It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anon (not) Exposed - [HOAX]

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
so without posting a personal name or
personal info. I did track down who owns
and operates the privacy company through
the Better Business Bureau.

Just posting to you the knowledge of this
fact is not against T&C that I am aware of

trying to stay within the guidelines of ATS
and still do a decent investigation

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by boondock-saint
just following leads in an investigation

No. You're chasing wild geese into neverland.

I disagree kind sir

Conspiratorial crimes are shrouded in layers
like an onion. Peel off one layer leads
to the next. One layer who is hiding
behind another of those layers is fair game.

the privacy protection service who anon
is hiding behind is one of those layers.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

reply to post by boondock-saint

Maybe it's more like one big onion that's in charge of all it's layers, Find the onion first, then eat the lot.

I can think of a name or none that would suit, any others just want a bite.

Mod Edit: Full quote of preceding post removed. Reply To function used. Please see ABOUT ATS: Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote. Thank you - Jak
edit on 7/7/11 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

just following leads in an investigation

No. You're chasing wild geese into neverland.

Best quote from Skeptic ever. So true. Sorry boon.
edit on 6-7-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Just posting to you the knowledge of this
fact is not against T&C that I am aware of

Your awareness is lacking. Or, your common courtesy and manners are non-existent.

You would want to post the private cell phone number and other personal information of an individual who has no stake in the game or other connection to the contrived lunacy of your "research." Seriously man, get a grip.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
SkepticOverlord,

Respectfully I don't believe your half hearted google searches of that mailing address really proves anything. You were quick to assume that the base that was being talked about was Barrington, but you are incorrect. The base in question is actually 14 Wing Greenwood, about 150km away from Yarmouth. However if you knew anything about this situation other than your quick google search you would know of the clandestine military operations and facilities in Yarmouth (operated by the Air Force out of Greenwood/Shearwater and the Navy out of Halifax), and the fact that the mailing address in question goes to member of the Canadian Forces at the previously stated base.

For your next 30 second google search I would suggest googling the long list of well known cover companies the CIA uses for their covert operations in the United States. While not connected to this address (at least based on my FIRST HAND knowledge at least), maybe it will open your eyes to the obvious possibility that front companies for military operations do in fact exist, and shouldnt be discounted from being a possibility. It's way more possible than 60% of the topics I read here at least.

I love this website...I have been a member for years and enjoy my time reading through this site. I also have the upmost respect for you and what you've made this site into. However you shouldn't be quick to discount Boondock-Saint's research...especially considering he truly is onto something here. Thank you and take care.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Ok, maybe it is just best to put the theory to rest with facts instead of trying to convince Boondock, and others, that they are on the wrong path with reason.

Look Boondock... "Whois Privacy Protection Service, Inc." is a very common Privacy Protection service. It is mostly used by eNom.com.

www.enom.com...

If you buy a domain name from eNom.com and you purchase privacy protection which they call "ID Protect", they give you the exact address you displayed in your OP. So virtually anyone, including you, can have the contact info you were "investigating". eNom.com is a very popular domain reseller, and there is probably thousands of websites with similar contact addresses.

that company has a fax contact
of a UPS store fax box in
Bellevue Washington USA.

" Whois Privacy Protection Services, Inc.
Whois Agent ()

Fax:
PMB 368, 14150 NE 20th St - F1
Bellevue, WA 98007
US"

Read the following webpage, and look at the example contact info under the "Protected with ID Protect"...

www.enom.com...

Whois Privacy Protection Service.
Whois Agent
PMB 368, 14150 NE 20th St - F1
C/O johnsmithprod.com
Bellevue, WA 98007
United States
(425) 274-0657
[email protected]

Same exact address... that is probably one of many of their forwarding addresses. The PO BOX 841 that points to Canada is another address they use on MANY domain names which are purchased through eNom.com. Just doing a search for that PO BOX will show you quite a few other domains that use the same address.

So that debunks all your "research" regarding military bases and CIA mail boxes being used by Anon.. The address and the PO BOX is only used by Private Protection Services Inc. and nobody else involved in Anon..

Now, look at the example e-mail on the above web page too...

"[email protected]"

...and compare it to the OP;

[email protected]

I found some interesting correlations regarding
the prefix: gmbpmrlhdq

It can be broken up into abbreviations

GM (General Motors) BP (British Petroleum)
Mr. L & HDQ (Headquarters)

Basically, that e-mail name that you think is broken up into abbreviations is actually a randomly generated sequence of letters with no meaning at all. The "ID Protect" service must create a random e-mail for every person who uses the service so they know who to forward the e-mails to.

Just do a Google search for "@whoisprivacyprotect.com" and you will see the thousands of random letters they use for their private e-mails...

www.google.com...

Here is a couple of the first hits:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

See, they are all unreadable and meaningless to everyone except Privacy Protection Service Inc. which uses the unique e-mails to identify their customers. So that debunks ALL of main part of your entire OP and your random connections to certain corporations.

Your entire topic, Boondock, is nothing more than a huge distraction, and as SkepticOverlord put it, a wild goose chase into neverland.

edit on 7-7-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
One more thing on the Whois Privacy Protection/providing true information issue as well. I own two domains with this privacy protection service (from another provider mind you)...I have owned these domains for a number of years and none of the information (mailing address, phone number, my name, etc) is correct or current. I have never lost my domains for providing false information, meaning if I can provide false contact info and get away with it so can anyone else.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Respectfully you too should google CIA front companies in the United States, not as an example of this particular topic but more of an example of how they work. Many companies operate "business as usual" while using the business for their operations when need be. It's also how the mafia used to make their money "clean" through money laundering. I don't know why this topic is being treated as such a baseless theory when it in fact happens all of the time all over the world...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dario86
Anonymous does not represent one man or corporation.
There's no clear structure or leadership in Anonymous.

So its not hard to infiltrate them but on other hand its not easy to manipulate with whole Anonymous.

That's just my opinion.

Is it really your opinion though.... It sounds like exactly what the media has said about anon. It's also a clever name to make you think there are no accountable parties. Anonymous is just a name... just like Lulsec... Which didn't give up btw even though they said they did....

They just changed their name to Anti-Sec and now everybody thinks they are a totally separate group. Lemme ask you, if anonymous is really anonymous... how can you form an allegiance with them under a name called "Anti-Sec?" That implies hierarchy... no? Furthermore... Lulsec was never anonymous... they gave interviews and what not.

It's like saying the owner of the A&P is anonymous just because YOU don't know who he is.... It may be a well hidden secret but a truly random anonymous polymorphic amoeba it is not. There IS structure... people just keep repeating like a band of parrots that there is not.

Don't just read and repeat. Think about what you read...
edit on 7-7-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by matth

All of that is irrelevant to the topic. I don't need to Google anything about how the CIA operates.

Boondock is trying to link Anonymous to the Government using a website's registry information which is actually the default contact information for Privacy Protection Services Inc. The logic behind this is seriously flawed.

The majority of his argument revolves around a commonly used third-party address and PO BOX which literally thousands of domain names are using. The rest of his topic is an illusion created from a very speculative wild guess as to the meaning of random letters in an unique random e-mail address.

Nothing of Boondocks research holds any water and is mostly a bunch of random babble and a case of seeing something that isn't there.

It's all confirmation bias.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Very Nicely done!......that illustrates the point I was making very nicely! I think it brings up a larger issue....can we trust anything from someone claiming to be Anonymous? How can one deduce the 'True' Anonymous group from a fake one? Or for that matter IS there even a 'real' Anonymous anymore....in the sense of it being an organization with a central controlling base? Or has it always just been a name that anyone can claim? .....Sort of like a hacker/political activist version of the name Monty Cantsin that comes from the artistic movement known as Neoism. .

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by matth

Originally posted by matth
... none of the information (mailing address, phone number, my name, etc) is correct or current. I have never lost my domains for providing false information, meaning if I can provide false contact info and get away with it so can anyone else.

If your contact information is not correct and ICANN finds out, then your domain name will be suspended. If they try to contact you, and you do not reply, your domain will be suspended. They probably have no reason to contact you yet.

That is irrelevant anyway too....

The problem here is not that the contact information is wrong or incorrect, because the contact information provided by Boondock IS correct, and it points to Privacy Protection Services Inc.. It is a default address and PO Box used as a proxy or middle-man to hide private information. The problem here is just that, it's a common address used by many many many people to hide their private information.......................

Boondock is trying to say this common address supports the idea that Anon. is affiliated with the government, but that couldn't be further from the truth. It only supports the idea that whoever bought the domain was smart enough to protect their private information from people like Boondock.

Boondock even made up a far fetched guess as to the meaning of the e-mail address which is randomly generated by Privacy Protection Services Inc.. It is similar to smashing your head on your keyboard and then trying to find the meaning of the letters that show up...

This topic is literally void of substance.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I see your point, however what I am trying to say is that the address Privacy Protection Services Inc. uses for their non-existent Yarmouth location is an address also used by a member of the Canadian Forces based out of 14 Wing Greenwood, which is an air force base serving as NORAD's first responding base for the east coast of continental North America, because of that there is always American military presence there. There is your connection to at the very least the Canadian military and the American military by proxy. As for the other domains registered to that address, the reason why I asked you to google CIA front groups is because you would see they often operate as regular businesses in order to keep their cover. So in essence his theory is not seriously flawed, it is actually seriously possible just based on those facts alone.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

I see your point, however what I am trying to say is that the address Privacy Protection Services Inc. uses for their non-existent Yarmouth location is an address also used by a member of the Canadian Forces based out of 14 Wing Greenwood, which is an air force base serving as NORAD's first responding base for the east coast of continental North America, because of that there is always American military presence there.

What you are trying to say is incorrect.

PO BOX 841, Yarmouth, NS B5A 4K5 is the location of the Canada Post, A POST OFFICE that holds the Post Office Box 841 that is used by Privacy Protection Services Inc.. and probably many other people as well. Even you can own a PO BOX in that location.

You should check your facts.

There is your connection to at the very least the Canadian military and the American military by proxy.

There is ZERO connection to Canadian military or American military.... Just the Canadian Post Office.

As for the other domains registered to that address, the reason why I asked you to google CIA front groups is because you would see they often operate as regular businesses in order to keep their cover.

That is irrelevant right now... Anyone can make the claim that a company is a CIA front. You and Boondock have ZERO evidence that this is the case for the mentioned website.

So in essence his theory is not seriously flawed, it is actually seriously possible just based on those facts alone.

What facts? Nothing you or Boondock have provided are facts... That is why his theory is seriously flawed.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy

What you are trying to say is incorrect.

PO BOX 841, Yarmouth, NS B5A 4K5 is the location of the Canada Post, A POST OFFICE that holds the Post Office Box 841 that is used by Privacy Protection Services Inc.. I wouldn't doubt many other companies and maybe even military bases use a PO Box in the same location.

You should check your facts.

There is your connection to at the very least the Canadian military and the American military by proxy.

There is ZERO connection to Canadian military or American military.... Just the Canadian Post.

As for the other domains registered to that address, the reason why I asked you to google CIA front groups is because you would see they often operate as regular businesses in order to keep their cover.

That is irrelevant right now... Anyone can make the claim the a company is a CIA front. You and Boondock have ZERO evidence that

You are the misinformed one my friend. I'm not sure how the postal system works in your country, but in Canada PO Boxes are usually small metal boxes contained inside the town's POST OFFICE. So of course the address you googled with haste is going to pop up as Canada Post...it's their town post office.

Now I'm not sure how post office boxes work in your country, but in Canada if you pay for a post office box then that PO Box number is yours. You don't share. What that means is that the Canadian military is not going to SHARE a Post office box with an Internet privacy company...and if it was a matter of them just using the same post office then their PO Box numbers would not be the same...this is common sense I thought?

The point I made about military intelligence conducting legit business with their front companies is very relevant as this is exactly what is being suggested in this theory. The fact that you cannot even accept that as a possibility shows that you already have a preconceived conclusion to this and you are simply ignoring any counterpoints to your statements. The fact that you don't even understand the concept of how a post office box works shows a lack of credibility and more importantly a need to actually research what you are talking about besides a quick google search.

Personally I dont care what you think...there is too much hard evidence out there if you took the time to find it...but you won't :p peace.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

There is No Spoon.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

You are the misinformed one my friend. I'm not sure how the postal system works in your country, but in Canada PO Boxes are usually small metal boxes contained inside the town's POST OFFICE. So of course the address you googled with haste is going to pop up as Canada Post...it's their town post office.

No, YOU are misinformed.....

I KNOW it is the towns post office. I just said that.... Google "Yarmouth, NS B5A 4K5, CA" and click Google Maps, and zoom in, and do a street view, and you will see that it is the location of THE CANADA POST..... A POST OFFICE. The address Boondock researched is just a Post Office that contains post office boxes, and one of those boxes "841" is used by "Privacy Protection Services Inc." to catch all mail sent to their domain name customers.

Now I'm not sure how post office boxes work in your country, but in Canada if you pay for a post office box then that PO Box number is yours. You don't share.

Sometimes, a company like "Privacy Proteciton Services Inc." will buy one PO BOX and share that one box with all it's customers........ So you are wrong, again...

What that means is that the Canadian military is not going to SHARE a Post office box with an Internet privacy company...and if it was a matter of them just using the same post office then their PO Box numbers would not be the same...this is common sense I thought?

Where on Earth are you getting this information that the Canadian military is sharing the same PO BOX?

Did you ever think your information is wrong? Please provide your source that the Canadian military is using that PO BOX. If you don't, then everything you say is baseless...

The point I made about military intelligence conducting legit business with their front companies is very relevant as this is exactly what is being suggested in this theory.

No it is not exactly what is being suggested in this theory. What is being suggested is that the domain name that Boondock did a Whois search on is affiliated with the government because the PO BOX and address that is used was some how incorrectly linked to the military and CIA.. NONE of the addresses have ANY link to any military or CIA.... so this entire topic is illogical and baseless.

The fact that you cannot even accept that as a possibility shows that you already have a preconceived conclusion to this and you are simply ignoring any counterpoints to your statements.

I never claimed it was impossible... I claimed that there is no evidence that points to it being true for this website. Nothing in this topic even remotely suggest it being true.

The fact that you don't even understand the concept of how a post office box works shows a lack of credibility and more importantly a need to actually research what you are talking about besides a quick google search.

I know EXACTLY how Post Office Boxes work, I own one.

YOU are the one lacking knowledge in this situation. You are even operating on false information, and you are using the false information to suggest what I say is incorrect. People do share PO Boxes when third-party businesses allow their customers to share theirs, and that business then forwards all mail from that PO Box to the correct people.

Now prove the Canadian Military is using that exact PO Box... or kindly refrain from telling me I am wrong.

Personally I dont care what you think...there is too much hard evidence out there if you took the time to find it...but you won't :p peace.

Hard evidence for what?? I don't seen any evidence for anything...

Sure Anon. can be affiliated with the government, ANYONE can claim to be Anon.. But there is ZERO evidence in this topic that proves it to be true.

Move along now.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591
Where have you come up with the idea that this privacy protection service is a front?
Skeptic is right you are off the beaten path with this.

just in case u have not been paying attention
and skipped to the last page.

I have a Anon domain hiding behind an
internet privacy company in Canada
that has a PO Box in Yarmouth NS.

I have an ATS member here who I have
been conversing with that has insider details
of that PO Box and says the contents of the
box is picked up by Canadian Military.

Since when did Canadian Military start
receiving mail for a privacy company ???
ESPECIALLY one that the hacker group
Anon is hiding behind.

No, I am NOT on the wrong track.

My witness in this case is on vacation
and is using his iPhone and will have to get back
home to his computer to send me details
of what else he knows about that PO Box.

Will keep you advised

boon

edit on 7/7/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
DURR

cool you found out all things about his whois privacy protection service company, but... you don't have anything about the guy who owns the domain. too bad...

fss34's twitter

(I obviously didn't read through all of this thread's responses becauses its uhh.. well can't say it.)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join