It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Name a movie that gave you nightmares after watching it..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I watch horror movies all the time, but I have never had nightmares because of one of them. The movie that gave me nightmares...Wizard of Oz. No joke. I still can not watch it and there are people in my life that actually warn me whenever it is on tv...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I've only seen one movie in my whole life that affected me deeply enough to be memorable in the way the OP describes: Requieum for a Dream. Saddest, most sordid tale ever.
edit on 7/6/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

Ah Squirm, good call. That was one that scared me pretty good lol.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
This isn't REALLY a movie in the strictest sense but do any of you remember a game called Nightmare that came with a VHS tape you popped into the machine and pressed play to start the game?

Amazon still has it here.

I was a bit older by the time this game came out but I remember I used it to scare the bejezzus out of younger cousins and my younger siblings and their friends. I used to setup the whole atmosphere too, I would get some candles and shut the lights off, turn up the volume and sit back for some laughs.

Anyone remember playing this game?

-Lightrule

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
My list.

The Exorcist (To this day I can only see this movie during the daytime)
Jaws
Salem's Lot
Christine
Halloween
The Hills Have Eyes
Texas Chainsaw Massacre

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lightrule

-Lightrule

No, but that's one game, I would not want to play.

edit on 6-7-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
The movies that give me nightmares are Child's Play,The Ring and the original Exorcist.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Really!? Its pretty fun actually.

I've even used it with the intentions of driving the honeys into my arms... hahaha!

The game runs with the 60min VHS tape and is designed to end with the tape. If you follow the instuctions exactly and play it how you are supposed to it can get pretty scary when it seems like the guy in the TV is actually watching you play the game. He yells to people that are about to toss the dice to NOT TOSS THE DICE... and they were actually about to toss the dice. Good times good times.

-Lightrule

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
The original "night of the living dead".
I was about 11 and i couldn't sleep for a month.I also couldn't see zombie movies for a very long time.
It still gives me the chills,when i think about it.Haven't watched it since.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Haha! Wolf starring Jack Nicholson...its an old movie (and I was really small) but jeez that movie did things to me.....

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
"The Exorcist" #1 - I watched it for the first time when I was a couple of years younger than the character Reagan, Linda Blair's character in the movie. My viewing unfortunately happened to coincide with me getting the flu that night, unbeknownst to me while I was watching the movie, I was getting sicker and sicker. This culminated with me throwing up all night long, and being sure that the devil was going to get me! I was terrified!

Another scary movie, that really was a rip-off of The Exorcist was called "Beyond the Door", this one too scared the crap out of me, not because I was ill whilst watching it, rather it's main character was an actress that played in a tv show a few years prior to that in which she was a magic nanny. It was called "The Nanny and the Professor" and was a show I grew up on and adored. To see her in this horror movie was too much for me!

I recently saw "Afraid of the Dark" on Netflix, and loved it. Such a strange story, very well acted, and the plot was unique. I'd recommend it! Oh, and I've been watching all the classic horrors on there too! Such fun, all the old Hammer flicks. Campy and cool.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Lightrule

yes I used to play that game, they made quite a few. I enjoyed it though, not scary. The Freddie ones are the ones that I am not comfortable watching.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Sister Act 2;

I still have whoopi face burned into my mind.

The nightmares... Will they ever end? I'm so sick of tired of waking up in a cold sweat every single night for the past 15 years.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
The Blair Witch Project, The Hitchhiker (original with Rutger Hauer) and Pet Semetary.
There are probably a few more, but those three are the top ones that came to mind.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Shindler's list scarred me real bad. I watched it alone in the dark and had horrific nightmares. A very powerful film. Not sure I'd want to see it again.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

yes i still flash back to that horror... Whoopie Golburg (shudder) with NUNS (shudders harder)..... sweet Jesus will there be no end to the Horror......... "Sister Act has" penetrated our lives and our families lives with its corny plot, bad acting, and lesbian undertones. That is truly a living nightmare.....

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
The original ....The blob. The attack of the giant leeches. Saw them in the theatre when I was too young to be watching stuff like that. Had nightmares for weeks.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
seeing i cant edit my original post forgot to add that the theme song to the Exorcist is my actual ring tone...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

im 11 going on to 12 and i saw the movie paranormal activity 2 and it scared the # out of me

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Im a big fan of horrors and love the classics such as Freddy, Jason and Halloween.

So I've never been able to understand just how Jeepers Creepers fookin sh**s me up!!

I totally had a nightmare he was tracking me down by smelling my organs :/

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join