It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grey on Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I came across this randomly in my various perusals and was quite astonished by the video demo at the end of his frame rate enhancement.
edit on 6-7-2011 by DB340 because: link wrong

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DB340

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DB340

Thing i found most odd was it blinked

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
And the finger movement at the end.

Just how did you embed? I saw the option when creating the thread for the YT number. Does this include the 'watch' bit after the / or only the letter/number combination?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
i wasted 2:01 of my life watching that guy talk and finally to see a video that have been posted here like 65432 times

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Hey OP,

This video has been posted numerous times. Utilize the ATS search function.

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Yeah, anybody with even a passing interest in this subject has seen this dozens of times. And anyone with half a brain can easily see this is utter bs and dismiss it without further discussion.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DB340

Just how did you embed?

When embedding only provide the video id, not the full url:

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kYFsP_q9V8&feature=feedu

this is a full url. You only want the code between '=' and '&' so to embed this video you'd only enter:

-kYFsP_q9V8

P.S. this is just a random video not the OP one.

====
suggestion to any mods who might wander by. This is apparently a big issue as I'm constantly posting this same time. Is it at all possible to script the youtube embedd option to check for full URL and trim out the unwanted bits? I's quite simple as all urls contain the video id between = and & (though not all have anything after the id so they don't always have the &)

just a thought
edit on 6-7-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
No matter how much you or I may want it to be real doesn't alter the fact that is and always will be a Hoax .

Some of the scratches on the film aren't what they seem. Vertical scratches on old footage are created "by the contact of the film material running against a mechanical part of the camera or film projector".

It's hard to imagine a mechanical process that would create a "dotted line" scratch across several frames, that happens to only hit the digit area. But it's easy to see how this artifact can be accidentally created in digital post-production.

The author probably wanted to apply some extra fuzz on the numbers so that they almost disappear at times. So in addition to the full frame aging effect, they've defined another filter that only affects the numbers. That's why some of the scratches are limited to that area.
This would also explain why the quality of the digit display varies uniformly (all digits equal brightness/blurriness), but independently from the rest of the frame. It's hard to come up with an alternative, "natural" explanation.

edit on 6-7-2011 by gortex because: typo edit

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Doesn't make much sense to twiddle with audio that probably was mixed in after the fact. There's no way to prove if the pulses were actually made by the shutter of a camera that exists in the real world or a digital sound file of a vintage camera mechanism added in post.

Waste of time, really.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DB340

Hey, the video looks much much better with what this guy does and it may have made me think twice if it was real or not because it does look pretty damn good however, the time stamp kills it. Thanks for sharing though

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I must express my disinterest in posting nonsense - I did look but the video I posted only had 400 views on YT so can't have been viewed hundreds of times on here. Perhaps the original had been posted but not the analysis of this individual. For this, however, I duly apologise.

Further, I am more interested in philosphical matters and the human nature side of such ATS-related topicage.

Consider this my final useless post!
edit on 6-7-2011 by DB340 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join