It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#IdiotCops Destroying Fireworks (July 2011)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Those poor poor fireworks.

These confiscated fireworks were exploded in the most environmentally friendly way possible.

Not to mention they could have donated them to a charity show.

#CopsHerpingTheirDerps

Does this make anyone else sad? lol

One of my favorite comments from the video:

Boom...There goes the OZONE Layer

edit on 7/5/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Why're they idiots? Im assuming where they confiscated them it is illegal to have them, and they then have to dispose of them, and ignition is one of the easiest ways to do this

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

I too, was going to post this video. My title was along the lines of, "Waaaa-waaaa! Toys taken by big boys and blown up! Thank GOD for AMERICA!" I cried a tear watching those go up. My boys would have fainted if I had that load on the 4th...hey guys, close your eyes! Suprise! 500 pounds of the BEST stuff!!!!
Nanny state to the max. Matches are next.

CJ

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by chancemusky

Valid point. They're idiots because they wasted all of those fireworks...also it wasn't very environmentally friendly.

I just love me some fireworks. Sad to see them go like that.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I though fireworks were expensive.

They could have at least saved them until the 4th and put on a show in a big safe parking lot or something

Crazy.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
You gotta love in these states where fireworks in America on the 4th of July are illegal.

They should change "Independence Day" to "Ludicrous Contradiction Day."

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Haha yeah this video made my face sad. I mean all jokes aside the serious topic would be what better way they could have disposed of them.

I'd be interested in knowing the NYPD laws on fireworks. What kinds were confiscated. I mean it couldn't have been anything super bad other wise they would have detonated them differently.
edit on 7/5/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

That's what I'm saying.

Seems like such a huge waste.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

If I were a cop I'd confiscate all those fireworks and blow them up as well. Only I'd wait till it was a bit darker. And I'd be grilling some burgers and drinking a beer while watching (which hey, they might have been!)

link   
Reminds me of reno 911

link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

In that case I wouldn't have been as mad. Maybe a little jelly that they didn't share the fireworks with me. lol

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
HAHA that made me laugh. It was almost as good as that scene from a documentary I saw about growing pot in northern California. The cops confiscate TONS of it and burn it behind a chain link fence while everyone stands around getting high!

I think that water would have defused those pesky fireworks, but I guess that isn't good for the environment either.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
To people who say "nanny state" and that sort of argument, you have no idea how dangerous they are in some states. The dryness, drought, and other factors make it a giant risk. Some years its allowed when conditions are right, sometimes they aren't. Get over it, no one wants to burn down more forests.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Colorado - check out how dry it is in the middle of my street behind my house. How about lighters? Cigarettes?

CJ

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

no one wants to burn down more forests.

I do.

Problem?

Fireworks are fun. Don't like it....then go celebrate with your....how do you celebrate without fireworks again? I guess we could shoot guns.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Those don't land in brush areas as much as a firework would. And in mountainous areas, many huge fires started from one or 2 cigs. At least with cigs though, you can control where it goes.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

So, you know most things that move through the mountains are capable of bursting into flames due to the gas...should we ban cars, blow them up too?
DJCJ

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Capable of combusting? Yes. Designed to combust in a giant fireball? No. Thats the difference.

top topics

join