It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A "mind reading" trick my cousin showed me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This is something that happened several years ago but it still bothers me that I haven't found anyone else who has heard of this.

I was riding in the back of a van with my brother and two cousins (who were siblings). The older cousin brought up how his sister was creepy for being able to "read his mind". I was skeptical so I told her to test her method out on me (I can already hear the perverted jokes coming from this). She told me to think of a number between one and ten while lightly pinching my fingertip with her nails. She looked closely as if she was literally reading the number I had in mind... she accurately guessed it. I don't remember how many times this happened but I do remember being impressed because she was right every single time. She even tested this on my brother and cousin several times each and they were both shocked.

I reciprocated things and asked the younger cousin to likewise think of a number while I "read" her fingertip. After pinching her skin to the point where it turned white, I could literally see the a very small but comprehensible numerical digit light up. I told her what I saw and she agreed that's what she was thinking of at the time. I tried it probably six other times and I was correct for all but a couple attempts. I really trust that she wouldn't be messing with me like my brother might have done. She just doesn't see the fun in that.

Anyway, I'm just curious to see if any of you have heard of this before and if any of you are willing to test it out and report back in this thread

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BirdOfillOmen

I remember that from middle school. A friend of mine woul do the same thing. He would tell me to think of a number between 1 and 10 and would rub my fingertip with this thumbs as if he was spreadying it apart. He would say he could see the number in the color splotches. Wouldnt work 100% of the time when everyone would try it, but I would say it worked the majority of the time

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by deanGI5

Glad somebody else has experienced this. Its hard for people to believe for whatever reason but it really does work. Its weird.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I don't have anybody at the house at the moment, so I tried this with my cat. All I saw was "Feed me!"

What do you know? He was hungry.

But I will try it with my girlfriend tomorrow. I'm curious.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

haha Nice. Try to post the results in this thread if you can. I'm gonna' try this on some friends tomorrow and see if I remember how to do it right then I'll let you guys know how it went.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Let us know if it's nails on skin (Maybe like a conductor?). I just trimmed mine.

Or if it's skin on skin. And should the pressure be painful, or just firm pressure?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Will do. I'm determined to figure this out. I'm still impressed that it actually worked that time. If the human body recognizes the standard base-10 numerical system, I wonder if it speaks in English or Español.
edit on 7/5/2011 by BirdOfillOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

If that avatar is you, looks like Hinkley State park in the background. Love that place!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Nah, its just a small patch of woods up the road from my house in northern Ohio called "God's Hollow". It used to be called "Devil's Hollow" until some Boy Scouts came along and made a sign declaring "God's Hollow: owned and maintained by God" or something, lol. Just some place my friends and I go shooting rifles and will hopefully camp at soon.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Have fun man. Just down the road from ya in Ca..CU...Coya..FRACK! Cuyahoga county

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Ah, cool. I'm in Wayne County XD

I better get back on topic before this thread gets deleted, lol. I'm still waiting for other people to chime in on this little trick and let me know if you want to try it.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Sorry about the side track.

Just need to know the pressures. Though I will do some experimenting myself, until I get slapped anyways.

I'm scientific by nature, but intrigued by what some would call paranormal. I think we are capable of so much more if we put our minds to it.

If the numbers work, I'll move on from there. Though I like this girl, so something tells me I shouldn't dig to deep. Might scare her off, ya know?

I’ll come back tomorrow night and let ya know. Good luck.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I wasn't bothered at all by the little tangent. I could just see a mod coming in and warning me, haha. But thanks for participating in this.

As far as the technique goes according to my memory, just lightly but firmly pinch with your nails right under the other person's nailbed so that it all goes white under pressure. The number will be probably smaller than you're thinking but it will be very visible. Look at the very tip, not at the underside of the finger.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I tried to bring it up, but she wouldn’t do it. She’s very set in her ways and doesn’t even think twice about paranormal, conspiracy theories, etc.

But that’s one of the reason I like her as we have diverging points of view.

top topics

join