It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Vs. England!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I've always been a fan of these guys. They're funny funny people.

Usually they make the satire obvious...this time I'm not sure if this is a real interview or not. lol

Anyways enjoy ATS. I think it relates to this forum. If it doesn't then Mods feel free to move this post.
edit on 7/5/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
quite funny...........

what makes you yanks think that us brits could give a toss about your history anyway

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

I can tell it was supposed to be a stab at the British public schooling system but... that kid is about on par on American history with all the American high schoolers I run into these days. In that light, I'm pretty impressed he knew that much about a foreign nation. Most of us couldn't tell him that much about England.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
i didn't get it? even the thick british people aren't that stupid (well, to a point).
are they trying to make fun of the british education system? a nation that's constantly stereotyped as idiots, making fun of a nation that's stereotyped as being fairly intelligent.
ah i didn't get it.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

I fail to understand how you didn't get a joke.

A joke is just that...a joke.

- Drew

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
well,

why would we learn about American history in British schools,

in fact they dont even teach much about British history in our schools anymore haha

im surprised actually because i didnt take history as one of my options and i know the answer to most of those questions and i dont ever remember learning about most of it at school

good video btw was rather entertaining they should do one about the American school system

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

i could understand that they were having a try at satire, but their point wasn't very clear and imo wasn't very funny.
search 'Charlie Brooker' on youtube to see how it should be done.

edit on 5-7-2011 by neonitus because: cheese

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
americas education system is defo best

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I am sorry but I guess I do not get the joke either. As an American I can honestly say I know little about the Governments in Europe and how they work, I can not name anyone on their currencies, it just makes no sense. American kids right now could not even answer half those questions but some kid in Britain should? I just dont get the joke.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by gremlin2011
americas education system is defo best

www.youtube.com...

Gremlin2011

BRILLIANT !!!!!

(What's South Africa got to do with it ??)

PDUK

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749

I've always been a fan of these guys. They're funny funny people.

Usually they make the satire obvious...this time I'm not sure if this is a real interview or not. lol

Anyways enjoy ATS. I think it relates to this forum. If it doesn't then Mods feel free to move this post.
edit on 7/5/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

Smug Bearded Interviewing Twat........... I bet if I ask lots of questions whilst operating on a patient then I'm sure he would know all the correct answers to save the patients life !!

edit on 5-7-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Don't talk about Burnie like that.

Seriously don't. lol

top topics

join