It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cycles within cycles

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Rather than sidetrack another thread, I decided to start a new thread about how many cycles are coming towards zero point. This has no connection to web bots or Timewave Zero threads. I will quote many paragraphs out of my own book (not yet published) about how these cycles have an impending effect upon all things. Please feel free to research. And as with any thread, there will be doubters and link junkies. Nonetheless I will publish what I feel is pertinent. There are many quotes as this is from my book and research covers many many links. Enjoy the read

The Mayans had several calendars, the Haa'b, the Tzolkin, and the 'Long Count'. The Tzolkin (Sacred Round) calendar was the traditional 260 day year (13 months of 20 days) and was based on the 26,000 year cycle of the Plieades, whereas the Haab calendar is the traditional 365 day year. The Haab and Tzolkin calendars were based on the 52 year Haab cycle, these cycles were combined into the Long Count calendar. The Long Count series of twenty years has called each uinals, tun, katun and baktuns. Each Uinal (month) is 20 kin, a tun uinals 18 (months), 360 kin and close to 365 days in a year, in line five days Uayeb. After this exception, returned to vigesimal system, again using the factor 20, then a Katun was 7200 days, twenty tuns. The next step was a twenty Baktun katuns formed for a total of 144,000 Kines. 400 tuns. In short: the Mayan calendar does mark the most recent age of the 5th and final cycle from August 13, 3113 (or 3114 BC) to December 21, 2012, the day begins a new cycle. Recent controversies point to an earth ending, while many on the end, believe it will not. Some Mayans have predicted that these will be changing times. The earth will change, which will deeply effect the inhabitants on it. Will it be the end of earth? Will it be the end of mankind? Well, the earth has been through these grand cycle many times before, but the dynamic factor is how life has survived during these transitions.

So basically, 2112 is the end of a 26,000 year cycle.

The precessions of the Grand Zodiac Cycle endure for 25,920 years, or at a rate of 1 degree every 72 years. The complete cycle is 360 degrees so 360 x 72 = 25,920 years. Each zodiac cycle has 30 degrees, meaning that each cycle of an individual zodiac is 2,160 years. As far as research can tell, these dates are not 100% synchronized due to factors like magnetic anomalies, galactic wobble, drift of the galaxy while we evolve around in it, and so on, so averages of 2000 years are loosely used giving an exact date of 160 years either side of the next zodiacal cycle. But astrologically we can visually confirm our precessions. In trying to calculate the beginning of this Grand Cycle, the date of Leo could go back as far as 11,000 BC. At this time we are at the halfway point of the complete cycle, which is also a transitional point in the Zodiac cycle. The 1 degree timeframe has been noted between 65-72 years per degree (the average human life span).

And

Milankovitch was a Serbian civil engineer and mathematician who worked on his concept during WW1, but his theories were not really examined more closely until the 1970s. His observations were indicators of the phases of the earths' climatic cycles along with solar cycles.
The precession of the earth rotational axis - 26,000 years, and is confirmed by other studies to be between 22,000 and 26,000 years.
Obliquity (tilting) of earths rotational axis - 41,000 years (pitch wobble of earth axis between 21.5 - 24.5 degrees). We're at about 23.45 degrees now, and will will arrive back at the minimum in another 10,000 years. At that time Vega will again be the 'north star', as we use Polaris as our 'north star' now.
Eccentricity (distortion) of earths elliptical orbit - 100,000 years (round > elliptic > round). Another source says this cycle is 413,000 year cycle. This cycle is basically the transition from an egg shaped orbit around the sun to a circular orbit around the sun.

Explains the different rotation, wobble and elliptic orbits of our planet.

About every 63 million years we pass through one of the outstretched bands in our galaxy. The last time we passed through one of these arms was about 65 million years ago. This cycle is a lesser cycle of the time it takes our solar system to make a complete revolution around our galaxy. The entire process takes approximately 250,000,000 years. The exact numbers are not accurate as we do not yet understand the time cycles of the drift into and out of the swirling arms of our galaxy. It is generally accepted to be about 250,000,000 years as it fits into the approximate 63,000,000 year ELE cycle. Every once in a while we get lucky, but the patterns of Extinction Level Events meshes with the Permian, Triassic, Denovian, and other ELEs. So when the 60 million year cycle is referenced it is more of a specialized guess between 60 - 65 million years.
Is it possible that biological diversity has up and down cycles to the tune of 26,000,000 years? 24,000 BC is the Theoretical beginning of 'The Grand Cycle', which places us at zero point on this cycle.

A section of the Markandeya in the Mahabharata identifies some of the attributes of Kali Yuga:

In relation to rulers
- Rulers will become unreasonable: they will levy taxes unfairly.
- Rulers will no longer see it as their duty to promote spirituality, or to protect their subjects: they will become a danger to the world.
- People will start migrating, seeking countries where wheat and barley form the staple food source.

In human relationships
- Avarice and wrath will be common. Humans will openly display animosity towards each other.
- Ignorance of dharma will occur.
- People will have thoughts of murder with no justification and will see nothing wrong in that.
- Lust will be viewed as socially acceptable and sexual intercourse will be seen as the central requirement of life.
- Sin will increase exponentially, whilst virtue will fade and cease to flourish. People will take vows and break them soon after. People will become addicted to intoxicating drinks and drugs.
- Men will find their jobs stressful and will go to retreats to escape their work.
- Gurus will no longer be respected and their students will attempt to injure them. Their teachings will be insulted, and followers of Kama will wrest control of the mind from all human beings. Brahmins will not be learned or honored, Kshatriyas will not be brave, Vaishyas will not be just in their dealings and Shudras will not be honest and humble in their duties and to the other castes.

The Mahaburhata is quite a few thousand years old.

According to Nature Magazine and New Scientist magazines, there was a magnetic reversal around 11,000 BC (13,000 years ago). In lieu of this information it definitively ties a series of global events into one short period of time, especially combines with 'sudden and mysterious' melting of ice sheets. The reversal timeline ties into the Tiahuanaco and Gobekli Tepe abandonment, species die-offs, the end of agricultural events in Egypt and flooding of the Nile Valley, volcanic events, etc. And according to J.M. Harwood and S.C.R. Malin in a Nature Magazine article in 1976, another magnetic reversal is due around 2030 AD, which lands directly within another suspected cycle of the rise to paradise, and fall of civilization in 12,500 year cycles. This information basically synchronizes with other cyclical indicators as well.

And..

The 12,000 year Solar magnetic reversal is another theory from Paul LaViollete which indicates the evidence that the sun goes through a geomagnetic makeover, resulting in a magnetic polar flip every 11,500 - 12,000 years. This solar giant, undergoing a magnetic flip sends out polarized magnetic flux strong enough to influence the magnetic stability of earth, and actively influence our own geomagnetic stability. So, theoretically, when the sun goes through a much stronger magnetic shift, the North-South alignment is reversed, have magnetic pull upon our own North-South alignment, thus affecting a magnetic flip.

Yellowstone eruptions in 2,000,000, 1,300,000, and 600,000 BC showing a potential cycle of 600,000 - 650,000 years. Yellowstone eruptions are often referred to as 'planet killers' due to the amount of ejecta and ash. Over these many million of years, yellowstone has had many minor eruptions also. Last one was over 600,000 years ago.

There is also the 100,000,000 year blue star cycle. This may be the blue Katchina the Hopi spoke of. Since very little information is known about this phenomena, we are left to speculate about an outer influence matching that prophesied orbital cycle.

3,600 Nibiru cycle is a popular conception and is closely tied with the 2012'ers. But as it is, we won't know for another 1400 years. In correlation with Sitchin's evidence, the last crossing orbit was in 200BC, 3800 BC before that, 7,500 BC before that, and 11,000 BC before that.

An ice core from the Antarctic's Vostok Glacier -- at the other end of the world from Greenland -- showed the same 1,500-year cycle through its 400,000-year length.
The ice-core findings correlated with known glacier advances and retreats in northern Europe.
Independent data in a seabed sediment core from the Atlantic Ocean west of Ireland, reported in 1997, showed nine of the 1,500-year cycles in the last 12,000 years.

And in reference to the Galactic Superwave theory

The phenomenon is described as being an explosion of our galactic center (Milky Way) approximately every 13,000 years. This explosion sends out waves of high powered electromagnetic pulses, which is a more powerful version of a solar CME (coronal mass ejection) and they not only pack a strong punch, but carry with it, debris picked up as it travels through vast dust clouds and debris fields (like the asteroid belt). It has been known to either create or end ice ages (depending on which one we are in). They also have the power to destroy ozone layers, and since ours collapsed in 2008 and is now rebuilding, it is in a rather weak state. And it is suggested that the last superwave also delivered a dangerous dose of UV radiation of near lethal amounts. The scenarios involved in this wave range from planetary sterilization to fried satellites. And there is no way of knowing how severs, or even when the next wave will blast out from our galactic core. A single wave could also be enough to pummel our solar system (and others in our galaxy) with dust and debris with the potential of having huge effects upon our sun and our own magnetic poles. We may have already seen the possible effects of one of these events when referencing the 11,000 BC timeframe of our own history.

I'm only about half way through the chapter, but I'll stop here on this one, and post another one after this.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I mentioned earlier that according to John Major Jenkins the Long Count of the Mayan calendar was devised with the end date of Winter Solstice 2012 in mind. Calleman and Lungold disagree. Based on interpretations of the stele in Coba they have come to the conclusion that the current Long Count is simply one of a series of nine creation cycles going all the way back to the Big Bang 16.4 billion years ago.
Each of these nine creation cycles, or “underworlds”, as the Mayans called them, are composed of thirteen “heavens”, the seven days and six nights of that particular creation cycle. Each successive creation cycle is 20 times shorter than the previous cycle, and is nested within the last day of the previous cycle. As we approach the end of any one of these nine creation cycles, we are simultaneously approaching the end of all the previous and successive cycles as well. The Long Count, also known as the National Underworld, was the sixth of these creation cycles.
There are three other creation cycles since the beginning of the Long Count that are important for us to consider. The Planetary Underworld began in 1755 AD, with each heaven corresponding to approximately 20 solar years. The Galactic Underworld began January 5, 1999, with each heaven now corresponding to 360 days. And the Universal Underworld will begin February 10, 2011, with heavens of 18 days each. All of these nine creation cycles end together on October 28, 2011, following which we move out of linear reckoning of time altogether, and into universal consciousness.
In following up about some of the information from the Coba stelae, there were 32 stones found, some of which are now in museums. According to interpretations from Abelardo Chimal May considers the calendar ending as a being a big change in the world, but not the end of it.

So in a nutshell, we have a ton of cycles. And from what I can see, there are many that synchronize with past events. Whether they are causative of, or a product of zero point events is still to be determined. I'm sure there will be further debate as to accuracies and even the existence of some of these cycles, but I will help as much as I can

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
And just FYI, I'm not looking to push my book, nor do I plan on mass producing it. I only want to archive my research into 1 volume for my own use (a 440 pg pocket reference, so to speak). So, no, I'm not looking for money at all. That's why there was no mention of the title or its other contents.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Also covered in other threads, it is a scientific fact that our sun goes through a variation of solar cycles. The more common is the solar minimum/maximum cycles. Each takes approx 11 years, giving a total of about every 22 years going from solar maximum to minimujm, and back into maximum. Around 2000'ish was our last solar maximum with a projection of peak solar minimum in 2008. Here we are 3 years beyond that and we are still in solar minimum. Many suspect we are in the throes of a Maunder Minimum, which would propagate a global cooling similar to the little ice age of the late 1600's. But as far as glacial/interglacial patterns, we have this cycle to go by.

In other popular theories is that about every 100,000 years there is an interglacial warming event (a 90,000 year glacial followed by 10,000 years of interglacial). 16,000 BC was last glacial maximum and between 11,000 - 10,500 BC was the last glacial minimum, leading up to this time (glaciers had retreated by 8,000 BC).

And on a similar note:

Here's a quick reference to known magnetic reversals:

Time in B.C & Label

10,000 Gothenburg
21,000 Mono Lake
31,500 Lake Mungo
45,000 Laschamp
98,000 Blake
200,000 Biwa I
300,000 Biwa II
400,000 Emperor
500,000 Big Lost
600,000 Delta
700,000 Brunhess/Matayama
800,000 Kamikatsura
900,000 Jaramillo
1,000,000 Cobb Mountain

Notice the time accelerated events after 98,000 bc? For 900,000 years, the reversals were like clockwork, but then the timeline halved to 45k, then on to ~11,000 year cycles after that.
Here is a table of glacial/interglacial timelines:

Years Ago Glacial Interglacial

12k-Present - interglacial
12k-100k - glacial
110k-130k - interglacial
130k-200k - glacial
200k-300/308k - interglacial
300/308k-455k - glacial
455k-620k - interglacial
620k-680k - glacial
600k-800k - interglacial
800k-1,300k - glacial
1,300k-1,555k - interglacial

And

Some of the islands in the Arctic Ocean were never covered by ice during the last ice age. On Baffin Island, alder and birch remains are a hint at a warmer climate in 28,000 BC and remained active until about 15,000 BC.
Between 13,000 - 11,000 BC large numbers of warm blooded mammal species were instantly frozen in a zone from the Yukon into northern Siberia. This indicates a very curious anomaly as it was described that they were Instantly Frozen. Anyone who watched the movie Day After Tomorrow can appreciated the ferocity of that cataclysm.

edit on 5-7-2011 by OuttaTime because: edit for format

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Thank you for taking the time to post all of this information. I'm surprised there hasn't been more comments. Most of this information I had already picked up but it is neat how alot of it lines up, it is also interesting to me the debate on when these occurrences happened since we are learning carbon dating can change due to output of the sun and our ancestors didn't have a good way to preserve data. The only thing we have left is that put in stone, leading the general population to think they were more primitive than they actually were.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wiandiii

Thanks
As far as I've heard, there were a ton of ancient texts, scrolls, clay tablets, and other academia thousands of years ago, but the Crusades destroyed much of it. Much of what they knew back then is a mystery now. All that lost knowledge.....

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It has been suggested that there was once a peaceful world-wide culture. If this is true then all of these cycles may well be various derivations or competing beliefs relating to a greater 'forgotten science'. I think it's fair to say that most people strive for some form of order and that's what the authorities give - or at least try, or pretend to try and give. It's possible that these various cycles are the best attempts by the greatest minds of all the surviving splintered cultures. Maybe the absolute truth has yet to be discovered; maybe it's about to be discovered.

Whatever the truth is, I'm of the belief that something huge is about to happen.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robert Reynolds
It has been suggested that there was once a peaceful world-wide culture. If this is true then all of these cycles may well be various derivations or competing beliefs relating to a greater 'forgotten science'. I think it's fair to say that most people strive for some form of order and that's what the authorities give - or at least try, or pretend to try and give. It's possible that these various cycles are the best attempts by the greatest minds of all the surviving splintered cultures. Maybe the absolute truth has yet to be discovered; maybe it's about to be discovered.

Whatever the truth is, I'm of the belief that something huge is about to happen.

I'm sure there were defined cultures well before our MSM records such as Tiahuanaco, Puma Punku, Catal Huyuk, Gobekli Tepe, older settlements in Jherico, Baalbek. Many of them civilizations have no recorded history, so we have no idea how/when they met their end. Today's rulers are all abour Imperialism, control, and wealth. Like they say, 'he who dies with the most toys wins'.
It's possible that disclosures and ancient truths will come to pass, but will there be the wisdom to carry it on?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wiandiii

We have also run into difficulties getting accurate carbon dating on many places/objects due to unknown nuclear activity. Radiation greatly alters the isotopes of organic matter (dead or alive) and throws a wrench into the carbonization dating process. So something that is actually 50,000 years old, after being dosed with radiation, would show up as being 25,000 years old, or some variant thereof. In retrospect, some C14 dates that we can honestly confirm, may in fact be twice as old as we think.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
So do you think any of these cycles are relevant to our current time?

If so in what ways?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Cecilofs

Well, it's hard to say with any certain accuracy, but it does appear that some of these cycles are nearing the restart point. If LaVoillette is correct, the center of our galaxy bursts about every 13,000 years. Another theory is the 12,000 year solar event, where it is suspected that some major event (more than likely a magnetic reversal) occurs. We are also coming up on the end of the 26,000 year mayan Long Count (also known as our Zodiacal Cycle of 12 x 2160 year mini cycles). In these events the last Galactic Superwave and Solar Events were atleast 13,000 years ago. NASA has also indicated that the next solar maximum will be more active than usual, but at the moment we are still experiencing an extended solar minimum. And as noted in my OP, a 600,000 year pattern at Yellowstone has emerged, and the last major event was 600,000 years ago. And also, at our present time, the CO2 levels are at their saturation point which may precipitate a moderate planetary cooling event. Also, it is known that our planet usually has a 10,000 year period of warmth called the interglacial. Right now, we are about 12,000 years into this interglacial period, on it's way into another glaciation (just like clockwork).
We may have accelerated this event with the ruptures of so many oil wells along with the eruptions of some noticeable volcanos. As far as the 63M year event, the last one was 65M years ago as our solar system passed through the Saggitarius arm of our spiral galaxy (our galaxy has 5 spirals). As we rotate clockwise through the galxy, we are approaching the Perseus arm. These arms are more dense with debris, enhancing our chance of running into something.
In another thread I was reading through a link about a Boeing whistleblower about a vast and powerful magnetic anomaly that was found at the fringes of our solar system, with the capability of temporarily shutting down the sun. That link is Here . It 97 pages, but an interesting read.

Hope this helps clear things up a little.

On a side note, we are also over our heads on manmade disasters. The largest being the global debt bubble. On our planet there is only tens of trillions of actual currency and an equal amount in tangible assets. But currently the global debt and credit derivatives are in the Quadrillions. The bankers credit/debt cycle is highly unmanageable. Debts cannot be paid, and a certain default is inevitable.The national infrastructure in the US got a grade of [bold] D [/bold] a couple years ago with no intentions of restoration or allocation of funds. Today, much of our grain is being converted to bio-fuel while our food is being synthesized. We are hitting a saturation point on so many different levels that at times it is just unfathomable.
edit on 7-7-2011 by OuttaTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

December 21, 2012, the day begins a new cycle.

Here you claim that the long count calendar is cyclic. That is not correct. People that study the Mayans know that the long count is a linear, unending calendar.

Also, I believe you are making the new Age mistake of mixing the Aztecs and the Mayans. This is a common mistake due to poorly researched or deliberate fallacies pushed by others. The Mayans have one continuous creation, not several.

So basically, 2112 is the end of a 26,000 year cycle.

That is a New Age myth. The Mayans were not apparently aware of the precession of the equinoxes which is the approximately 26,000 year cycle. They recognized the errors in earlier observations, but did not indicate that they understood the cause or the duration of the systematic error.
www.instituteofmayastudies.org...

Each zodiac cycle has 30 degrees, meaning that each cycle of an individual zodiac is 2,160 years. As far as research can tell, these dates are not 100% synchronized due to factors like magnetic anomalies, galactic wobble, drift of the galaxy while we evolve around in it, and so on, so averages of 2000 years are loosely used giving an exact date of 160 years either side of the next zodiacal cycle. But astrologically we can visually confirm our precessions. In trying to calculate the beginning of this Grand Cycle, the date of Leo could go back as far as 11,000 BC. At this time we are at the halfway point of the complete cycle, which is also a transitional point in the Zodiac cycle. The 1 degree timeframe has been noted between 65-72 years per degree (the average human life span).

Remember that the zodiac is an Old World concept, not a Mayan idea. Differences in the length of the precession is not due to magnetic anomalies or galactic wobble, or the "drift of the galaxy." The time it takes to pass through 1 degree is 72 years. That has been known for a long time. It does not change to 65 years.

It is generally accepted to be about 250,000,000 years as it fits into the approximate 63,000,000 year ELE cycle.

I do not believe that there is a cycle to extinction events. That was tested a number of times and different people cam up with different values for the cycle. None of the cycles have turned out to be workable. It is my understanding that the idea that there is a cycle to extinctions on Earth is no longer considered plausible.

According to Nature Magazine and New Scientist magazines, there was a magnetic reversal around 11,000 BC (13,000 years ago). In lieu of this information it definitively ties a series of global events into one short period of time, especially combines with 'sudden and mysterious' melting of ice sheets. The reversal timeline ties into the Tiahuanaco and Gobekli Tepe abandonment, species die-offs, the end of agricultural events in Egypt and flooding of the Nile Valley, volcanic events, etc.

Magnetic reversals have been tested against extinctions which here you call species die offs. There is no correlation. Volcanic activity does not change. Flooding does not change. There simply is no tie in as you suggest.

www.nature.com...
You make reference to the preceding article and claim it has a prediction. Is this model still correct? I doubt that the model has not been greatly changed as more information has been collected over the last 35 years.

The sun goes through a magnetic reversal process every 11 years on average. Not sure what you mean by the 11,500 to 12,000 year cycle. The magnetic field of the Earth is due to convection currents in the outer core and is not influenced by the 11 year solar cycle.

Yellowstone is one of 3 known supervolcanoes. There is nothing to suggest that it sticks to a regular cycle. There may be a mean time between major events, but that is all. The mean is not the norm. In other words, there is a great deal of variation in the time between events.

There is also the 100,000,000 year blue star cycle.

So what is this vague reference all about?

Then you mention the fictional planet Nibiru made up by Sitchin. No such planet can exist and not have been detected by modern instruments. It's just a fake planet made up by someone that was unable to read Sumerian so he made up tall tales.

This post amounts to little more than piling on lots of bad data, which is typical of 2012 claims.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

Lungold and Calleman provide erroneous interpretations of a small amount of Mayan writing. Their claims are not based on fact, but rather on fiction. These claims of 9 and 13 are based on discredited early accounts in which colonialist attitudes were superimposed on Mayan beliefs. As I mentioned earlier the Mayan had a single creation. The claim of multiple creations is Aztec. The claims of a time periods 1/20 the length of the previous period are rather meaningless. None of the other time periods correspond to anything relevant in the history of the Earth or man.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Notice the time accelerated events after 98,000 bc? For 900,000 years, the reversals were like clockwork, but then the timeline halved to 45k, then on to ~11,000 year cycles after that.

You are mixing reversals with what are known as excursions. These are magnetic events that did not result in reversals. The last reversals occurred 780,000 years ago.

Some of the islands in the Arctic Ocean were never covered by ice during the last ice age. On Baffin Island, alder and birch remains are a hint at a warmer climate in 28,000 BC and remained active until about 15,000 BC.
Between 13,000 - 11,000 BC large numbers of warm blooded mammal species were instantly frozen in a zone from the Yukon into northern Siberia. This indicates a very curious anomaly as it was described that they were Instantly Frozen. Anyone who watched the movie Day After Tomorrow can appreciated the ferocity of that cataclysm.

What is your evidence that the above is true? I suspect that some of this material came from less than honest sources.

For example, the claim of large number of animals instantly frozen is hooey. There are no instantly frozen remains. There are a few frozen animals that drowned in mud, but no instantly frozen animals.

I should out that I thought the movie the Day After Tomorrow was as silly a movie as could be made.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

s far as I've heard, there were a ton of ancient texts, scrolls, clay tablets, and other academia thousands of years ago, but the Crusades destroyed much of it. Much of what they knew back then is a mystery now. All that lost knowledge.....

This claim of lost knowledge is what?
How to make fine stone tools?
How to build large structures without a pulley?
How to hand carve stones without metal implements?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

We have also run into difficulties getting accurate carbon dating on many places/objects due to unknown nuclear activity. Radiation greatly alters the isotopes of organic matter (dead or alive) and throws a wrench into the carbonization dating process. So something that is actually 50,000 years old, after being dosed with radiation, would show up as being 25,000 years old, or some variant thereof. In retrospect, some C14 dates that we can honestly confirm, may in fact be twice as old as we think.

That would be a detectable change. Besides C14 is limited in how far it can go back. You might want to research the limits of C14 dating and add that to your book. There are many excellent scientific texts describing the limitations of dating methods. You might want to check them out.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

That would be a detectable change. Besides C14 is limited in how far it can go back. You might want to research the limits of C14 dating and add that to your book. There are many excellent scientific texts describing the limitations of dating methods. You might want to check them out.

I thought carbon dating has become inaccurate because of the change in the neutrino output of the sun?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

I thought carbon dating has become inaccurate because of the change in the neutrino output of the sun?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Real archaeologists do not see a connection between the long count calendar and precession. That tale is some fringe author claim and not backed up by what the real Mayan scholars understand about the Mayan culture.

Also, it is known that our planet usually has a 10,000 year period of warmth called the interglacial. Right now, we are about 12,000 years into this interglacial period, on it's way into another glaciation (just like clockwork).

Can you provide any evidence that a new glacial period is starting?

In another thread I was reading through a link about a Boeing whistleblower about a vast and powerful magnetic anomaly that was found at the fringes of our solar system, with the capability of temporarily shutting down the sun.

Another hoax. We know very little about magnetic effects outside of a few areas where we have sent probes. In general, the universe is as it is due to gravity. The Sun is powered by fusion and that is not due to EM. The nuclear forces weak and strong control nuclear processes.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

If this issue is real, remember that it is being studied more today, it causes a small increase in the error of the dating. That error is quite small and has little effect on the overall date.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join