It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The British Conspiracy that has it ALL...... Phone Hacking, Corporations, Police Collusion.........

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CrankyPantsUK

Oh he & News Corp did it, in that there is no doubt. Wether this story takes off in the US is a different argument. If it does Murdoch's 40 year reign on the media is finished.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by marker3221

According to the BBC five senators are now taking an interest in the matter ( including a republican).

Phone hacking: MPs 'could summon Rebekah Brooks'

Meanwhile, Democratic senator Jay Rockefeller said US authorities should consider whether journalists working for News Corp had broken US law. Mr Rockefeller, who chairs the Senate's commerce committee, expressed concern that phone hacking may have extended to American targets, including victims of 9/11, although he presented no evidence. More congressmen, including the first major Republican, Peter King, called for a federal investigation into News Corp's actions. Others included senators Frank Lautenberg, Robert Menendez and Barbara Boxer.

I think the Americans will get there, in time. Just like anytime we go to war, they always show up a wee bit late.

I found a more American orientated thread about the matter in the media forum on this site and it was all NWO this and black ops that.

News corps is a black op? Jesus...

If that's what they are going to bring to the party, then I hope they stay out of this thread.
edit on 14-7-2011 by Knobby because: Spelling... ( you really have to ask??)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Rebecca Wade has now resigned.

Just need for Murdoch to be tried and jailed now!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by yakuzakid

It's all over twitter that Les Hinton has now resigned.

They're dropping like flies.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Knobby

Your right,,, ENGLISH................

I was listening to Rupert Murdochs autobiographer this eveing who was suggesting that Mr Murdoch is ''Finished''!!

And he is a personal friend of Mr Murdoch !!

PDUK

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Billy Bragg's new song "Never buy the sun"

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

I have a feeling that James Murdoch will step in when this gets a bit more quiet to take the reins.

There is still some time to go yet, especially with the enquiry still to come with the members of parliament, I think that might be Cameron's nail in the coffin and a few more maybe.

I mean, can you imagine if it turns out that members of the current and past government knowingly took part in this and actually covered it up etc. I think that might tip the public over the edge.

Overseas it is getting interesting too with the hacking of 9/11 victims phones too.
edit on 16-7-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Sorry to say that when the S**t hits the fan She was first person in a powerful position forced to take the Flak.
The Evil people in real positions of power will always leave a comfortable line of pawns between themselves and any firing line, sad to say.
Ps. I grew up in Wolves
Take care,
Paul.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The actor Jude law has opened another line of attack claiming that The Sun (Murdoch owned) has also been hacking his voicemail. Interestingly it was the left that spilled the beans back in the day on the "dirty digger". The "gap left by the NoW will soon be filled by The Sunday Sun".
edit on 16-7-2011 by Tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Mr Cameron has met its (NI) top executives 26 times in the 15 months since he became prime minister, it emerged.

www.bbc.co.uk...

I'd like to see Cameron shot out a cannon, but what scares me is who will replace him?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by yakuzakid

www.bbc.co.uk...

I'd like to see Cameron shot out a cannon, but what scares me is who will replace him?

Be afraid...VERY afraid.

Boris is coming.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
The actor Jude law has opened another line of attack claiming that The Sun (Murdoch owned) has also been hacking his voicemail. Interestingly it was the left that spilled the beans back in the day on the "dirty digger". The "gap left by the NoW will soon be filled by The Sunday Sun".
edit on 16-7-2011 by Tiger5 because: (no reason given)

I watched a bit of the parlimentary review yesterday and it was obvious that TNOTW had convinced Peter Yates that there was nothing to see and that was why he had not pursued the previous investigation with vigour. He had allowed himself to be wined and dined and in effect bought with favours and there is no way on earth he is going to reveal any of the high brow, political names that were on the lists, because to do so would be to implicate himself. He did everything he could to avoid answering, directly, any questions relating to names of political targets. I suspect, that much like Reinhard Heydrich and 'Madame Kitty's', that Murdoch has some highly incriminating information on any number of high profile political personalities, and that this is why as much emphasis as possible is being place on celebrity personal lives and criminal cases. No one wants the whole story getting out. Murdoch while on his own in terms of his corporations reputation with the public, will without a shadow of a doubt, escape any official remonstrations.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
10th Arrest made today of a 43 year old woman, I do wonder if Brooks is the woman who has been arrested by appointment, over the bribing of Police Officers.

Anymore news with regards to this arrest I will update later.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

it's confirmed on sky that it's Brooks.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Just got the confirmation now. Thank you for the update. Well now I wonder if they will post bail for her or will she be remanded in custody lol. Like hell in she will.

Arrested for conspiring to intercept voice messages, and for collaborating, over the payment of police officers.

Now here is a thought, with her being arrested now, will she be able to answer all questions fired at her on tuesday? This week is going to be very interesting that is for sure.

I wonder if the Other guy whom resigned his position on Friday from News International will be arrested also, or is he american?
edit on 17-7-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Everyone who has been arrested or will be arrested is to be bailed until October, when decisions will be made to either charge, extend bail or release.

No one will be remanded over this as it isn't a violent crime nor is there any chance of anyone absconding, given the high profile of many of those being arrested.

EDIT: It doesn't matter if they are UK, American or citizens of Mars. They can all be arrested.
edit on 17/7/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Well Now since you have commented with regards to anyone can be arrested, I wonder in James Murdoch will be next, on the list to be arrested. That would make Tuesdays questioning a farce to say the least.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Only if they have evidence that links him to these allegations more so than just being the CEO.

That said, the Police are in receipt of a large amount of e-mails and, if they so wished, gain a warrant to serach News Corp for more.

Interesting tidbit for you, during the original investigation, the data centre used to host NoW/News Corp mails was raised by Police who were tipped off by the data centre owners, not NoW or News Corp. While they were there, someone high up the chain of command in News Corp, with the necessary login, deleted hundreds of mails. Of course, this was a futile effort as backups existed etc, so it does make you wonder what the Police know and who, once this is played out, is looking at some time at Her Majesties Pleasure.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Goodness just shows you how far this goes. Well James Did admit paying out large amounts of money, but also claimed he didn't know what the money was for. If I was a CEO of a large company, I would be asking what the money was for and what case.

Ive just read also That if proven, Mobile Pinging could raise legal questions.

A former News of the World journalist's allegation the newspaper paid police to track mobile phones raises serious questions about the UK's eavesdropping laws, according to experts.

While there is no firm evidence to support the accusation, if true it would undermine safeguards within the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act.

Mobile Pinging

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

Well Now since you have commented with regards to anyone can be arrested, I wonder in James Murdoch will be next, on the list to be arrested. That would make Tuesdays questioning a farce to say the least.

I believe that Les Hinton will be the next to be arrested (hopefully):

Les Hinton resigns from Dow Jones

Before heading up Dow Jones, Hinton preceded Brooks as the executive chairman of News International during the same years News of the World was allegedly hacking into voicemails of British celebrities and politicians, as well as a murdered teen girl and the father of a bombing victim.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join