It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vibration Frequency - Ladder Metaphor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I've been learning a lot about the nature of sound lately, and I thought I'd share some of my thoughts.

Music is sound, sound is vibration, and we're over 75% water which is the perfect conductor for vibration. So it's no wonder that music is so important to us. But why are we so diverse in our tastes?

I had a thought to compare the spectrum of vibration to a ladder, and each rung is a specific frequency. So let's say that a high vibration is the 10th rung and a low vibration is the 1st. This is just a generic example. Depending on how healthy our vibration decides how high or low we are on the ladder.

Now as for music... let's use Nine Inch Nails as an example. Much of Trent Reznor's music is of a low vibration - that is, angry and negative lyrics coupled with aggressive music. So let's put his music on, say, the 3rd rung of the ladder.

Now someone who is of a high vibration, let's say the 8th rung, would probably find Nine Inch Nails' music to be very unpleasant. As a result, they might make a judgement call that the music is bad or even evil. Or they might continue to listen to it and lower their frequency. Our rate of vibration is dynamic after all, just like every other aspect of our bodies. It would be the dietary equivalent of going from being a vegan to dining on McDonald's cheeseburgers.

Does that mean the music of Nine Inch Nails is bad? No, and here's why:

Let's look at someone who's vibration is par to the 2nd rung on the ladder. Let's say that they are in a state of depression because they are stuck in a negative mindset. Listening to Nine Inch Nails would actually HELP them climb up the ladder and increase their vibration frequency. They would probably be able to relate to the lyrics and the abrasiveness of the music itself, which would give them comfort... perhaps even happiness.

I know that life is much more complex than this; like I said, it's just a generic example. But hopefully it got my theory across. I've always felt that everything has its purpose, and I guess this little essay brings me one step closer to understanding HOW some things have a purpose; namely music (although I suspect that the same metaphor could be used for a lot of different things).

Thanks for reading.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Well I love NIN and I like it even when I'm happy...although I do understand where your going to but the frequencies in music are not tied to the type of music. Actually, I could say that classical music has the less top highs then almost any style.

NIN uses most of the range we can hear. Lower then 10 hertz, speakers of headsets don't go there, well almost all of em. Some low hertz have been said to be evil...

And! There comes the frequencies...

Everything that "lives" in a lower frequency have lower hertz then what we know has 1 and maybe the others that live in higher frequencies have higher then what we know.

I also think sound, vibration, hertz are the only thing in the first dimension, but that's another story ^^

Oh and btw, if you like Nine Inch Nails, check out my music in my signature. NIN is a big influence and people that like NIN seem to like me too hehe

edit on 5-7-2011 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by User8911
Well I love NIN and I like it even when I'm happy...although I do understand where your going to but the frequencies in music are not tied to the type of music.

No, you're right; that's why I was careful to say "much of" his music. In my opinion, he actually covers a wide range of moods. Although someone who listens only to commercial pop might not agree with me there. I ran into that all the time in high school. Someone would say "this music is so depressing", and I would respond that I thought it was beautiful. That's really what my post was all about. The exact same music can have almost opposite effects on different people.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by User8911
NIN uses most of the range we can hear. Lower then 10 hertz, speakers of headsets don't go there, well almost all of em. Some low hertz have been said to be evil...

And! There comes the frequencies...

Everything that "lives" in a lower frequency have lower hertz then what we know has 1 and maybe the others that live in higher frequencies have higher then what we know.

I also think sound, vibration, hertz are the only thing in the first dimension, but that's another story ^^

That's an interesting point. I'm not sure if this is where you were going, but I wonder if higher vibrations than we are capable of comprehending are higher dimensions? The same with lower vibrations & dimensions?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by thepixelgarden

The Sum Of All Things Zero...

To sum it up our music has been mixed and mastered to fit a bracket of frequencies ranging from 20 to 20. (20hz - 20,000hz). What you perhaps mean is the key, tuning, and tempo of a particular song. Rhythm plays an important role too.

Below 20hz our brains are induced into certain states similar to the aesthetics of color. I'll leave it up to you to do some further research.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

You know, maybe I am getting mixed up. I started reading about Bruce Tainio's BT3 Frequency Monitoring System and how he used it to discover that diseases can be prevented in bodies that vibrate at higher frequencies. From there I researched a bunch of sites that talk about ways to raise your vibration. Music was always a factor, which made sense because of the whole "are bodies are mostly water" thing.

So I'm talking about the positive or negative effect that music can have on you in relation to Bruce Tainio's research. Maybe the music's "frequency" isn't the right terminology?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
OP thank you for this post

Vibration Frequency...food for thought...

Could that be "Jacob's Ladder"?

Go outside the box.

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepixelgarden
That's an interesting point. I'm not sure if this is where you were going, but I wonder if higher vibrations than we are capable of comprehending are higher dimensions? The same with lower vibrations & dimensions?

Exactly

I believe in a universe that is infinite in size, dimensions and vibrations.
It can always go up, it can always go down.

In this dimension, I would guess we are only affected by things in our dimension, which means matter that vibrates in the same frequency range and that is in the same size range.

For everything that is smaller and that vibrates faster, time goes faster.
And for things bigger it's the other way around.

So we can't really connect, such a shame...maybe one day we will

I have no idea if what I say has scientific proof or not, it's just what I feel is true.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepixelgarden

You know, maybe I am getting mixed up. I started reading about Bruce Tainio's BT3 Frequency Monitoring System and how he used it to discover that diseases can be prevented in bodies that vibrate at higher frequencies. From there I researched a bunch of sites that talk about ways to raise your vibration. Music was always a factor, which made sense because of the whole "are bodies are mostly water" thing.

So I'm talking about the positive or negative effect that music can have on you in relation to Bruce Tainio's research. Maybe the music's "frequency" isn't the right terminology?

I've seen articles like this in the past:

www.rexresearch.com...

DNA programming The most astonishing experiment that was performed by Garjajev’s group is the reprogramming of the DNA codon sequences using modulated laser light. From their discovered grammatical syntax of the DNA language they were able to modulate coherent laser light and even radio waves and add semantics (meaning) to the carrier wave. In this way they were able to reprogram in vivo DNA in living organisms, by using the correct resonant frequencies of DNA. The most impressive discovery made so far is that spoken language can be modulated to the carrier wave with the same reprogramming effect. Now this is a baffling and stunning scientific discovery! Our own DNA can simply be reprogrammed by human speech, supposing that the words are modulated on the correct carrier frequencies!

When referring to music I'd use the terms key or tonality.

Tonality is the character of music written with hierarchical relationships of pitches, rhythms, and chords to a "center" or tonic. Tonic is sometimes used interchangeably with key.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Tonality yes that makes sense. Thank you!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by thepixelgarden

someone less lazy than me post some stuff on how Tibetan monks use sound to levitate boulders, and how chakras respond to sounds, and also how different frequencies make those amazing patterns using iron filings or rice. (people will reward you with lots of stars (that you can hang on your ceiling
)

Umm hey OP, where do you think Queen, Enya, and Abba rate in your personal opinion?
Oh, and Def Leppard?

top topics

join