It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahoo Autos -- The biggest JUNK!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Yahoo periodically posts articles on cars as you all might know. I have read them in the past and have always come to the conclusion that they are EXTREMELY biased... But this one was just comical!

How on Earth would anyone ever think of writing that the Mercedes S550 is a bad car?!
It shared the list with cars that all together are cheaper than it!

Please someone help me understand!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
The yahoo article is a condensed version of an article from Forbes Magazine If you take the time to actually read the article it clearly states that the Mercedes is on the list because of "low overall value and high cost of ownership" and not because of any real problems.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAtomicspace

certainly , if you read the origional forbes article , you will find this caveat :

We should note that the Mercedes S550 is the only vehicle that qualified for our list because of a high cost of ownership, low fuel efficiency and a low rating for overall value, not because of any problems with reliability, safety or performance, which affected every other vehicle in the top 10.

source

though having said that - it still looks like a poor hatchet job on mercedes

and ignores the blisteringly obvious fact that people who can afford to buy a new s-class , do not even blink at the ammount and cost of fuel it uses

lastly - i want to know what a " low rating for over all value " really means

mercs have good residual value - and i am curious to know how the flagship BMWs , audis , jaguars , etc escape exactly the same alledged " faults " as the merc

let alone ` supercars `

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by cdnutz44

That's just nonsense. A cars cost is relative to the person purchasing it, you can't judge a car because it's expensive!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

It's not reasonable to judge a car on it's cost. There are so many cars that use more fuel and cost more than s550.
I do not see how that car is on that list...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
i think people have become ridiculously obsessed with buying cars with high price tags but without anything really special you know?Only way i'd ever pay more than 20,000 for a car is if it could fly and had an infinite power source..Ive banged my head many times over collectors who pay upwards of 30 grand for cars made between 1920 and 1970.i understand that they have historic value but its getting to be ridiculous!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

You are right. Personally I am addicted to cars, just love the joy behind it. Usually those cars have to be above 40k to be enjoyable though..

new topics

top topics

join