It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big Picture: Ramblings From A New ATS Member

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
It's a pleasure to meet you all. I've been reading ATS for some time, but have just now decided to muck in on some of the discussions. Here are my thoughts on THE "big picture".

I've read Richard Nolan, and some Vallee, and the impression I get regarding government secrecy toward the ET hypothesis is this; the government, and subsequently humanity, are powerless and subject to the whims of our technologically-advanced visitors.

In the past, the justification for secrecy was something to the effect of "Accepting aliens as real is too traumatic and would result int he break down of society." While this may have been an accurate description of society in the 1950's, 21st century polls show humans are quite comfortable with the idea of the existence of ET's. What we don't stomach is the mass secrecy.

It has also been argued that secrecy has persisted for financial reasons. While I don't doubt this has some significance, I think the underlying reason is far more troubling.

Ultimately, I think those with actual knowledge of the ET reality are maintaining secrecy over the issue because the larger secret humanity keeps from itself is its own powerlessness. Call me a pessimist, but that's how I see it.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by UniqueUsername23456

Hi UniqueUsername23456, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by UniqueUsername23456

hi m8 and welcome look forward to hearing some more of your views

i agree with you that the younger generations would gladly except the exsistence of E.Ts the olders not so much as most older folk are more religous than the more opened minded young

but if aliens was finally said to be out there then all forms of religion would break down i think for sure
you might still have the few fanatics but thats about it

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The Gods never said we were the only ones they created. People of religion just assumed we were. Our government would never allow the truth to be revealed. Truth is, we don't need them to tell us their real, I think the majority of us already know.

new topics

top topics

join