It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Processed Meats Declared Too Dangerous for Human Consumption...what are the home alternatives?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Go vegan! You'll save the lives of thousands of innocent animals you would have killed.

Also, I went to share the article with friends until I realized it was from 2007.. I like things that are current

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Hell you might as well give up eating food altogether unless you eat it raw. Almost all food is processed in one way or another. Washing, chopping, cooking, grinding, seasoning, curing, smoking and drying are all processes that we use to make food of all kind more palatable for our consumption.

I dunno man, I only buy ingredients, and then I cook them. I am the process. lol. It really isn't that hard, and it's fun, too! And I eat lots of great food.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
NEW REPORT: LIVING IS BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH...

awesome...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
Too bad leafy green vegetables are the richest source of nitrates/nitrites. Also, I'd love to see the actual review that is mentioned but not cited in the article posted in the OP.

This guy is right btw.

Another major source of nitrate is drinking water. Seriously, just give up.

www.ext.colostate.edu...

Inorganic nitrates have also recently been touted for their health benefits.
"Dietary inorganic nitrate improves mitochondrial efficiency in humans." That would mean distance runners would want to eat more of it before a race, for example, especially because this paper specifically looks at oxygen usage, etc for people doing exercise.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Here are nitrates being good for somebody's heart because they protect from damage from an anti-cancer drug.

www.sciencedaily.com...

So...you eat the meat and get the cancer then take the drug then eat the meat to protect you from the drug.

Not all nitrates are the same, but they are pretty close, and for a long time have just all been called 'inorganic nitrates' because it was thought they didn't do much.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join