It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BIG Uknown comet heads toward sun, nasa cuts feed.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
There is already a thread about a smaller comet that appeared yesterday on the SOHO feed. This comet shows up today, the 6th and is much larger before the feed ends.

just contributing this for viewing.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
What if our sun was suddenly destroyed? I may want to live underground then, too! I realize it is implausible but at this point in history who the hell knows what's going to happen?
Sorry I realize this is a somewhat pointless addition but I gotta get my post count up there so I can make threads!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MentalPriapism
What if our sun was suddenly destroyed? I may want to live underground then, too! I realize it is implausible but at this point in history who the hell knows what's going to happen?
Sorry I realize this is a somewhat pointless addition but I gotta get my post count up there so I can make threads!

If the sun was destroyed.. You wouldn't be able to survive underground.. In fact there would be nowhere in our solar system that you go with no sun.. Extreme cold, no food, water constant darkness...
To be honest you would be better of dying...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MentalPriapism

Pardon me but why would you wish to live underground if the Sun were destroyed? I'm not getting it, excuse my ignorance etc.

OP I found the video interesting but to be frank it seemed horribly done, cut too short and the little (I suppose big) comet looked as if it were doctored. Is there a way to check and verify the videos claims? A link to the NASA site or something? Forgive me but the hour is influencing my mind in a bad way.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MentalPriapism

Yeah, np. the footage for the 5th stops at 18:24 and the footage for the 6th begins at 00:36.
At the rate the comet is moving, it's hit the sun by now or is behind it on the soho images so i realize this post is possibly a bit late, however, if anyone decides to watch for a solar reaction to something seemingly larger than earth hitting the sun, you are now informed of the event.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Could it be possible that it was a smaller comet that flew by the camera and wasn't anywhere near the sun. I mean that is a two dimensional image and it would be impossible to say how far or close the object is to the camera.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
If the sun was destroyed right now, every living thing on earth would have approximately 8 minutes to live. Then we would all be frozen solid, instantly. It takes 8 minutes for the sun's light to reach us.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Cross8712

NASA Site

sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...

choose LASCO 2 and enter 2011-07-05 for the start date and 2011-07-06 for the end date, then click search.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
i cant see why they cut feed...comets hitting the Sun are quiet commonly observed with SOHO

there is no conspiracy here

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
Could it be possible that it was a smaller comet that flew by the camera and wasn't anywhere near the sun. I mean that is a two dimensional image and it would be impossible to say how far or close the object is to the camera.

very possible i suppose.

looks ike a comet though,

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
You may be able to live underground given you were in a specialty shelter built to the correct requirements.

The earth provides its own natural warmth at depth, molten core which is independent to the suns heat.
If you were in a deep underground shelter, almost a miniature city you could live.

If the sun was destroyed you would assume the gravitational forces which are holding all the planets in a orbit would be affected, leaving us floating in space.

If those pictures are correct that comet would be huge

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
i remeber once SOHO was offline for more than 82 hrs..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
this is huge..

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
What if the SOHO feed is just a hoax? Just to stir up paranoia? Information is the most valuabe and strictly controlled thing in the world. Lots of psyops being perpetrated right now. One thing I've learned, if you focus on your fear you will draw it into your life. If enough people believe the earth will be destroyed and focus on that fear it might be enough to make it happen. Life is what you make it. Or unmake it. Be careful what you believe in.

edit on 6-7-2011 by NE1911 because: missed a word

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
K I am feeling like an idiot for saying anything about the underground survivor.

Guys we get it, he made a dumb comment.

Let's focus on the thread.

OP I want to look at that video and make sure I actually see the same thing being shown. If I do then I think it's time to start looking for explanations. If there are none, then maybe there is a conspiracy. At the moment, we have a poor quality video with no proof. Lets dig my friends!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Comets fly into the sun all the time.

This one is nothing special, it's probably part of the Kreutz comet family...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
If the sun was destroyed right now, every living thing on earth would have approximately 8 minutes to live. Then we would all be frozen solid, instantly. It takes 8 minutes for the sun's light to reach us.
Why would we be instantly frozen solid? You'd think we'd have a bit longer than that. Like a few minutes or hours after there with no sunlight. But this is all assuming the sun just suddenly disappears. Which it wont. It would have to explode/implode and Earth would probably be wiped out in the process. If we did manage to survive the chaos then we would no longer be in a stable orbit and would be drifting through space without the protection of a solar system.
edit on 6-7-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

and what do you think you have to dig out??

1) Comets are pretty common hitting the Sun

2) its pretty common for soho to be offline for some time

just to let you know its just a waste of time digging this out further

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
That's happen numerous times before, so not that big a deal. Anything even getting close to the sun is going to melt and than fuse into it's basic components...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Hello, My first ever post but long time lurker.
Just wanted to ask you where you got that information from? Although light from the sun does reach us in about 8 minutes and 20 seconds it would actually take much longer for things to freeze outright, If your statement is correct half the world should be frozen every night

But in all seriousness we would more likely die from strange gravity affects, starvation....... or crazed looters,
and it would take an unimaginable event to completely destroy the sun.
I think its most likely that (if the sun is ever responsible for extinction on earth) it will be increased solar activity increasing the earth's temperature until inhospitable for life (some think this is the reason for earth's temperature increase, not global warming) ..............or supernova....... but that's along way off .

edit on 6-7-2011 by OxFoRdInFoRmEd because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2011 by OxFoRdInFoRmEd because: extra Info

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join