It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India Requires Biometric ID for Poor and Hungry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Fingerprint technology to help feed India's poorest
By Rajini Vaidyanathan

www.bbc.co.uk...

Women are waiting in line in one of Chandigarh's slum areas, holding empty shopping bags ready to be filled with rice, wheat and sugar.

As each customer reaches the counter, they hand the shopkeeper a plastic card with their photograph on, then they're asked for something else - their fingerprints.

In order to buy any of the supplies from this government-run ration store, they need to place their fingers on a small credit-card-style machine.

Only once they get a match can their purchase go ahead.
Women buying staples from the government shop using their smart cards Women buying staples from the government shop using their smart cards

The shoppers here in Chandigarh are part of a project that uses biometric smart cards to deliver food to the city's poorest.

So in Orlando you have to have a permit to feed the poor, and in India you have to show a biometric smart cart and finger print to get a meal.

Could you imagine Jesus with the loaves and fishes...

"Jesus told the crowd to sit down on the ground. Then he took the seven loaves and the fish, and when he had given thanks, he broke them and taunted his disciples with them, and they in turn taunted the people; "I will feed you... but only if you have a biometric ID. Marked by the beast, they all ate and were satisfied."

crazy world,

Sri Oracle

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I think that this sounds more sinister than it really is.

In the past, a big problem with aid sent to third world countries ends up in the rich minorities hands.

With the biometric system, aid can only go to the individuals that really need it, not to the wealthy. A complex algorithm used to create user ID's could ensure that log files are less likely to be tampered with or forged. If forged logs did turn up, it would be easy to trace them back to their source.

The only real problem I can see with it is that the sick would be forced to get out of bed for their rations unless another family member can collect it on their behalf.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
So if TPTB want to create a database of biometric information on the population, all they have to do is make them poor and needy.

It's "we can save you, but you must give us what we want".

No points for guessing how they will save us when they decide to crash the system.

I'd also be very suprised if this is non GMO food too.
edit on 6/7/11 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I go to the store, pick up a gallon of milk, whip out my "wic smartcard" to pay... Same thing. And yes its called a smartcard.

Also, foodstamps uses a card now. Who needs finger prints when they got you and your families socials, I.d.? Oh thats right! Everyone of age has to get finger printed before you recieve the foodstamp card.

So, same thing

top topics

join