It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

69 yr old homeowner opened fire during no-knock police raid on his home

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
william cooper?

anyone remember how bill cooper (host for Hour of the time) was killed?
"police raid"?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Good job police officers, I mean really..

Ever heard of non-lethal weapons?
And besides, it's not like this man was smuggling ak-47s..
It was just prescribed drugs..

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by white_raven

I wouldn't be surprised if this little bit of information is up on Infowars eventually. The coincidence is pretty odd when you think about it.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I did not see this thread when I started This One that discusses "No Knock Warrants" in general and links to another story about a raid for suspected "Student Loan Fraud"! WTF?!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ryanp5555

Well I don't live in the USA, but here in PR criminals have impersonated cops to kill people, and I don't mean wearing a shirt that says 'police' I mean uniforms, badges, bulletproof vests, even squad cars. They go to your house handcuff you, take you away and kill you. It has happened quite a few times. Cops (real ones) have found fake squad cars or fake "undercover" cars with gov plates. So it's not unheard of at least here.

Peace

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta

"We were wearing shirts that said "POLICE" on them. We are obviously cops". If a bunch of armed thugs kicked in my door without announcing themselves as law enforcement, I would probably assume the worst and wouldn't take the time to examine their clothes to see if they say "POLICE" on them. They would be immediately met with a hail of gunfire, like the way this man handled it.

edit on 7/6/2011 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

Not to mention the fact that not everyone can read....or if they can, they may not be able to read without their glasses, or may otherwise be legally blind. Simply having the words "POLICE" on your shirt, seems like not enough IMHO....especially in a case like this. It's not as if the guy was some Drug Kingpin with an armada of personal armed guards or anything....just some old guy selling off some of this extra pills.

I've heard stories of people being busted for selling their Pain Pills locally....What I've heard is that often they will be called into their doctors office, and told to bring their pills....they'll count them there, and if they are over a certain percentage lower than they should be for the month then the Police take it from there. That seems a Hell of a lot more logical, and dignified of a way to handle the situation than what happened in this case....though admittedly I do not know all the details, other than what others have posted here about it.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Another case where the cops are criminals and the policy makers are complicit.

The old man justifiably shot in self defense. Too bad he didn't take out one of the criminals with him.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD
I am one of the most anti-police people you could ever meet.

If i am around you and you shoot at me i will shoot back. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Protest No-Knock warrants if you must but the police were justified in this case (did i just say that?)

edit on 7/6/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: a couple enter/returns go a long way

No. These cops were not even remotely justified in shooting that man. They may have shot him out of what they felt was a necessity to protect themselves from his use of lethal force against them. I'll give you that point. But they created the dangerous circumstance which placed them in that position. It was their stupidity, recklessness, carelessness, negligence, or whatever else you want to call it, which created the dangerous situation. As such, what they did may have been "necessary" in their eyes to protect themselves, but it was not justified or justifiable in any way.

What, pray tell, made it necessary for them to burst into that man's home the way they did? Absolutely nothing! Why didn't they just stake it out and wait for him to come out and go to the grocery store and arrest him then. Oh, that would have consumed a bit of time. Can't have that. Their time is too valuable. Better to create a dangerous situation so we can kill him in his castle and be done with it. You think I'm being too harsh? They went in with guns cocked (figuratively) safeties off, and ready to fire at the slightest provocation.

They murdered the man in his own home. They deserve the consequences which flow from having committed that crime. That they are uniformed commissioned cops does not justify their murder of a U.S. citizen in his own home under the circumstances as described.

Oh, they had a warrant! You want to say that justifies it? No it doesn't. It only means there was yet another stupid short-sighted individual involved in this chain of events: the stupid myopic full-of-his-own-power and hungry to flex his muscles judge or magistrate who signed the warrant.

When you create a situation that you should know will lead to a need to use lethal force, you are accountable for the consequences that flow from the situation that you created.

Stupid meat head bullies wearing badges and SWAT costumes. Trick or Treat? No treat for you! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! And for good measure, one last Bang! You're dead! Oops! We're sorry. Looks like our informant exagerated just a little bit. But that's alright. Our chief says we were justified. Wheww! Thank God for that! Now we can get a restful night's sleep despite killing a law abiding senior American citizen in his own home for no good reason. Hallelujah! Praise the Lord! Have mercy!

Using a SWAT team in a situation like that is criminal! Some heads need to role in that police department. A weekend of sensitivity training just won't cut it.
edit on 7/7/2011 by dubiousone because: Grammar. Clarification. Anger. I want to grab those assholes by the throat and administer some justice! But all I have available is an edit to this post!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by white_raven

William M. Cooper was killed because he opened fire on Apache County Sheriffs trying to arrest him. They returned fire when one deputy was shot in the head. Cooper was stark raving nuts and his delusions got him killed.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mapkar
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

Absolutely ridiculous. No knock warrants may provide the element of surprise to keep cops "safe" but at what cost? A few dogs, a marine, and an elderly man? No way is this how America is supposed to be.
Well if this is not the way it is supposed to be, do something about. (It is every mans right to bear arms) ? You reap what you sow.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
well.. i read the article and it didnt match your headline or what actually happened.

bit of a shame really as i thought this might read on to be something =(

pitty

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

The officers say they knocked and had a warrant. So I'd like to know why we are taking any one else's opinion seriously without them actually being there.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Crazy, no knock warrants in a country where everyone has a gun and home owners have a right to shoot trespassers.
edit on 7-7-2011 by silhouette because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
This is an injustice to our freedom, these are not the principles america was founded on and we need to change.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Why didn't they just wait until the gentleman was awake, knock on his door, and when he opened it tell him they are the police, they have a warrant, and he's under arrest? Why the heavy handed approach? Oh, some nameless "mis-informant" uttered the word "drugs"! That justifies any and every stupid, reckelss, and dangerous tactic you engage in.

One of the comments to the news article aptly described it like this: " * * * armed cops to force their way into the home of a sick elderly man with poor vision to serve a search warrant for evidence of nonviolent crimes."
edit on 7/7/2011 by dubiousone because: Clarification

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta

Originally posted by kro32
So we are right back where we started before you called me a liberal.

Of course we are... you liberals like to argue in circles.

It's even worse than that...he's a COP. A cop who claims all cops are justified to kill or abuse anyone, at any time, for any reason because there MUST be a good reason for it. After all, they're his fellow cops. He's in every thread like this always defending the cops and making up his own "facts", and even if proven wrong he'll never admit it. He should look in the mirror every day and know that he's the reason that so many people believe that there are no good cops. If a cop shot an old lady in the face walking home from her church social he's defend him, probably saying the old lady's cane could be used as a deadly weapon.

As far as this case goes, there is NO justification for kicking down the door of an elderly man, living alone. When is the last time an old man killed a cop who knocked like a civilized human being?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Great work, so many things accomplished;
got to get the blood pumping in the pre raid meeting, six guys laying tactics out on how to take out their well researched target/perp, got to put on all the gear getting pumped up to enter the theater of death that they were heading for, got to use hand signals and yell go go go, rode that rush of adreneline all the way up to scaring the crap out of a 69 year old man alone in his house and when he properly responded,
the ultimate...... they got to fire their weapons, bang your dead just like when they were little boys or playing halo.

Great work, another one off the medicare/medicaid teet, and live in the field practice like a cherry on top.
SICKENING.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
This is just sad.

Dubiousone explains exactly how i feel about it,so theres no need me repeating it.

The "cops" put themselves in that position,no one else,so anything that happens is for that exact reason,so they cant blame anyone else,especially the victim.

A elderly man killed for what? absolutely nothing,its really sickening.

Under the leadership they have, law enforcement personal are the only terrorists i see around,not someone in another country.Its in your own country,state,town,in your backyard!

edit on 7-7-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I used to live in that area for a while, on the other side of the peninsula on Jefferson Avenue in Newport News. Came home one day, and the SWAT team was staging in my yard for an event which ended in a shootout at a dwelling about 150 yards away. One fatality, the homeowner. In all fairness, he'd started a running gunfight with a neighbor, so it was all good.

Another time, I was awakened by a raid on the Pathfinder Bookstore across the street at about 2 am. Never heard what the commotion was all about, so I can't say whether it was good or not.

In both of those cases, there were PLENTY of marked police cars in evidence. This new business of running raids on homes with a "no knock warrant" and without identifiable vehicles is wrong. Just plain wrong. I don't blame anyone for firing on home invaders. Anyone can shout that they're anything at all when they kick your door in, so the tired old crap about how they "identified themselves" is BS. It's not just a lie, it's a DAMN lie.

If they ever decide to visit me in such manner, they'd better knock and wait politely, ID in hand and ready to go, and act civilized, or I'm apt to serve 'em in a similar manner, and they'll have to kill my tired old ass to ever get me out of there, too.

It's a damn shame that the guy didn't take a few of them with him. Good on him that he at least tried. a home invader is a home invader, and I don't care whether he's wearing a badge or a ski mask.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Poor research, even worse execution.
Seems sitting in a car out front for a day, maybe two would provide some intel, maybe a walk up visit 'knock knock' answer the door ask a few questions?
The levels of engagement have been lowered, and are continuing to be lowered to the point of assault.
He died in a country that is almost 180 degrees away from where it was when he was born.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join