It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Name a movie that gave you nightmares after watching it..

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Hey everyone! Been awhile since I posted. Great thread though, so I had to chime in!

I am almost 25 years old, and as a kid I was a huuuuge movie buff. Still am. But as a child, I regarded myself as a horror movie guy. I wouldn't say I have seen them all, but trust me, I tried. Needless to say, it became harder and harder for me to actually find myself shivering and covering my eyes in fright as the years went on, but then as well as now, there have been a few films that have done the trick and contributed to my nightmares. Most of these have already been named by other members, but I had a few to add...

IT -- I am from Bangor, Maine. Home town of Stephen King. His house is up the road from me. So I was reading his novels when I was a very young kid. MUCH scarier than any movie could ever be. But this one did the trick. Tim Curry in a clown outfit. Yeah.

Alien -- I think this movie is actually what started my fear of spiders. Those facehuggers are something else, though far from the scariest part of this film.

Event Horizon -- Sick, twisted, disturbingly awesome scary movie. Has a lot in common with Alien, I'd say, as the isolation of deep space certainly plays a factor in this one. The whole inter-dimensional travel to Hell and back was crazy.

Blair Witch -- This movie really did me in as a kid. Wasn't the scariest movie, but again, as a Maine kid, you know how scary it can be to be lost in the middle of the woods at night and not have your map. Of course, around these parts you might be more scared of a bear or moose!

House on Haunted Hill -- Another one that wasn't TOO scary, but there was some parts that just disturbed me. Such as when the young woman is walking around by herself with a handheld camcorder, only to see something standing in the corner ready to eat her.

Puppet Master -- Freaked me out bad as a kid. Especially the part when the man is tied up to the bed, blindfolded, and his girlfriend gets turned into a puppet and then vomits leeches onto him! Jeez!

Arachnophobia -- See above! I'm scared of spiders. So this one definitely got me.

Communion -- Another fear of mine.. Aliens! Specifically abductions. I read this book when I was in 4th grade. Then saw the movie directly after. Such a bad idea when younger! But I thought the next one was even worse....

Fire In The Sky -- Man... this movie was TERRIFYING. Everything about it. Great acting, as well. When he wakes up in his little coffin. And obviously when hes strapped down to the table with some type of rubber. Oh boy...

Leviathan and The Thing -- These two are similar if you have seen them both, shape-shifting monsters wreaking havoc. Saw them both when I was young and are two of my favorites.

And just to add.. I owned/played the board game Nightmare when I was younger and definitely remember being scared and entertained. It's silly now, but great for scaring the kids/siblings if your heart so desires!

Goodnight and good luck!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Wizard of Oz, Mary Poppins, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory scariest movies of all time.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Pokemon, the movie

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Any zombie movie I've ever watched no matter how benign has given me nightmares for weeks afterwards.

As for other movies, of course the usual classics apply: nightmare on elm street, Halloween, exorcist, hell raiser, evil dead... etc

Guess I'm a big old scaredy cat. And i too played Nightmare as a teen :-)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Made me laugh, oh my, what would you have done if a raccoon or deer walked up on you?

I didn't have nightmares, but I went with 2 friends to see the exorcist. I was laughing at the scene with Blair's head turning all the way around and my friends lost it. They screamed and screamed, I had trouble trying to remind them this is just a movie, and we had to leave. The one friend had a bed similar to the one in the movie and as soon as she arrived home, she threw that bed out of a second story window, piece by piece. She was never the same again, I believe she had a mental brakedown.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by PatriotGames2

HA! Fire In The Sky messed me up too!!

<< 5  6  7   >>

join