Man Given Pancakes by UFO Occupants

page: 1
11
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This tale is pretty wild. Haven't seen this discussed before on ATS, and wish to have your thoughts on the case.

I thought it would be a fun discussion.

Thanks to all in advance!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


UFO CASE REPORT

Eagle River Close Encounter (man given 'pancakes' by UFO occupants)
Date: April 18, 1961
Location: Eagle River, Wisconsin, United States
Mr. Paul Simonton, a chicken farmer in Eagle River, Wisconsin saw a disc-shaped craft land vertically on his farm. A hatch opened, and when he approached he saw three human-looking men inside. They asked him for some water. They appeared to be cooking pancakes on a griddle, and in exchange for the water they gave him four of the pancakes from griddle. The episode survived a rigorous assessment by the U.S. Air Force and is carried in their files as "unexplained."

Believe the man or not? lol Can you imagine this happening to YOU?!

See full pg site details w/photos here along with other articles:
www.ufoevidence.org...

---------------------------------------------------------

An important clue to the meaning of these “engineered scenes” may be seen in an observation often made by careful observers of UFO phenomena, especially CE-III and “contactee” cases: that they are profoundly absurd, or contain at least as much absurdity as rationality. Individual “Close Encounters” have absurd details, like the four pancakes given by a UFO occupant to a Wisconsin chicken-farmer in 1961; one of the pancakes was actually analyzed by the Food and Drug Laboratory of the U.S. Department of Health, Education, and Welfare, and was found to be of terrestrial origin. More significantly, the encounters themselves are strangely pointless, without clear purpose or meaning. A Pennsylvania psychiatrist has suggested that the absurdity present in almost all UFO close encounters is actually a hypnotic technique. “When the person is disturbed by the absurd or contradictory, and their mind is searching for meaning, they are extremely open to thought transference, to receiving psychic healing, etc.” Dr. Vallee compares this technique to the irrational koans of Zen masters, and notices the similarity between UFO encounters and occult initiation rituals which “open the mind” to a “new set of symbols.” All this points to what he calls “the next form of religion.”


See full article here: www.holy-transfiguration.org...
edit on 5-7-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)




posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This is the most friendly encounter I've heard of.

Star for the laugh, thx for posting.



posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I am going to declare shenanigans on this one. Any life form smart enough to travel between stars would certainly be smart enough to avoid Wisconsin and instead land in Vermont, where everyone knows the dank real maple syrup comes from.



posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Three human looking men ,Hey? If they look human they probably are ,AWOL from the military base ,with the Generals personal flying disc and griddle.
Unexplained my a##



posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HenryPatrick
 


hahahahaha p.h.



posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HenryPatrick
 


hahahahaha p.h.



posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
No..........No they didn't



posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
LOL atleast they tried to feed him. This just reminded me that ALL encounters may not fall in the serious level of things (unless they were some genetic modifying pancakes) I wonder did he eat them or if they were takin in for evaluation.



posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by HenryPatrick
I am going to declare shenanigans on this one. Any life form smart enough to travel between stars would certainly be smart enough to avoid Wisconsin and instead land in Vermont, where everyone knows the dank real maple syrup comes from.


HA! They must've been from France 'cuz those aren't pancakes, they're crepes! Crepes are best served with Wisconsin sweet cream.




posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Hmmm.... More than likely the so-called "Norwegian" humanoid-looking aliens. Here's probably the pancake recipe they were using:

Norwegian pancakes

Sounds yummy.

There. Now it's all explained....



posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I bet this chicken farmer never existed, and that this case was created to give the UFO phenomena a ridiculous light. We are talking about the 60's after all.



posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I also claim hoax.. any advanced species that can travel across the galaxy would have a microwave or would have hit up a mcdonalds..

Imagine if it were true however...These things develop an advanced spacecraft yet they forgot water and still eat pancakes made on a griddle..



posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
im surpised it wasnt waffles they were cookin and asked the farmer for some chicken so they could have some chicken waffles



posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I read that story in an old Reader's Digest book on Unexplained Mysteries. They gave the recipe, they had it analyzed and it contained something like corn meal, fat and salt. The picture of the pancakes looked over done. If I was hungry enough I might have ate one.



posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap
 


I'll give you the 99% probability you are right, but the other 1%? I say it is fully within reason there was a grill on the craft where it was apparent that they were cooking pancakes, or pannykaken, as it is known to two people.
If we imagine similarities within ourselves and our visitors, it is not that hard to imagine the other-worldly nature of a good flap-jack now and then...I just see it as a definative yes, this story not only must be true - it HAS to be true...


ColoradoJens



posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
If you have ever tasted the pancakes cooked by my missus you would think they were very alien. They have been thrown out the kitchen window on a flying saucer on many occasion........But don't tell her........



posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
For some reason I could've sworn this case was from earlier than 1961. I thought it was sometime in the 19th century.



posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Maybe they were trying to imitate us humans...and make themselves breakfast.
Who to say they didn't brow all the ingredients from some-other farmer...who doesn't want to come-forth.
Anyways, I'm glad it was pancakes they were cookin and not' Human Ala King'...



posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I wonder what those pancakes tasted like. Although honestly, I wouldn't eat anything given to me in this fashion. Lol.


 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 



posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou
 



They appeared to be cooking pancakes on a griddle, and in exchange for the water they gave him four of the pancakes from griddle.


So they came here from the abyss of space to rustle up al fresco barbied pancakes
Uh huh.

He takes the biscuit (sorry, pancake) with that story hehe.






top topics



 
11
<<   2 >>

log in

join