It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Cops going at it after one assaults a handcuffed man **Video**

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

I am completely against police brutality but HONESTLY the guy thats handcuffed was acting like a soccer player that fakes a penalty...he was way over exaggerated.

IMHO....

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by CodexSinaiticus

I don't see how this supports you theory of systemic police corruption, and the covering up of murders of prisoners held in police custody. But keep trying.
You called me out.... don't you remember doing that? You asked me to provide you with evidence that police cover up murders. You said I was crazy for believing that it was even possible.

I gave it to you.

You won't accept it, I guess because it is a fact. Maybe you have something against them.

Do you think this is the only case where cops have been convicted of conspiracy to commit murder or obstruct justice in murder cases?

I just gave you the first one that popped up.

edit on 6-7-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

A monkey banging on a typewriter will for year on end spew nothing more than gibberish, however the longer he types the better his chances of typing a Shakespearean sonnet.

This country has had Police departments for 150 years, of course they have covered up, as well as committed every crime imaginable.

I take issue with your assertion that this is systemic within the culture, and ongoing. It is to this point that I disagree.

You bring up a riot situation after a catastrophe, and use this to support your thesis.

You then ridicule my theory regarding the officers motivation for taking a plea.

If I said to you, roll the dice don't take a plea and risk your freedom, pension, etc what would you do.

BTW, try to wrap your head around this:

If those officers you have mentioned are all acquitted, what exactly did the officer who took the plea, obstruct?

edit on 6-7-2011 by CodexSinaiticus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hear. Hear. This cops must read ATS. He also is doing a job in this situation in which I applaud and give Honor to.

WE NEED MORE OF THIS FROM YOU!! And you will have our respect as well as know we have your backs as well.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
reply to post by Manhater

You are taking me so out of context. I almost did go to the academy, but for medical reasons, I can't be in LE, but I do have a degree in it. The guy was overly dramatic. He looked, more like he was putting up a fight, more then he looked to be as hurt as he claimed. Like my grandma use to say, "You want something to cry about, I'll give you something to cry about"

edit on 5-7-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

I really hate to celebrate somebody's poor health but... whatever medical reasons you have that prevented you from joining the force, I'm glad you have them.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

I'm glad you have them.

No, you don't. Trust me.
edit on 6-7-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
NYC represent

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

You are taking me so out of context. I almost did go to the academy, but for medical reasons, I can't be in LE, but I do have a degree in it. The guy was overly dramatic. He looked, more like he was putting up a fight, more then he looked to be as hurt as he claimed. Like my grandma use to say, "You want something to cry about, I'll give you something to cry about"

edit on 5-7-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

Medical reasons huh? Sounds like you failed the psychology test.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Originally posted by FlySolo

I have scoliosis. I wore a full metal brace until the age of 16, and now, I have 2 metal rods in my back, from my neck to my tail-bone, which probably makes me a lightening rod to bad weather or one to be groped by TSA agents. I wouldn't wish it on you or anybody else. I really don't think, that is a funny situation. I'm glad your normal. Must be nice.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyop911

Originally posted by mb2591
Nice but that guy was being a little over dramatic for real.

yeah, what will the neighbours say? lol.

what does this mean?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper0351
reply to post by mb2591

I am completely against police brutality but HONESTLY the guy thats handcuffed was acting like a soccer player that fakes a penalty...he was way over exaggerated.

IMHO....

Yes thank you someone who watched the whole video.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OverMan
reply to post by UcDat

Would he do the same if he did not know someone was filming?
Would he do the same in a dark alley?
Would he do the same if his inner bias caused him to initially dislike the person being molested by his partner?

Doesn't matter. He was doing it.

You're one of those "if Charles Manson said the sky was blue, you'd call that into question" kind people, aren't you?

/TOA

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

I have scoliosis. I wore a full metal brace until the age of 16, and now, I have 2 metal rods in my back, from my neck to my tail-bone, which probably makes me a lightening rod to bad weather or one to be groped by TSA agents. I wouldn't wish it on you or anybody else. I really don't think, that is a funny situation. I'm glad your normal. Must be nice.

Hey guy, I never laughed at you or think less of your condition. I'm sorry you are in that situation. It must be very stressful for you and I wish you all the best.

However, your comment about beating people up to shut them up as a police officer doesn't exactly paint you in a non-violent light. There is a strict protocol to bringing balanced mind individuals into the force to protect the people. Not to mention to protect the integrity of the police force from liability. You must know this. Regardless of how a perp behaves, I would like to see nothing but outmost professionalism among the selected boys in blue.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I think it is important to remember when viewing these videos that we are not getting the context nor nearly enough information to make snap judgements on what is really going on. What one person perceives as over reacting may not be taking into consideration the state of mind of a person involved. We don't know if the person is mentally ill and experiencing a psychotic episode, high on drugs, or developmentally challenged.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mudbeed
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

It was nice to see a police officer stand up for what was right, but that dude was dramatic as hell. Also I didn't see any "beating" I can assume that it happened before the video started, but It would be nice to see the proof.

The guy being arrested is kind of a drama queen.

Oh totally I won't argue that one bit. First thing I thought of was Rodney King LA riot 1993 lol. Also I see a few have commented on whether or not that other cop acted more on genuine sincerity, or more on the fact that he knew that someone had their asses on video...for which I completely concur but with what's been presented I guess we'll never know ya know?

Either way whatever the true motives/agendas were I found it still kind of unique that another cop challenged a fellow cop in public like that as in we just don't see that every day. Could it be a societal shift within the police state we are seeing here as a result of so many large profile abuse/corruption cases as of late? If so then I will say this...we better fight with every ounce of our being to protect our right to video these cops in the performance of their daily duties because if that is the case, you can bet your bottom dollar that it came about as a result from them being videoed!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

The video starts with the dude handcuffed already...you dont even know what the hell happened so youd make a perfect judge...the cop could of have been being violent until another cop shows up and stops him...way to judge judgie.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

The video starts with the dude handcuffed already...you dont even know what the hell happened so youd make a perfect judge...the cop could of have been being violent until another cop shows up and stops him...way to judge judgie.

Okay, if that was the case, then why the 2nd suppose cop go after the cameraman? He's just as guilty. We need before footage not the drama footage.

You guys take things way too seriously. OMG.
A) It was just a remark, not like I would actually do it.
B) Being 86 pounds, I doubt I can take anybody down.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

We have militarized our police force. It is that which has to stop.

It is good to see a few decent cops left.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

This video has no bearing on bad cops.

1] Why is the guy being detained in the first place? We don't know.
2] The guy is obviously crying wolf with "OMG help me" and the cop isn't even beating him. Grown man, please, I would expected to see some bruising on him.
3] The guy is obviously being resistant.
4] I would of beat the guy up, just to shut his mouth.
You have to admit he was annoying and the officer wasn't even doing anything.

Your wrong and let me tell you why, the other cop wasn't helping his partner. In fact he was on more than one occasion trying to get the officer of of him, and you can hear the one officer say back the hell of him when they where closer to the camera to the other officer. The partner knew that this was wrong, and his actions do show that not only wasn't he backing him up, he was making sure that everybody knows that he was trying to stop it. When two cops get into a shoving match like that, it's not over a perp making up stuff. It's more about one of them are in the wrong and the other police officer doesn't want to be caught up in a situation that good lose him his job or incarceration. He felt so much about it he didn't run to the camera to tell them to back up or anything, and he didn't stop to consider what pushing the other officer on camera ment. The officer may be in the wrong and his partner knows it.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Cry-baby guy just needs to STFU and keep calm. Arsehole cop needs to drink less coffee. Nothing else to see here.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
This video needs to go viral, if only to help reduce some of the (justified) anti-cop sentiment exploding right now due to countless assualts, unlawful arrests and abuses of power by police.

Its good for us to see examples of cops standing up for whats right AGAINST other cops. More and more are going to need to find that kind of courage soon, or else be counted in with the rest of the bad apples when the public finally loses patience with them and being treated like dirt.

Give that cop an award.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join