It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside Job

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I am sure many of you have already seen this most interesting documentary on the 2008 crisis, but for those who haven't, it's worth watching if you want to know what really happened. The reason I'm posting this is not only because people deserve to know the truth, it hasn't cased to amaze me that the vast majority on this forum blames the government. Although the governments are definitely part of the ponzi scheme, the real perpetrators are at Wall street, continuing to live their lives as if nothing happened while we get austerity.

Trailer:

Part I

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Well technically Title 28 USC Section 3002(5) Chapter 176 (15) states

(15) “United States” means—
(A) a Federal corporation;
(B) an agency, department, commission, board, or other entity of the United States;
or (C) an instrumentality of the United States.

So when you say government, we could easily say corporation. Since they are all just corporations in the end anyways.
Link to source at Cornell University
edit on 6-7-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Thanks for the links been meaning to watch this ever since the guy who produced it was on sky news getting interveiwed .

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Corporation: 1. a group of people authorized by law to act as a legal personality and having its own powers, duties, and liabilities

3. a group of people acting as one body

1. an association of individuals, created by law or under authority of law, having a continuous existence independent of the existences of its members, and powers and liabilities distinct from those of its members.

Technically the USA is a corporation, as are most Governments. Now if you're meaning "Publically Traded Corporation" then no, the USA is not a corporation. But if you use the literal sense of the Word and not the definition of a legally chartered public corporation then of course the US is a corporation. Just like if you're driving through the country you'll pass many Corporated signs signalling you have entered a new township/city/village.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
You know what my problem with this mentality is? We actually can control Wall Street, unlike the government.

The government we vote in, often times choosing between the lesser of two evils. And often, we can not do anything about it until the next election. Since the government withdraws our money directly from most of our paychecks, there is little we can do to chop the knees off the government so to speak. Add in the IRS, the government's paid version of loan shark muscle, and it leaves one with more frustration and fewer options.

However, with Wall Street, the problem really is that everybody wants to make money the same way, they just don't want to be taken advantage of nor do they want the brokers and traders making millions. Yet, keep the 401K growing and my dividend checks coming in..,,

Here's the thing: STOP funding the traders and brokers, STOP using any bank or at the very least ONLY use small, local, community banks. STOP pouring money into your 401k. Stop making money on Walmart stock and you will cripple Walmart. Stop complaining about big oil companies and then purchase stock in big oil hoping to make a buck all while criticizing how you are making the money!! It is hypocrisy at it's best.

I can guarantee you this: if big banks have NONE of our money, and Walmart has NONE of our money, and you are purchasing NO stock, not using any brokers, etc..,Wall Street WILL tank and then you all can celebrate.

And if anyone refuses to do any of the above, stop complaining about it all the way to Walmart with your dividend checks!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

The smaller banks usually are the first to go under. In my country, anyway.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by eldard
reply to post by lpowell0627

The smaller banks usually are the first to go under. In my country, anyway.

They go under because people flock to the bigger banks. If the majority of people moved their money to local banks, they wouldn't go under and it would greatly reduce the power and influence of the big banks. Win-win.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627

They go under because people flock to the bigger banks. If the majority of people moved their money to local banks, they wouldn't go under and it would greatly reduce the power and influence of the big banks. Win-win.

If the majority did the local banks, it's only a matter of time before they get big and stick their hand in the cookie jar.

top topics

join