It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs the government is preparing for a Cataclysm?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by youthsavior
reply to post by 8311-XHT

dont know if anyones mentioned it, but by eliminating congestion and the amount of people in stadiums, they are potentially saving upwards of 50,000 lives at each event, that is, if a disaster were to happen near one.

Great point. Also.. the way I look at it movies and sports is what they were emphasizing to take people's attention off of things we should have been paying attention to. But now they WANT us to focus on THEIR show. Just like 9-11 was a show they wanted us all to see. That is if it is man made though.

If it is natural then it also makes sense because like you say they want us at home and they know that they would take a bigger financial hit during all this time if things are running like normal.
edit on 6-7-2011 by 8311-XHT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The problem is quite simple. It is a combination of peak "easy oil", overpopulation, economic parity between East and West and an incompetent and out of control government. The problem is that the US is flat footed and off balance at the moment. China and India are pressing us by buying up more and more oil to support their industrializing economies. Their people are used to living on pennies and we are not. We are in a new labor market going head to head with economies that have no barriers, cheap labor and are supported by governments to win over economic sectors.

Easy oil is drying up. There is plenty of oil, but it is expensive to extract and refine. This is raising the costs of energy, food, and everything, driving inflation. The simultaneous real estate debacle in the US has bankrupted the nation. Millions of homes are foreclosed and sitting idle. The housing industry is not building, due to the extra inventory. People have no credit. Unemployment is on the rise because of the industrial issues and for every 6 new unemployed people another house is foreclosed. The government tried to spend us out of this spiral and it failed.

Now they are preparing for one of several things. Civil War in the United States. An abandonment of national debt, isolationism, or World War III. The government has no consensus and Obama is out if his element. He has no idea what to do and is waiting to be tossed out on 2012. The government is frozen and inactive because the congress cannot legislate without a president and vice-versa. There is a lot of work to be done to fix all of this, but our government lacks the tools and willpower to do this.

This is the precipice you are all describing.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Probably the fact that they put Obama in office. Pretty big sign that something bad is going to happen

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by PubertySpider001

After reading STATE13X's reply and video...Too bad when Nixon and Ford became President we didn't see it as a sign something bad was going to happen. It must be all the fluoride they pump us full of.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by PubertySpider001

Then what you are saying is the Obama is A Puppet of the powers at be?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
We need to try to think like themm..that's a scary place to go though.

I honestly suspect they have made space stations all over the solar system. If people were being ferried off Earth how might we be able to detect or track this? We should try to keep tabs on the people we know are involved and see if they go missing soon... or see if they prepare for the event in some way.
edit on 6-7-2011 by 8311-XHT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod

Given all the interesting stories about food shortages, drug shortages, seed vaults, etc and you think the end of the STS program and the NFL lookout is evidence? It is threads like this that just ruin this site, IMHO of course.

I don't think these claims are ludicrous.

And as other posters have noticed in various threads on this site the last year or so - the evidence is all around you that something is not right.

Some other antecdotal evidence that the government may be planning for an imminent doomsday/ELE:

- Grocery stores, Walmart, etc: There are many empty shelves or limited inventory. This could be because the government is buying stuff up or the powerful people that run these corporations know that time is limited and are refusing to increase stocking levels. Look around and you will notice the little things at these places - poor quality produce, rising prices for less portions, certain brands/products that have been 'backordered' for weeks or months.

- Extension of Unmployment through 2012: This one for me is a no brainer. There's no way the government would keep kicking the can down the road given the current debt and economic situation. And it's no coincidence that the federal UE benefit extensions (I.E. the '99ers') run out in Dec of 2012.

- State and Federal elimination of programs that assist the elderly and disableed: This includes both medical and financial assitance. When an ELE event happens, it's a no brainer that the week and elderly will not survive, nor are they needed if there is any attempt to preserve the human civilzation.

- Increase of 'No Fly Zones': This is yet another blatantly obvious hint that the government knows something is about to go down soon.

- FEMA hording: It's been well documented on this site that FEMA has been stockpiling everything from freeze dried food packets to 'underwater' coffins for months now. It's easy to say that the are simply just doing their jobs and preparing for the next Katrina type of event, but if you do the research they are cleaning out every possible outlet which includes companies that specifically provide survival gear and food items.

- Acceleration of underground bunker construction: This one pretty much speaks for itself.

I could list many other little things but any astute observer should know what is going on around them.

Also as for the NFL/NBA lockout situations - I do agree that it's very convenient given the timing of these. Let's not forget that professional sports is a multi-billion dollar business. One that many powerful people have a hand in so I don't think it's as far fetched as it sounds.
edit on 6-7-2011 by Disconnected Sociopath because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by matito
A lot of valid points have been made.

RE: UNDERGROUND BUNKERS

As for the secret underground bunkers. Well that is a making for a complete and utter failure. Imagine hundreds of egotistical and narcissistic elites huddled together in a closed environment with controlled rations and restrictions. No way to exercise their greedy self-absorbing habits. No grandiose comforts they are accustomed to.

That alone would be a making for disaster.

Then to top that off, surround these special "above the law" elites with a military command structure to maintain the peace and order. These same elites who before had complete freedom to do anything are now trapped in their own sealed underground prison without even a shopping mall.

I don't care how big or luxurious this underground paradise is. Any underground stay longer than 6 months is going to be virtually impossible. Quickly the command structure will be questioned, then order will collapse and then it will turn into complete chaos or imprisonment. Martial law will break out. They will become the sheep for a change. These are not going to be the people who will survive a catastrophic event.

Even if I was invited to an underground utopia on the eve of disaster, I would decline. I rather take my chances above ground than be stuck underground with the worst of the worst this world has to offer.

I would love to get a web cam down there though and watch as all hell break loose, scene by scene. That would be more entertaining that any reality TV show.

edit on 5-7-2011 by matito because:

Hiding deep underground or inside of a mountain is the last place I would want to be.

If you are religious the bible specifcally states that there will be no espcaping God's wrath and makes specific references (see Revelations) regarding the elite and powerful attempting to do despite the fact that every moutain and piece of land will be moved from it's place, which IMO is a direct reference to a pole shift.

If you aren't religious its scientific fact that the earth has gone through many violent seismic changes in the past and if we are on the horizon of a similar event, why on earth would you go underground as that would be the least safest place?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

edit on 6-7-2011 by sicktruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

The elite are using the abstract systems, as a means to bring our species onto a sustainable course. It's too late to ride this out without major repercussions. At this point in the game, it's not about what we really want to be, it's about what is, and how best we can mitigate the damage from all the "good days" we've had over the decades.

I agree that the elites may be attempting to bring our species onto a new sustainable course.
From the corrupt current course they designed and have led for hundred's of years.
A course they have greatly abused and have primarily benefited from.

I would like to emphasize this.

These same "elites" that are mitigating this dire situation are the same "elites" that caused this dire situation. You really want them to be the ones crawling out of their safe underground havens to wreak havoc on the planet once again?

Think about how life will be when there are 5,000 "elites" and only 500,000 "civilians".
Everyone and everything will be enslaved to them. Scary thought.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Disconnected Sociopath

Hiding deep underground or inside of a mountain is the last place I would want to be.

I agree...
Those who plan to go underground have a false sense of security and immortality.
They think that can break the laws of nature and survive any cataclysmic event underground.
It may be possible for minor and short lived events, yet for anything else, it would most likely fail.

edit on 6-7-2011 by matito because:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I wish others thought about such subjects besides looking down at their phones ALLDAY, texting, playing games, facebook (during working hours)! and engrossed by: The bachelor, bachelorette, The Voice America's got talent, American Idol, blah..blah...blah....

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I agree... something is up!!!

edit on 6-7-2011 by sicktruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I think some of it is being orchastrated. Why all of a sudden are there going to be no more shuttles?
It could be something that does not have an exciting ring to it like lack of funds to
too much pollution generated by big rockets..( ie: protect our ozone at all costs for when there is
a solar event ).
If they were going to make sure we stayed in space in one form or another then would they
not need some kind of shuttles going back and forth. This one has me worried. I'm not quick and in the know
it just rings some kind of alarm bell inside.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Kind of makes you wonder if this is the reason the are shutting down OTC Gold and Silver trading on July 15th (in USA). Transmutation of metals in to silver and gold is a handy trick to obtain money and power. Greedy bastards don't want to lose control until the very end..
edit on 6-7-2011 by Mizzijr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
In my little corner of the world, I too feel like things are about to change. The weather, the sky, the animals, people's attitudes and more seem to be changing. Sometimes, I feel anxious and scared. However, I welcome the change that may be coming. For me, the way the people live on this planet is unsustainable. In many ways, we have lost our humanity. 15-year-old girls prosecuted for a miscarriage, rapes, bombings and more clearly show that we need to acquire a new level of compassion and awareness for our fellow human beings around the globe. I believe something is coming. I also believe there are worse things in this world than death. I am not sure there is awareness after death but I hope there is. Bring on the changes. Let's hope we all survive the ride.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

You said you thought "a cataclysm ...will come this year. I think the Freemasons choose dates with 11 knowing that something was coming in 2011."

If you want to find out the really fascinating significance of the number 11, you should read the Genesis Grid by P. M. Woolford. (this chap is being interviewed on the X-zone regularly) He has discovered that two entities from the Universe have given clues to their identity, which are the numbers 11 and 7 and the Sun and the Moon, amongst many other pointers. Woolford also explains a pattern of 444, which links a number of events with a common theme of 'power'. All of these patterns and others point to something significant about to happen THIS YEAR: specifically in the night of 29 September. I've read the book twice and I am still digesting it, and I have become an intrigued listener to his interviews on X-zone radio.

September is going to be a very busy month for planet earth: the Palestinians are going to have their call for independence voted on by the UN, with the potential to create havoc and possibly widespread wars in the Middle East and beyond (much worse than we have seen so far), two meteors are coming our way and will be crossing paths pretty close to our little planet, the Vatican is planning to spring some surprises on us, and probably plenty more to keep the newspapers busy writing screaming headlines.

It will not be the end of the world, but the underlying theme is going to be a major deception of some sort. I for one plan to stay up that night, glued to the television as well as internet. If we have our power supplies intact. Oh and that night also happens to be the night after the Feast of Trumpets, or Rosh Hashanah.

Woolford is also the first person ever to crack the pattern in the number pi. Watch him. He's interesting.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It's a feeling kind of like the old saying "there's something in the air" It's like you just can't put you finger on it, but things this whole year have just been strange. I thought it was just me, so glad to see others feel the same. It has IMO, been an unusual year.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaTime
I tend to agree. It feels like we're on the precipice of an event horizon, like the last note before the jack-in-the-box pops up. I did quite a bit of research on events and found out that there is an absolution of cycles within cycles. Whether it be solar cycles, earth cycles, global event cycles, galaxy cycles, climatological cycles, and so on. There are so many different cycles around us, but what I noticed is that we are soon to see a merging of many cycles at one time. I won't go into any specifics as there are dozens of cycles ranging from lunar to galaxy wide. Going into specifics will only encourage a railroad debate on which one is 'THE' one. I will say this. We are at a zero point for a 63million, 600,000, 100,000, 13,000, 1,500, 22 year and other cycles. They all correllate with a series of prophesies already noted in this thread. In knowing this, I do indeed feel there is an event pending, and this was without the downward spiralling human events like an over-escalating technology, dying industrialism, economic bubbles everywhere, foolish wars for global resources, imperialism, unsustainable overpopulation, and the like.
I'm not a chicken little or a doomsdayer, but in analysis of these timetables, we're in for one hell of a ride....

I think you might be on to something. When I read biblical (and other) prophecy, I think to myself "Is this really a spooky foretelling of a clairvoyant nature that can't be explained, or is this simply describing something that has happened many times in the past and will happen again?"

Perhaps the book of Revelation is describing past cyclical events and what to expect the next time it happens.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Where are you going with this? It seems very disconnected and quite hard to read. You may be excited about the topic but you have to still tell a coherent story.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join