communicate with us in a way that we'll recognize?

but i must admit, 90 percent of em are fake

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I believe the government hires people to make a LARGE majority of the crop circles to cover up the ethinic crop circles, I've heard that their have been military personal spotted on/near the real crop circles. And you can tell weather or not a circle is fake by just checking if the bud is not blown out and if their is radiation in the dirt.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Perhaps there is a hidden equation, testing our intelligence. I know it�s a pretty obvious answer. I believe some are real the rest are faked to discredit the phenomenon.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   
After watching 'Signs' I find it extremely hard to take crop circles seriously. Honestly, that was the saddest thing I have ever had the displeasure of watching.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Since when did Hollywood ever show the paranormal in the proper light?
There are about 3000 crop circles on file.I challenge anyone to make some of the more intricate ones.
I mean,don't you think farmers (often dawn to dusk) will just let you on their property.It is tresspassing.And as far as i know,no charges have been laid.
The circles are symbolic.You are being spoken to by Nature Spirits or Devas. Ha ha,funny! Until you meet one.
And you have them on film,these orbs.Only took seconds as well!

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
You misunderstood what I meant. I am merely stating that other than aliens trying to communicate with us, there aren't too many reasons to make crop circles. If aliens feel compelled to draw designs just to please their artistic side, someone really has to introduce them to the magnificent invention otherwise known as paper.

The idea implying the cricles are being used as a navigation source is just sillyness. Are the grays really that stupid? Of all the extremely advanced technology they must surely poses, they cannot find their way on a rather small spherical planet? Sad. Just sad.

Notice I'm not discrediting ALL circles. If someone were to think up a logical explanantion for them, other than the BS I wrote about above, I might look at it from a differant light.

And by the way, did it ever occur to you that the farmers themselves may be responsible for the majority of all reported circles? I'm certainly not implying they were all done that way, but maybe somone gave the farmer a pocket full of cash and told him to look the other way. Money can buy off anything these days.

Then again probably many of the other instances may have just been a group of college students who decided to have fun one night. No doubt farmers care for their crops, but I doubt they stay up all night watching them.

If you have a large field, it is undoubtedly impossible to watch the entire area, espessially at night. And it's not like the sneaky hoodlums responsible for them are using weedwhackers. All it takes is a couple of determined people, some rope, a wooden board, and an hour or two, and BAM!, you have another set of circles that will be blamed on the unfortunate ET. And all this can be done silently.

Remember to deny ignorance. There are logical explanations for this "unexplained phenomena" that doesn't require aliens or orb balls.

[edit on 8/12/2004 by The Crow]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
My husband and I did see a show ( can't recall what one though) on how they were done. It followed a group of ppl around and showed how they made them in one night. It showed the plotting out where it was going to be and showed the technique in which they did which involved strapping boards to their feet and walking through the crop in the design of the cirlce. It was not done by one but a group of ppl.It is a very elaborate and thought out plan before they do this. But as was metioned some of these are very big and very complex so who knows maybe some are made by aliens!!

I think the show might have been on SciFi as a documentary on crop circles!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I know what you are talking about. Many of these shows have been aired over the years, and recently I saw something like it on the TV series 'Unexplained Mysteries'.

Using a board technique, it is extremely easy to make a totally perfect circle. Some of the kids who came forward did what was perviously said to be "impossible", they made a rather fancy shmancy design within 60 minutes.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer
Anybody use the search function anymore? Or talk about sand circles and ice circles? To me, those would be much harder to 'fake'.

THANK YOU!!! Why do we have to have a Crop Circle Thread start up once a week? This issue is beaten to DEATH!!!

Look, the argument that crop circles (the very intricate ones) are too hard for humas to do is BS. It's simple geometry. A very long string, lots of stakes to post in the ground, and a few guys with some wooden boards full of imagination. There is no crop circle in existence that defies the ability of man to create it. NONE!

Also, to say that this is the only form of communication the aliens can have with us (aside from radio waves) is BS too! If they are capable of creating these formations, they are capable of landing and making there presence known. That's about as straightfoward communication can get.

Bottom line, there is no proof, no evidence, no nothing, that tells us they were made by anyone other than man. The argument of the way some of the stalks are bent has been debunked, the whole deal of the radioactivity in the cleared fields has been debunked. There is no credible videos (I know, videos can be debunked too). I've heard all the arguments and seen all the websites dedicated to the circle phenomenon, and it all is based on speculation and alot of faith.

But, let's say for fantasy sake, if the circles are real. We have pretty much made them useless by creating thousands of our own circles around the world. If the aliens were using them for guiding or landing purposes, then now they have to determine which of the ones they made and which ones we made
I can just imagine, it's time for the massive invasion, and they begin to enter our atmosphere looking for thier "landing marks", then all the suddon the Hello Kitty Crop Circle shows up on their radar screen and causes a massive traffic jam in the sky.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Having grown up on a farm, I am of the opinion that if they are real that's fine. BUT, if they are man made, and if persons claim to have made them, then they should be procecuted to the fullest extent of the law, or sued on monetary damages. I've seen several programs with people claiming to have made crop circles, and I ALWAYS wonder why the aren't charged with vasndalism. Has anyone ever heard of an instance where a lawsuit has arisen because of crop circles?

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake

Look, the argument that crop circles (the very intricate ones) are too hard for humas to do is BS.

Yep....They haul all the different size boards with ropes out in the field and they fly to the spot that the crop circle is made...after all there are no tracks either human foot or vehicles for them to get in the middle of those huge fields.....they also carry all the different size boards on their backs while trampling down the field cause there are no signs of people walking back and forth to change board sizes....and they also never get lost and goof up anywhere on the huge intricate designs in the middle of the night working only with flashlights, which, by the way, people "would" see the lights it would seem at some point sometime over the years....

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Originally posted by mpeake

Look, the argument that crop circles (the very intricate ones) are too hard for humas to do is BS.

Yep....They haul all the different size boards with ropes out in the field and they fly to the spot that the crop circle is made...after all there are no tracks either human foot or vehicles for them to get in the middle of those huge fields.....they also carry all the different size boards on their backs while trampling down the field cause there are no signs of people walking back and forth to change board sizes....and they also never get lost and goof up anywhere on the huge intricate designs in the middle of the night working only with flashlights, which, by the way, people "would" see the lights it would seem at some point sometime over the years....

Basically, yeah. Do you really think that the people who do them are sitting at the bar with their buddies and all the sudden say, "hey, let's go make one of them crop circle thingy's". "Yeah, I got me a board and some rope in the truck, whoo hoo!"

Nope, this sorta thing would take LOTS of planning, so obviously, the dedication it takes to create them would require the same dedication for prepping the project. Again, you peple are not giving the human mind and imagination enough credit.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Well the anomalous phenomena have not been debunked, just merely unfairly dismissed.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I thought the question as to why there were never any footprints has already been beaten down just as much as the rest of this topic. I don't want to hear anything having to do with footprints again, and I'm sure the rest of us intelligent people who can form a coherent thought feel the same.

Look, some guys came forward and confessed to making quite a few cricles. Obviously they aren't the only group of kids out there who like to have fun at night. But anyway, as they were out there demenstarting their technique, the few skepticals who were still around refused to believe them. One of them asked "Oh yeah? Think you're sooo coooolll, huh? Well, get this smarty pants, how can you get in the middle of a field with no footprints" and the college kids replied "umm...wow, you're really clueless. We use stilts to walk out into the field, dummy". And guess what, they proved they could do it. Using stilts to walk out into the field, and using only their boards and some poles, they made some very detailed looking designs within 60 minutes.

And flashlights? Honestly, why in the world would you need flashlights. Earth has a natural sattelite orbiting around it, we call it the 'Moon'. I would think the moon, espessially a full moon, would provide enough natural light to get the job done.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Crow
I don't want to hear anything having to do with footprints again

I'm sorry! I musta missed the announcement here where you were given the authority to tell the rest of us what we may, or may not, speak of. When I joined this site, I was under the impression that it was for debate...that would negate you telling the rest of us what we may, or may not talk about.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Humans have been proven to make crop circles and not aliens. That is not to say that an extraterestrial race could not make them, just that there is no proof that they have. Regardless they are quite impressive art form.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Humans have been proven to make crop circles and not aliens. That is not to say that an extraterestrial race could not make them, just that there is no proof that they have. Regardless they are quite impressive art form.

Exactly, for those who don't share this opinion, the burdon of proof is on you. Humans have already "Proven" they can perform elaborate crop circle creations in secret with crude tools time and time again. There is no ET being doing the same that I know of.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join