It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Name a movie that gave you nightmares after watching it..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Not sure if im rembering the right movie, but one scene there was 2 glowing red eyes looking through the window. Freaked me out for days...Amityville Horror

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ceriddwen
The Exorcist is the only one I have ever watched that I cannot, CANNOT, tolerate. I can't look at pics of Regan after she begins to change. I cannot even LISTEN to this movie being played. Nightmares? Sheesh. Yeah.

Amen Sister!!! LOL I couldn't even watch the recent one that they made, The Exorcist the Beginning, all the way through. They used the same woman (yes believe it or not it was a woman the did that creepy voice, the director told her to smoke, drink, and throw up so it sounded as hoarse as possible), to do the voice for that one. I had to have my hubby block my eyes while I covered my ears, it freaked me out so badly. I still can't watch any of them. My brother tried to talk me into watching the 25th anniversary edition where they added all the fun cut scenes. I told him h*** no!!!

edit on 5-7-2011 by Ranthenae because: took out bad word

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ranthenae

Originally posted by Ceriddwen
The Exorcist is the only one I have ever watched that I cannot, CANNOT, tolerate. I can't look at pics of Regan after she begins to change. I cannot even LISTEN to this movie being played. Nightmares? Sheesh. Yeah.

Amen Sister!!! LOL I couldn't even watch the recent one that they made, The Exorcist the Beginning, all the way through. They used the same woman (yes believe it or not it was a woman the did that creepy voice, the director told her to smoke, drink, and throw up so it sounded as hoarse as possible), to do the voice for that one. I had to have my hubby block my eyes while I covered my ears, it freaked me out so badly. I still can't watch any of them. My brother tried to talk me into watching the 25th anniversary edition where they added all the fun cut scenes. I told him h*** no!!!

edit on 5-7-2011 by Ranthenae because: took out bad word

, I'm debating on watching that movie. I haven't yet. Not sure if I want to see a head turning.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Never really had Nightmares from a movie, but after watching Jaws when I was a kid I didnt swim in the river for 6 months..lol

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
"The Day after" scared me so bad i never finished watching it. Not to be confused with "The day after tomorrow" which while entertaining, was totally improbable.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
ALIEN the first movie
The pod with the hsnd shaped alien wrapping its tail around the neck
Later bursting out..This movie gave me the creeps !!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
My wedding video...gulp and Jaws..

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Mine would have to be Alien, i remember being a small boy sneaking out of my room and hiding behind the couch to watch it when my mum was - scared the bajeesus outta me, but i watched it to the end ha ha ha!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by StumpDrummer
Never really had Nightmares from a movie, but after watching Jaws when I was a kid I didnt swim in the river for 6 months..lol

HAHA, yeah after I watched that, I never swam in the Ocean. I tried once, but felt something slimy on my leg and screamed like a little girl. I only swim in pools.

link   
Has to be "Pet Cemetary". Im an animal lover and it just freaked me the hell out.

link   
Most of the new horror movies aren't really that scary except for the The Ring. I saw that in the theater and didn't know what to expect and boy was I in for a surprise!

When I was a kid Children of the Corn's intro freaked me out, although I don't think the movie has aged very well. Halloween still freaks me out a little, some of the shots are really well done.

But there were two movies, and they aren't even really horror movies, that freaked me out really, really bad when I was a little kid - Runaway starring a creepy as hell Gene Simmons as the bad guy and Dreamscape, a fairly obscure movie starring Dennis Quaid. Those two movies didn't give me nightmares but they might as well have!

I think some conspiracy folk on here might get a kick out of Dreamscape.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The Exorcist -- Someone already posted the trailer, but when I was around 8 or 9 a couple girls that were 14 and 15 lived down the street and babysat me regularly, they were getting together to have a girls night and it happened to be a night my parents had a function. They told my mom they had a movie and treats and some girlfriends over but they would babysit and asked if it was OK if I saw the movie. Apparently neither of my parents had seen it. But I do remember them telling my parents the name of the movie and what it was about. Needless to say they agreed and off I went to my babysitters house.

I remember sitting there freaked out after like 15 minutes. In the end I wouldn't leave the house until my parents showed up (I only lived 8 or 9 doors down from my babysitter). I didn't sleep for a few days and wanted the door open a crack, with the hall light on for like a month after.

Hind sight is always 20/20 -- I remember bits and pieces of sitting in the middle of a circle of skimpy dressed girls yet having no clue how lucky I was... HAHAHA. Oh to be a kid again.

-Lightrule

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Rosemary's Baby freaked me out...I was probably 8 or 9 when I saw it. I don't exactly remember having nightmares, but I didn't fall asleep so easily for a few weeks after.

More recently, I found The Human Centipede quite disturbing. No nightmares (I'm all grown up now lol) but I lay awake for quite awhile thinking about the movie.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Two really stick out and granted I was pretty young when watched but Nightmare on Elm Street the original, and Event Horizon. Couldn't sleep for days after watching both of those.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Trilogy of Terror (1975)
That little Zuni doll was SO freaky.
Troll (1986)
I thought it was cr@ppy that that thing would stick a needle in you and you'd turn into a gross plant pod. I never want to see that movie again!

When I was a kid, about 3, it was a big year for really weird scary movies, unfortunately I can't remember the names, but they were freaky. 'Nightmares' (that's my best guess at the name) was one, the commercial showed a little dog or skunk or something with the husband's face on it. For that time, it had a real "The Ring" feeling to it. It came out the same year as some movie about Scarecrows that also looked nightmare inducing.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

as a small lad our Mom had horror on the little B&W TV every weekend, at night, with all the lights shut off. nightmares as a child were assured every Fri & Sat night. still I begged to be allowed to stay up & watch with my older siblings.

the horror was magnificent back then. Vincent Price films, Hammer Horror flicks, Dracula, Wolf-Man, you name it. even the Ed Wood movies were great, i was just a kid, the low budget bit didn't matter. especially loved the fancy costume in castle horrors, i still wish i lived that life.

the flying monkeys & the witch in The Wizard of Oz still bother me today. what a freak show.

the first drive-in picture show that terrorized me was 'Squirm'. a scene where the 'electrified' worms went into a yokels face & arms flipped me out but good & bothered me for years.

as an Adult the horror film which gives me the sweetest dreams is Roger Corman's adaptation of Bram Stoker's Burial of the Rats. use the whole 10 word title to find it; don't know if its on DVD. OMG, Adrienne Barbou is this head mistress of a bevy of beauties that seek vengeance on men. She has power over the rats. simply awesome, not for kiddies due to sexy bits. A+

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Originally posted by DaveWx3
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Cat's Eye... That little troll guy was creepy back in the day.

I heard of Cat people but not Cats eye, I'll have to look that up.

Excellent trilogy from stories written by the Master of Madness, Stephen King
www.imdb.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Sorry to be the cheezy one, but Troll did it for me. I was pretty young when I saw it, and when I realized that a kid could be kidnapped into another dimension by scary little creatures, thats it.............

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rogoeiefar

I was trying to think of anything that really scared me that bad (it's hard to scare me with a movie because I'm a horror film buff) and was almost going to come up empty UNTIL I saw you typed "Trilogy of Terror". I saw that film (3 stories) when I was young and you're right...that horribly relentless voodoo doll was insidious. I remember she even threw it in the damned oven and it still came back. The link you provided with its picture should keep me up for a week now. Thanx alot...lol. I recall one of the stories was about a drippy tap, too. Creepy. Thanx for the memory.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by avocadoshag
Rosemary's Baby freaked me out...I was probably 8 or 9 when I saw it. I don't exactly remember having nightmares, but I didn't fall asleep so easily for a few weeks after.

Rosemary's Baby is one of my all time favorite movies. The movie is definitely freaky although I don't think I'd call it a scary film, but I didn't see it when I was kid either. One of the really cool things about the film, IMO, is it's filmed in a way that makes it fairly believable (except for maybe the surreal ending).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join