It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now they have done it. Mexico calls for extradition of US officials involved in Project: Fast & Fur

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Now we will get to watch US politics at it's finest, sacrificing some low end officials to cover their butts. If this gets any better it could really be a nasty international incident! This could go as far as Attorney General Eric Holder, Secretary of State Hilary Clinton and/or Director of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano. Those departments were all involved in the operation, although with varying degrees of involvement.Here is the link. Fox
The whole "gun problem" seems to have been fabricated to forward the anti-gun goal of the administration. Notice how when Mexico tried to trace the weapons the US officals claimed the serial numbers didn't exist !?! This scandal gets more and more interesting day by day!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Pot meet Kettle!

Hey Mexico. How bout you arrest all the corrupt government officials that are selling military grade weapons to the Cartels.

Oh it's easier to blame the USA? well carry on then.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Corrupt gov probably just wants to offer corrupt people corrupt jobs.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Yea ain't that the truth. Although the extra help from Gunrunner is not helping things! The US gov't liked to claim they came from the states also, helped them push gun regulations and all. Maybe their prez needs to give another speech to the US congress.

link   
Anybody remember that Border Patrol guy that Bush gave a pardon too?

How's he doing?

Anyone know?

Remember even?

Me.

link   
Holy #, nice find. This is absolutely sickening I wonder what bull# the U.S will come up with to avoid the extradition. "We'll we just placed the guns on the floor in front of the gangsters, and they placed the money on the floor, so technically, no transaction ever took place"

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

I think this will be the downfall of this administration. Mexican politicians are PO'ed and want some justice. I don't blame them.

If this admin follows the normal SOP of throwing a couple of low-level scapegoats their way, I guarantee they'll sing and bring down the rest eventually. Especially if they are facing a Mexican prison sentence.

That would be funny seeing Holder, Clinton and Napolitano being extradited to Mexico for trial.

I'd have to brush up on my Spanish just so I could watch the trial.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
We're letting weapons walk across the border, Mexico let's the cartel get away with what ever they want, who the hell is arresting the criminals

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

We can only hope some singing takes place! All three agencies I mentioned had a role in this debacle. Now it we must wait for the testimony of the acting BATF chief. His testimony was bought by un-blocking some appointments.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
-

I'm glad MSM is covering this "fast and the furious" illegal gun sales scandal. Hopefully it brings some attention to the highly unethical and neglectful gunrunning activities that the US government and military are involved in.

I see only a few simple things happening here.

1. Mexican politicians want to appease the people (elections are in 2012).

First, the Mexican people are those demanding justice (not the politicians). The US lost one person to these guns, yet Mexico lost dozens or more innocent people. The Mexican presidential candidates are playing the people to get on their favorable side for votes. They really don't give a damn IMO. If they did, they would have done something long ago, not after the fact. They are providing a false sense of justice hoping it will later fade away. I'm predicting this demand for justice will not make it any further than the 6 o'clock news.

2. Mexican politicians want a US paycheck to keep quiet

Some select Mexican leaders are most likely demanding or negotiating with US officials for a financial incentive package to keep this out of the news. This is the only plausible explanation I can think of. This could be swept under the rug so easy (if they really wanted to). They know the drug cartels killed those people, not the guns. Remove the guns and the problem is still the cartels. Mexican politicians are probably telling US officials that it's been a great inconvenience for them and they deserve compensation for their public humiliation.

They want votes and money and that is about it. It's all a show.
Whether it's one or another, eventually it will all go away like it never happened.

(I'm happy to consider other possibilities other than mine)..

-

edit on 5-7-2011 by matito because:

new topics

top topics

join