It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The British Conspiracy that has it ALL...... Phone Hacking, Corporations, Police Collusion.........

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by timski

Timski

Interesting thought providing you are making the assumption that the politicians are in power..... I think actually the politicians are puppetts of the media corporations, as demonstrated by the 'courtship' of the media by the politicians of ALL parties...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Thought i would add to your thread OP.

Here is a link to sky news website page that has extracts from Rebekah Brooks meeting with the news of the world staff a few hours ago.

Link to audio extract

According to Sky news on the TV, they are saying that Rebekah Brooks has mentioned in this meeting with staff, that in one years time they will understand why all these things are happening the way they are, right now or something. Anyway, take a peak.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackDove

According to Sky news on the TV, they are saying that Rebekah Brooks has mentioned in this meeting with staff, that in one years time they will understand why all these things are happening the way they are, right now or something. Anyway, take a peak.

BD

After listening to her on your link then I confirm that she does say wait and in a years time all will become clear...........the conspiracey part of me thinks that w''what does she / they know which we don't??''.............. BUT then it might just be her saying that 'when the dust settles' people might have more sympathy for her current situation...

Either way there appears to be alot of resentment towards her and with the BIG Boss due over we will see what happens next !??

Cheers

PDUK

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BattleFieldPredator

They sure do not like it up em it seems!

What else I find rather gratifying is that the so called degradation of morals in the UK as been talked about in many of murdochs papers (pot and kettle), seems to be total bs considering the vast majority are pushing towards honesty and integrity in all aspects of public life.

Interesting times!

It does seem a pot meet kettle moment..

and it certainly will be interesting times ahead... But I can't help but wonder what will happen next..

Having worked for corporates that are based or have extensive interests in the US there is a depth to American laws (Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) for example) that could open the door to prosecution in the US for the senior management team for actions in the UK specifically with the information we now have at hand.. especially bribing the UKs police.

www.justice.gov...

The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of 1977, as amended, 15 U.S.C. §§ 78dd-1, et seq. ("FCPA"), was enacted for the purpose of making it unlawful for certain classes of persons and entities to make payments to foreign government officials to assist in obtaining or retaining business. Specifically, the anti-bribery provisions of the FCPA prohibit the willful use of the mails or any means of instrumentality of interstate commerce corruptly in furtherance of any offer, payment, promise to pay, or authorization of the payment of money or anything of value to any person, while knowing that all or a portion of such money or thing of value will be offered, given or promised, directly or indirectly, to a foreign official to influence the foreign official in his or her official capacity, induce the foreign official to do or omit to do an act in violation of his or her lawful duty, or to secure any improper advantage in order to assist in obtaining or retaining business for or with, or directing business to, any person.

If you consider bribing the police a direct link to obtaining stories that increase sales and revenue.. then the senior management team in the US might fall foul of Americans anti-bribery laws.. thinking of it that way.. it now has an even more interesting flavour..
edit on 9/7/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Years ago I used to work for a favourite American Medical Corp....the one everyone knows and trusts.......

I remember the Sarbanes Oxley ruling which was a real hindrence to business because it was an auditing of the company financials that went into the microscopic to prove that the company was whiter than white and playing by the rules unlike others...(i think the Enron scandle caused the problem)....

Would this same auditing / Sarbanes Oxley ruling have any weight to bear down on News Corp and their Obvious corrupt dealings in the past ?

PDUK

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Ah then I guess you also had to learn a little of American law... (rolls eyes and shakes head)

Just searching and it seems the Guardian ran a similar story early this morning so it seems it is entirely possible they could prosecute him for bribery both here and in the US.

www.guardian.co.uk...

James Murdoch and News Corp could face corporate legal battles on both sides of the Atlantic that involve criminal charges, fines and forfeiture of assets as the escalating phone-hacking scandal risks damaging his chances of taking control of Rupert Murdoch's US-based media empire.

Edit to Add:

This is beginning to feel like someone/group is attempting to bring down this giant media corporation. I'm guessing by default that any damage to the name of Fox in the US would benefit Obamas re-election hopes.
edit on 9/7/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
A good article by George Galloway. Obviously attacking the Murdoch media, but also suspects the hand of Peter Mandelson at play. Also on his radio show last night, he mentioned the silence of Vince Cable and Nick Clegg.

The orchestration was so smooth this week that I sensed the hand of Peter Mandelson, who swore that Murdoch would regret pulling support for New Labour.

www.morningstaronline.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Amazing that a site committed to alternative news and Conspiracy theory has only this one thread going on. Papers in the UK are calling this Britains Watergate.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Amazing that a site committed to alternative news and Conspiracy theory has only this one thread going on. Papers in the UK are calling this Britains Watergate.

www.independent.co.uk...

I would assume that once James Murdoch and by default Fox get dragged into this then the conspiracy will really explode on ATS and we will see a million threads on the subject so at the moment I am revelling in the relative quiet so I can get my thoughts together and have sensible debates on what is going on with like minded souls..

Just imagine the threads we'll get once people actually realise this could hamper Fox and benefit Obamas re-election campaign!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

There are couple knocking about, but their titles don't immediately scream "Murdoch is boned".. Also, the US media is apparently going mental over this, due a deep seated Hatred of all things Murdoch. In the UK, however, things are quiet. In fact, the heads of the Mail Group and the owners of the Telegraph have had a chat with Cameron already about trying to limit the scope of any enquiry, obviously they have skeletons in the closet on this one too.

I've not had a chance yet to peruse the whole thread, for that I apologise, but this is the proverbial can of worms that has been placed on a block of C4 and allowed to explode all over. The Police investigations alone with, eventually, run into thousands of man hours and many, many more arrests. To try and brush this under the carpet now would be suicide for whoever attempts it and, quite frankly, impossible now the Met have launched two Operations to uncover what has been going on.

I have noticed a few using the predictable "BBC are bad" line, but to be honest they are the only outlet that is actually running the story properly. Although this is probably out of self-preservation as Murdoch has been gunning for the Beeb for a while now.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/841795ae58c9.jpg[/atsimg]

PDUK

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
twitter.com...

Some further revelations can be expected this evening, if the above twitter account is to be believed. I think they are due to appear on BBC later, and will post the links on the twitter account.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DSSONE

twitter.com...

Some further revelations can be expected this evening, if the above twitter account is to be believed. I think they are due to appear on BBC later, and will post the links on the twitter account.

Cheers DSSONE

The ''Twitterer'' ? says she has 37 TEXT messages sent over the past few years by Higher management in her possesion........ who could they be from I wonder ???

The Twitterer is probably going to seel her story to the press BUT she should be aware in doing so she becomes a material witness to tany legal actions requiring evidence............. this is the problem..... she should go 'public' with that info BUT NotW will cut her rightful severence pay..... that's wrong.......

Keep watching

PDUK

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I fully agree, lots of strange things going on at the min, i wonder if phone hacking of more royals will come out or something really big and damning like phone calls between Bush and Blair lol.

Something doesn't seem right though, i really believe we our only being told some half truths about things, plus i wasn't impressed with the police announcing via Sky news, that they were going to arrest Andy Coulson 1 day before they arrested him over this scandal. If i had 1 day grace made public that i was going to be arrested over some crime, i would do away with any evidence that could convict me, plus i would begin to cover my tracks. Its all very fishy. Also find it hard to believe Rebekah Brooks didn't know what was going on in the company she runs, if shes telling the truth she is incompetent as a boss and should be sacked, if shes lying string her up.

Either way the News of the World will close down and be re-opened in a month under a new name as Max Clifford confirmed. They wouldn't waste all that office space, equipment, ink, licence etc. for too long.

Great thread by the way.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I just checked the account again, and, unfortunately, the account holder is backing off - due to NI pressure presumably (as you say, severance and compensation issues likely on their mind...if genuine, of course!). Apparently they will publish a document tomorrow.

With regard to Brooks "all will out in the end", clearly giving the impression she knows more than she is prepared to state publicly, it's possible that employees of NOTW or even the NI group itself is guilty of more than just accessing voicemails. Eg perverting the course of justice.

No idea how it will play out to be honest.

edit on 9/7/2011 by DSSONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Well heres the online version of the last NoTW, kinda weird looking at it, i don't buy the paper but have took a peak now and then at disgarded ones on the trains and the online version a few times.
I know im a tramp.

Kinda sad really lol, its like they are throwing some kind of guilt trip at you when you read it, dunno why.

The final news of the world paper - online

Found this really cool flip page thingy on the News of the World final edition, thought i would add this as well.

Cool Flippy thing!

edit on 9-7-2011 by BlackDove because: Added cool flippy thing.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Forgive me if this has already been posted, but I've just came across it.

www.bbc.co.uk...

His decision to take a stand against Mr Blair, Mr Watson believes, put him in the media firing line, and the then editor of the Sun, and former News of the World chief, Rebekah Brooks, a friend and supporter of Mr Blair, was one of those with their fingers on the trigger.

"At that point, News International journalists told me that Rebekah Brooks would never forgive me for what I'd done to her Tony," Mr Watson told the BBC News website.

"They said she'd go after me."

Tom Watson, one of politics good guys who actually gives a damn. This goes a long way to highlighting what Brooks is willing to do to people who get in the way of her agenda, and more proof that there has been a longstanding information racket between NI and our government.

Gordon Brown was one of Watsons allies, and it is my belief that NI intentionally made Mr Brown look foolish time and time again to get him out of the picture so that one of their approved clique could take the reigns, and Mr Brown did not have the charm or the people skills to crawl out of their trap. During his time as PM, he was practically a laughing stock. I'm not the mans biggest fan, far from it, he aided (or if not aided, then turned a blind eye to) the banks in the economic collapse, but now I wonder how much of the news surrounding him was taken out of context and twisted to meet NI's publishing standards.

It's all public indoctrination via deceit and profit motivation.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by invetro

In that snippet of yours :

"They said she'd go after me."

That's pretty scarry in a way, makes you wonder about a lot of things.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DSSONE

twitter.com...

Seems that the twitter account is gone now.

Was reading it last night and they had said they were posting information about the texts today.

Probably been shut up with cash or something else.

edit on 10-7-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

XXXN3O

Here's a thought ref the 'twitter' account........ could it have been some ''market research'' being done by those at NotW or News Corp trying to guage public feeling and sentiment before committing themselves in any way with any new publications or information prior to the BIG BOSS MURDO arriving today.....

All these sources could be genuine or 'tools' in my opinion being used to ''understand '' the public more..

Who really KNOWS....

Cheers

PDUK

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join