It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Dust Storm Envelopes Phoenix, Grounds Flights [VIDEO]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Thanks Sugar,
Googling it as I write

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by nrd101

It was very intense for at least an hour and during that time it would have been hard to breathe or see anything outside. After that it continued for 2 more hours as it died down. It doesn't totally cover things with dirt or sand like in a movie but it does leave a heavy dusting on everything. It even blows through window and door weatherstriping and gets dust inside your house.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

Oh yeah, anybody with COPD,Emphysema, asthma etc... are probably hurting right now. Those particles get into the lungs and

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Here is a firsthand video

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Heres another one. This time he stays with it. It gets really dark

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Someone posted this↓↓ earlier.
Amazing Time-Lapse of Phoenix Dust Storm

This is the link, from that thread, to the guys site.
Scott Wood Photography

Very good quality images. The video of the time-lapse, is only 23 seconds, but it is definitely worth watching.

Personally, I think it is beautiful, in a deadly way.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Someone posted this↓↓ earlier.
Amazing Time-Lapse of Phoenix Dust Storm

This is the link, from that thread, to the guys site.
Scott Wood Photography

Very good quality images. The video of the time-lapse, is only 23 seconds, but it is definitely worth watching.

Personally, I think it is beautiful, in a deadly way.

Damn!

Looks like so many nuclear explosion movies I've seen.

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I've never seen a dust cloud , that would totally like freak me out if I was living there.
But, that was some awesome footage.
edit on 6-7-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
S & F OP.

I had the pleasure of going through one of these big ones back in 1982 when I lived in Tucson. It looked like the scene from Alien when they first exit their ship. Every car alarm and smoke alarm in the city seemed to be going off from the dust. The wildest thing was watching the spotlights from helicopters and cop cars trying to pierce the dust as night came on. Being young and carefree, me and my dorm mates took it as a sign from God that classes were canceled and the drinking lamp was lit.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

a lil help please
edit on 6-7-2011 by forsaken421 because: help embedding

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by forsaken421

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Tell me about it! Asthma has been acting up all day.

Lived in Phoenix my whole life and have NEVER seen or experience anything like this, till last night. Learned today that a coworkers mother died on the 101, 4 car accident due this storm....crappy

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

So even if the time lapse video was posted already, I'd rather re-post it along with my thoughts. In the second time lapse, I find it rather peculiar to see a slightly brown looking cloud above the storm cloud at it's forefront. It is like the head of a vacuum guiding the storm. Has anyone noticed that? You can notice that in the second half of the time lapse video (or see this picture www.durangoherald.com...&ExactW=620 )

Just in...a second massive storm hits Arizona:

A half-mile-high wall of dust, whipped by 30 mph winds, grounded airplanes in Phoenix and left drivers battling visibility woes before quickly disappearing.

The phenomenon - known as a haboob, and more likely seen in the Sahara desert - blew into Phoenix around 5:30 p.m., the National Weather Service said.

Read more: www.nydailynews.com... xzz1SZjfI6cc

19 July 2011 Last updated at 09:05 ET Help

A giant wall of dust rolled through the Phoenix area on Monday, turning the sky brown and delaying some airline flights.

The dust wall was about 1,000m high and created winds of 25 to 30 mph, with gusts of up to 40 mph, according to a meteorologist with the National Weather Service.

Another giant dust storm in Arizona caught worldwide attention on 5 July. Both are part of the Arizona monsoon season, which typically starts in mid-June and lasts until the end of September.
www.bbc.co.uk...

But with the first one, is it possible that UFOs were involved? Or were the UFOs fake according to this video:

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join