It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Cops going at it after one assaults a handcuffed man **Video**

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

reply to post by CodexSinaiticus

Support your post or reverse yourself! Or hide in the corner.

Are you saying that a police officer has never conspired to cover up a murder?

The indictment charges four officers – Kenneth Bowen, Robert Gisevius, Robert Faulcon and Anthony Villavaso – in connection with the shootings, and charges those four officers and two supervisors – Arthur “Archie” Kaufman and Gerard Dugue – with helping to obstruct justice during the subsequent investigations.

Free Republic: DOJ release

Oh, sorry, that's four.

More about it:

Michael Lohman, a retired New Orleans Police Lieutenant, pleaded guilty to a federal obstruction charge on Wednesday in New Orleans, admitting he participated in a conspiracy to cover-up the unjustified shooting of six unarmed people on Danziger Bridge in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina

Source

Two peoples lives were snuffed out by police officers, and four other officers conspired to cover it up. You say it doesn't happen.

But to suggest that police officers conspire to cover up murders is crazy, I have said this to YOU in several posts, yet you seem to gloss over this point.

Who is crazy? Hmmm.... You a cop?
Just in case you couldn't find it, I quoted myself.

Wasn't just an indictment, bud. They had a cop admit his guilt!

Oh, I wish I had a cop here to tell me what I don't know.

edit on 6-7-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

I found it, and responded both before and after your edit. Thanks
edit on 6-7-2011 by CodexSinaiticus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591
Nice but that guy was being a little over dramatic for real.

Look, you may think the guy was being over dramatic, but let me ask you this. Have you ever been handcuffed and thrown around? Have you been in handcuffs and put into any uncomfortable position? I can't say I wouldn't be responding the exact same way if I were in the position of innocence and I was being arrested by officers sworn to protect the people...

I was handcuffed maybe 20 days ago and my thumbs are still 100% numb. I have no feeling in them and I was handcuffed for a short while. Handcuffs are definitely not comfortable and nothing to play around with as harmless as they may seem.
edit on 6-7-2011 by Astraios because: additional sentences

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Ha ha, you cite an indictment as proof?
I knew that was coming, ding dong.

Look again at my post, I put the rest of it in for you.

Yeah, uh you edited it after the fact and I responded, and whats with the one liners? You frustrated?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Honestly guys,

we need to help these guys out. You can see by the video, the police forces in north america have become divided into two sides, those who want to do right, and those who've let the power go to their head.

It's not just a movie anymore.

We can help.

I haven't been a member that long, but I watch, I watch this site cause' it breeds thoughtful and observant insight into society.

I actually live in S.E. Asia, and my gosh, people here always think the local police force are corrupt, but really, when you get down to it - they're not - because at least when they abuse their power, it's because they need some extra cash to feel their families - what excuse do we have at home.

Is there somebody, a tad bit more organize than me, who can find out the main police services office, in which, really - as many of us as there are, we could all just send an email, and email with this link - with perhaps the words...

"...we understand, but we're watching..."

the great thing about north america is lawyers, i know none of us wants to here that - but ATS is actually a kind of powerful force, aside from the fact we all think we're too paranoid and outskirt to make a difference, not true - a hundred emails hit a few deadlocked emails and it's a voice - a simple admission

on this - on this one video, submitted by someone who took a chance, cause' as you can see - in doing so, he got bullied at the end, but more strongly, it was the police man's own partner who tried to stand

help him

help ourselves

discuss

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

BTW, if an electrician commits a murder, would another member of his union cover for him? I mean they are members of the brotherhood, right?
Knock knock... (taps on head) Anyone home in there?

How many electricians do you know that are tasked with arresting people for crimes?

Police officers have a little power that you have to take into account for this subject.

I know personally of three automobile crashes where the operators were well beyond the legal limit of alcohol intoxication and they either were a cop, the spouse or friend of a cop. None of them were arrested, even though in two of the cases the vehicles were demolished and in one case the operator was hospitalized.

It shouldn't help to know someone that's a cop when you break the law.

Crashes, and the cops let the Cop/relative/friend go?

Really? Again more bull#. BRB gotta get my boots.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Props to the cop who stepped in. The other cop was out of line, big time. The worst part is, the guy will get charged with resisting. Bank on it.

Que the apologists in 3...2...1....
edit on 6-7-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDolphinSings

oops, apologies - so many errors - vocabulary skills becoming a little too 'engrish' ; )

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astraios

Look, you may think the guy was being over dramatic, but let me ask you this. Have you ever been handcuffed and thrown around? Have you been in handcuffs and put into any uncomfortable position? I can't say I wouldn't be responding the exact same way if I were in the position of innocence and I was being arrested by officers sworn to protect the people...

I was handcuffed maybe 20 days ago and my thumbs are still 100% numb. I have no feeling in them and I was handcuffed for a short while. Handcuffs are definitely not comfortable and nothing to play around with as harmless as they may seem.
edit on 6-7-2011 by Astraios because: additional sentences

Actually I can say yes to that question and my case got dropped because of it.

Yes at first the cop was being dumb but the guy was being over dramatic with his refusal to stand up which was only hurting him more if you watch the whole video you will see what I'm talking about. sheesh everybody so quick to put down the cops even though what I'm saying is true and it's not defending to police.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodexSinaiticus

Michael Lohman, a retired New Orleans Police Lieutenant, pleaded guilty to a federal obstruction charge on Wednesday in New Orleans, admitting he participated in a conspiracy to cover-up the unjustified shooting of six unarmed people on Danziger Bridge in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina

Source

Here is my take on this:

Mr Lohman is offered a plea deal, take the obstruction and 6 month suspended sentence and testify against the other officers. You have 2 weeks to retire, and settle your affairs before we'll go forward with the plea.

Cop keeps his pension and does zero jail time.

Regarding the story, from what I heard it is some really scarry stuff, and maybe a taste of whats in store for all of us when the SHTF. From what I can recall, the officers were told (by whom is the real issue here) that shoot to kill was authorized for looters. I saw a clip on 60 minutes I think, anyway people were shot.

Whats very interesting here is that the officers will testify that they were given permission to act as they did, it will be interesting to see how this hashes out. The question here is not whether or not the officers shot people but was shooting these people unlawful.

Can a competent authority authorize this level of force?

I for one would like to know, and as far as I know there is no precedent. Unless, you consider Kent State an equivalent. Which judging by the lack of any enforcement action by the government, indicates it must have been absolutely, legal. Lol, I can believe I said that, hehe.

I don't see how this supports you theory of systemic police corruption, and the covering up of murders of prisoners held in police custody. But keep trying.

I'll re-post it just in case you missed it.

Comfortable in the corner?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
if hes such a good cop shouldnt he be arresting the abusive cop??

nah im sorry good to see an alledged good cop! the reality will probably be that he knows someone that knows the arrested guy or maybe its one of his inlaws(jk)

just saying appearences and all the arrested guy could have been in alot of pain,overreacting,mentaly disabled,innocent or even faking it(soccer all star)also the "good "cop could be normaly the abusive cop and this one time because he knew the guy or whatever.

s+f hope to see alot more videoes showing real cops defending the constitution!!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

TextHere is my take on this:
In other words, this is the story you make up to back up your argument.

I presented you with facts. A cop entered a guilty plea for conspiring to cover up the fact that other officer(s) shot and killed two unarmed civilians and wounded four others.

Now you are saying that he perjured himself to avoid conviction?

That is weak.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

anyway people were shot.
More like six unarmed civilians were shot.... two were killed.

OH, well, people were shot. Ho humm, eh?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Sorry to say this but it seems to me the guy had something in his hand. Drugs for example and you can clearly hear the cop ask what's in your hand and also see the cop trying to take out what's in the guys hand. The good cop did a fair job, but this wasn't severe and the guy was going ape over what? Acting like that is just going to get you in more trouble.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I don't see how this supports you theory of systemic police corruption, and the covering up of murders of prisoners held in police custody. But keep trying.
You called me out.... don't you remember doing that? You asked me to provide you with evidence that police cover up murders. You said I was crazy for believing that it was even possible.

I gave it to you.

You won't accept it, I guess because it is a fact. Maybe you have something against them.

Do you think this is the only case where cops have been convicted of conspiracy to commit murder or obstruct justice in murder cases?

I just gave you the first one that popped up.

edit on 6-7-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

anyway people were shot.

Wow, not only are you lost on the topic, apparently you can't read either. Still working in prison?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
judging from what a drama queen that guy was, i think he probably deserved a little brutality.

uhm , lol

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodexSinaiticus

anyway people were shot.

Wow, not only are you lost on the topic, apparently you can't read either. Still working in prison?
Even weaker.

Just like your argument using a plea deal excuse. Most criminals plead guilty when they know that they have a poor chance of winning in a court trial.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

yeah, what will the neighbours say? lol.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Bad acting is bad acting. Interesting timing for this in light of the recent round of ATS posts proving current LEO (?) abuses towards citizens (who pay their salary). This looks so staged its laughable... Really. people arent all so dumb as to believe amateur acting.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
judging from what a drama queen that guy was, i think he probably deserved a little brutality.

uhm , lol

you sir should join teh police force. lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join