It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Name a movie that gave you nightmares after watching it..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This a thread about any movie you saw that gave you nightmares after you watched it.

Mine is CHILDREN OF THE CORN the first original one.

That is the only one that gave me nightmares, because when I drove through Indiana trying to look for my mom, I ended up getting stuck in a cornfield and I had to go through the cornfield to look for some type of board or branch to get the tire unstuck. But, the sun was going down and I was starting to panic that little children were coming after me. One reason, I never had kids.
After awhile, I finally managed to get myself out and get back to the main road. But rather than continuing on with my venture, I said the heck with, and drove to my dads house in NY. Least I knew where he lived. Let's just say I never went back or did that again.

Got to tell you, what an adrenaline rush that was. I was not about to be stuck in a cornfield in the wee late night hours. At the time, there was no such things as cell phones. Only beepers.

Okay, what's yours. Inquiring minds want to know.
edit on 5-7-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Halloween.. I watched when I was 5 and was scared for a lonngg time

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

edit on 5-7-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Cat's Eye... That little troll guy was creepy back in the day.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Movies don't give me nightmares since my brain automatically translates it as FAKE.

It's a good thing we're don't talking documentaries, some I've seen did give me bad sleep/nightmares, because they're real

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Ever since I watched the original Jurassic Park movie when I was four years old, I had recurring nightmares of being chased by velociraptors and a t-rex. I still shudder at the memory of those dreams, lol. The first two movies in the Jurassic Park franchise are far more terrifying than most of the horror movies I've seen.

Now if we were talking about video games, I'd have to say that Resident Evil 2 haunted me the most.

link   
Ichi The Killer, The Audition, Irreversible and Human, Centipede. I watched the Audition because Rob Zombie said that it scared him and I should have listened. Monsters and gore doesn't scare me people do. There are some things that once seen can not be unseen. Some things do not wash off your soul.

link   
Without a doubt it was Communion. When Christopher Walken is laying in bed and that Greys head peeks around the corner.... awe man! Crazy movie, but none the less the scene will always stick with me.

link   

Originally posted by DaveWx3
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Cat's Eye... That little troll guy was creepy back in the day.

I heard of Cat people but not Cats eye, I'll have to look that up.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I'm in my early forties and grew up on the "Halloween" and "Nightmare on Elm Street" type movies and I don't remember any of the slasher/gore movies giving me nightmares. Perhaps I've just forgotten. I don't remember getting them from "The Exorcist" or "The Omen" or "Rosemary's Baby" either, although those were more disturbing. The newer movies are the ones that get to me. I had "The Ring" keep me from falling asleep easily and "Paranormal Activity", though I wouldn't call it a great movie, did give me nightmares from the scenes with the girl standing over the bed for hours while the guy was sleeping. Curious to see what others have to say...

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar

I had "The Ring"

OMG, I was watching that movie in the pitch black dark and when she went in the cabin the phone rang, and at the same time, my phone rang, I jumped out of my seat and I was so not about to answer the phone.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The Exorcist is the only one I have ever watched that I cannot, CANNOT, tolerate. I can't look at pics of Regan after she begins to change. I cannot even LISTEN to this movie being played. Nightmares? Sheesh. Yeah.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

i have some footage of a real excorsim taken from within a church and it aint a documentary, it is some serious scary # to watch, people who only speak one language suddenly speaking in another language and being recognized by the priest and has a stare in the form of (wtf) , yeah its real, make no mistake about it.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Not a horror movie, but, "Arlington Road" truly gives me nightmares. I shudder to think of actual incidents that have been manufactured the way the incidents in the movie played out.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
TREMORS did it for me, damn those creepy ass worms. that or grimlins, damn those creepy ass goblins

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Split Second..............................
night terrors, like full on serious ones. I'm pretty sure it's the only time a movie has done that to me.
SPLIT SECOND 1992

edit on 5-7-2011 by DayKnightmare because: added trailer

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

When I was a kid it was "Silent Night... Deadly Night". Think Friday the 13th except at Christmas time. Some serial killer dressed as Santa went around and killed everyone.

As an adult it has to be "An inconvenient truth". I had nightmares for weeks after seeing that because I was terrified at the vast amount of people that actually believe that BS.

link   
The movie that scared me the most was Phantasm, I was probably 12

The tall man, the midget creatures and the flying sphere's.......

link   
the only movie that gave me nightmares was nightmare on elm street1 as a kid XD

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I was 8 years old and I was allowed to stay up late on a Friday night...(that was a big deal...lol) anyway...I was looking around on all the TV channels and found an old movie channel....they were showing King Kong with Fay Wray...I watched the movie....and I really liked it...but became scared at the same time. For around 5 years after seeing that movie....I had nightmares about King Kong...he was going to come to the city I lived in....and destroy it.
edit on 5-7-2011 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join