It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Name a movie that gave you nightmares after watching it..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Phantasm.. I'm hearing that music in my head as I type this. Movies never gave me nightmares but THAT movie SCARED the CRAP outa me....and believe it or not Blair Witch scared me just as bad...OH and how can I forget the Exorsist part 3.. when the nurse walks out of one room into the other across the hall then that person in a sheet comes screeching out of the first room behind her with HUGE medical sheers.. MOMMY!!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
has to be "the car"(1977 with james brolin) about a demonic car,still cant ride a bike on a quiet road without looking over my shoulder.as for horror films never really was scared much by most things,unless they cannot be fought...demons,aliens,etc.would love a wee nightmare about zombies or vampires or werewolves..they can all be defeated.lol.jeepers creepers was one of my fav of recent years though,but have to say the best horrors come from the 70s

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Critters. All of their movies.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a56985697c8b.jpg[/atsimg]

As a kid, they scared the beejezus outta me. Nowdays...not so much.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
To the poster who mentioned DreamScape... THAT was a great film, though in retrospect not as well acted as I thought it was at the time. LOL It wasn't really scary to me, but set a stage for suspicion towards TPTB in me that has carried through to this day.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
No actual horror movie has given me nightmares. I Just love them and can't get enough, but....
Arachnophobia did, because of the spiders. God I hate them.

The movie Phantoms did scare me enough that I would not get out of the chair and go to the bathroom until my husband came home. Those are the worst, the no-see-ums.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Sorcerors Apprentice with Mickey Mouse when I was 4. I took one look at the water mounting up and flooding out, and I fled the cinema with my hands apparently in the air screaming.

I must have somehow grown 'some' because after that I suddenly loved horror, sci fi, the lot. Anyone remember the Quatermass Experiment, now that from the 1950's was quite something else. There seems to be a quality that black and white sometimes gives to eerie films.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
An Inconvenient Truth . . . and not because of the global warming BS, but I kept dreaming that Al Gore was trying to eat me. First, I was in the water with the polar bear and it was trying to eat me, then it turned into Al, and he was trying to eat me. It was freaky.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It was a fairly old film Davy Crockat I think. If I remember rightly he was at least germaine to the story. There's a scene where a wagon tips over and the little drummer boy was killed. Being about 7 myself at the time I for some reason identified with the young man and for quite a while would wake up with nightmares after being frighteningly thrown from the wagon.

edit on 6/7/11 by goldentorch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by stitchypoos
Without a doubt it was Communion. When Christopher Walken is laying in bed and that Greys head peeks around the corner.... awe man! Crazy movie, but none the less the scene will always stick with me.

I watched this movie during the DAY on my iPhone and it scared the crap out of me! I had nightmares for a week and made sure my doors were all closed lol

OP Communion, Signs and War of The Worlds.

Funny thing is those are some if my favorite sci-fi movies but I love to spook myself! These movies do it everytime!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Drag me to hell!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
this

and this

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I have to go with some of the other posters and say a movie has never given me nightmares, although some books have. As far as creepy movies go, though, I have to cast my vote for the old series of movies called "The Puppet Master". Those ugly little freaky puppets were hard to kill!!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I love horror films & only one has ever bothered me. It's the B&W version of Night of The Living Dead. Watched it when I was a teen one Halloween while babysitting in an old farmhouse. I was completely freaked out.

I watch it every year on Halloween now, but I make the hubbie watch it with me......... haha

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The only movie that ever gave me nightmares was CandyMan...something about it was just creepy

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
My list is mostly composed of creepy late 70s movies because they had the scariest music tracks and sound effects with them. It just gets me. And Bryan De Palma knows how to make scary movies.

Carrie
The Fury
The Amityville Horror

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries
as a small lad our Mom had horror on the little B&W TV every weekend, at night, with all the lights shut off. nightmares as a child were assured every Fri & Sat night.

Ha ha! Your Mom is apparently made of all the awesome bits of life! How fun!

My parents did not give a flying nickel about what I watched or read, (as long as I could take it and not come crying!) So, ever since I learned how to change the channel, I've been watching horror flicks. I've seen most of them, it seems like, which is really disappointing.

And, interestingly enough, the only one that really stuck with me and gave me that true-scared feeling is the Exorcist. I love the extended version. Isn't that the one where she does some kind of crab-walk down the steps?

Anyway, I wish film directors would start making them like that again. All the new Hollywood movies go for the same ol' bag of tricks, and don't seem to put in the effort anymore.

Originally posted by goldentorch
It was a fairly old film Davy Crockat I think. If I remember rightly he was at least germaine to the story. There's a scene where a wagon tips over and the little drummer boy was killed. Being about 7 myself at the time I for some reason identified with the young man and for quite a while would wake up with nightmares after being frighteningly thrown from the wagon.

I seriously did not see that one coming!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaBetaGammaX

I found the Excorcist quite chilling so I went to watch it again at a German cinema when I was over there in the army. The German patrons laughed their heads of at every one of the scenes we would consider chilling!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The Road...ugh it was horrible. The nightmare not the movie, protecting my child from cannibals in a post-apocalyptic world.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This movie was disgusting and wrong. Not for the faint...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This never gave me nightmares - but I did almost run screaming into the street after watching it - Not realising my daughters BF had left the loft hatch open when he put the christmas tree up there.

andddddddddddddddddd....TA DAAAAAAA Watership down.

edit on 6-7-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

Terrifying children since the 70's.
edit on 6-7-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join