It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlie Sheen Roast....Gonna be Epic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Charlie Sheen Roast....Gonna be Epic

latimesblogs.latimes.com

The controversial former star of "Two and a Half Men" will be the next target -- er, honoree -- of a Comedy Central roast.

The event will be taped in Los Angeles on Sept. 10 and air Sept. 19.

"Charlie has assured us that nothing will be off limits in this roast," said Kent Alterman, the network's head of programming and production.

Said Sheen in a statement: "You could say I've been providing kindling for this roast for a while. It's time to light it up. It's going to be epic."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Can't wait to see this..gotta give him credit for taking himself not so seriously.

I've liked Charlie Sheen for a long time and admit the guy's got problems but I still think he's a great entertainer. This roast should be a blast.

Wonder who they are gonna have roasting him. Be nice if they got his brother Emilio involved

latimesblogs.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I honestly think he's more sane than the media is portraying him as. He knew what he was getting himself into with those interviews where he acted like he was on speed: controversy and charisma. Look how much money he's made by doing gigs and selling t-shirts.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
i never understood why someone would want to be "roasted". its like a bad dream where everyone makes fun of you and you have to smile and not have a melt down.

i guess sheen has run out of hooker money.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Charlie Sheen should have his own sitcom, I can imagine the trouble he could stir up

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Whatever his reasons it takes a brave man to be roasted. Those guys aren't gentle.

It should be a blast though and I will definetly be watching

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
totally looking forward to this
make sure you bump it when the date gets closer so I dont forget ♥

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Epicly dumb. Sheenster is blown.

CJ

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by kro32

Charlie Sheen should have his own sitcom, I can imagine the trouble he could stir up

www.celebrityviplounge.com...

Lionsgate Television is taking a chance on Charlie Sheen by offering Masheen a ton of money to star in a sitcom of his own. An insider told Radaronline.com that “Charlie has inked a deal with Lionsgate Television to create and star in a new sitcom. Charlie’s character will be very similar to the one he played on Two And a Half Men, however the show will be a lot racier.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Will check it out for sure.

Thanks for the link

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Possible new show for Charlie.

I can see this being really funny.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I can't wait to watch the roast!

I think he should have his own reality TV show where cameras just follow him around. I'd love to see the shenanigans he is up to on a daily basis.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Charlie Sheen is highly intelligent, the Media is distorting him for speaking many truths, in addition he knows what gets attention,

These new 'Roast' are Rubbish, nothing like the 'Roast' of earlier times, who could compete with 'Don Rickles'?

they knew what would garner money, they knew people would watch just based on the fact it's Charlie Sheen, the jokes will get tiresome after about 5 minutes...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
I hate posts that just contain a link for something to read.

At least summarize it and add your opinion.

Live by the sword...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
sheens good but messed up in a ozzy osbourne way.
should be a good roast.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

In some cases the title will contain the point of the thread as is the case here.

Nice to see your stalking my posts however

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I wanted to add - there might even be a conspiracy involved - I read a few days ago that some topics are off limits due to the legal issues surrounding them, but I failed to read the whole article (I was immersed in something else at the time) - when I tried to find it today all I got was claims that "no topics" are off limits - so its either being covered up or the policy changed

If I come across it again I'll share it ♥

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

It was posted on a thread of mine that you replied to, it's funny though.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Fair enough, you got me

I admit my screw ups...good call

top topics

join