It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert! Bill S.978 Will Shut Down Gaming Videos and Streams

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Alert Bill S.978

This bill will end gaming, movies, music forever, and E3 videos on streaming video sites will get you into Jail! this is madness fan of the video games or not this bill must be stopped.

Watch this Video and Tell and urge your Congressman, Senator to stop this bill, its a threat to our freedoms, this bill will give more powers to the corporations.

So much for the claim we live in a democratic society and is anyone here surprised the way the mainstream has been avoiding this bill?

Link 1

Bill Will send americans to Jail Card

Bye Bye streaming forever
Please spread this information to anyone you know
edit on 5-7-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 7/7/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
They'll probably also try to use this to shut down netflix. I heard a rumor that the majority of internet activity in the evenings is netflix, who knows if it is true or not but it is basically becoming the next version of television.

This may also explain why Lulzsec targeted Sony, is it really just a coincidence that Lulzsec targeted the gaming video sites as well as the federal government trying to shut down gaming sites? Strange bedfellows that hacker and government are.
edit on 5-7-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I hope this bill does not pass.

They to need stop restricting the Freedoms on the Internet.

And this is a huge part of Freedom of Information on the internet.
edit on 5-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

still this is so wrong in so many ways

First the Light Bulb Ban
And Now Streaming?

Whats next comics and mangas banning?

This needs stop.

link   

What you mean is people will not be able to stream other peoples streams illegally any longer?

No offense but I dunno what is right.

For example I like wrestling. Every month I watch it streaming (the PPV) on Justin TV. I know this is not necessarily legal but there isn't laws sufficiently punishing those that do it.

I don't see EPIC Games suing someone for playing UT3 and posting it.

I am sure this law is no more intrusive than other copyright laws, right?

Or am I missing something here?

link   

I wouldnt doubt it... Netflix is cheap as hell, and tons of quality shows on insta watch...

Gonna check out the source links a while on this topic... Seems pretty evil though

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

First the Light Bulb Ban
And Now Streaming?

This needs stop.

The lightbulb ban makes sense. Now that new light bulbs that last months (if not years) and use one tenth of the energy?

It just friggen makes sense wouldn't you say?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mudbeed

First the Light Bulb Ban
And Now Streaming?

This needs stop.

The lightbulb ban makes sense. Now that new light bulbs that last months (if not years) and use one tenth of the energy?

Wow what a government supporter you are

The light bulb ban makes no sense, those New CFLS are expense as hell and there light is dangerous for the eyes and since when the government has a right telling us or the public on what light bulbs to use?

And also the new CFLs dont save any energy savings, nice try though.
The government has no right telling the public what to do.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I can't afford cable plus I don't watch a lot of TV. I have netflixes and I wonder how this would effect them? I think they buy licenses so they can stream the movies/shows? It is crazy because now the internet has bandwidth caps that limit peoples usage of netflix and you tube. Why does it seem the government and big business is both going after internet TV or enertianment. What is their agenda?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

First the Light Bulb Ban
And Now Streaming?

This needs stop.

following this logic trucks and SUV's should be illegal and everyone should be driving a hybrid prius...

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

What you mean is people will not be able to stream other peoples streams illegally any longer?

No offense but I dunno what is right.

For example I like wrestling. Every month I watch it streaming (the PPV) on Justin TV. I know this is not necessarily legal but there isn't laws sufficiently punishing those that do it.

I don't see EPIC Games suing someone for playing UT3 and posting it.

I am sure this law is no more intrusive than other copyright laws, right?

Or am I missing something here?

Ok enough with insults on my english even your english sounds bad so grow up on that, and yes thats what i said if you cant understand English.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

First the Light Bulb Ban
And Now Streaming?

This needs stop.

Sure! Let me take out this perfectly safe and harmless lightbulb and replace it with one filled with mercury. Its okay that Ill have to risk my life everytime I turn on the lights as long as Im going green! Who cares about Capitalism?!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

First the Light Bulb Ban
And Now Streaming?

This needs stop.

Just wait till you break one in your house. Then and only then will you know why they are so bad. And they don't last years, like they claim.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

It doesn't make sense to force people to buy more expensive products or to not give people any other choice. The government is going too far with these riduclous bills. If netflix goes under due to this and DTV on attena is pretty bad I will have no other choice but to get some form of cable if I want to watch TV.
For basic cable it is $20 and that is basically half your locals,(just the standard channels, not the -2 or -3 that you get with attenna);plus one or two cable channels. This does not even include metro weathe at channel 20 because it cuts off at channel 19! To get the metro weather a person would have to upgrade to the next package fo $20 more.
I guess I really don't need TV that bad too bad I put over $1,000 on these fancy new LCD tvs. I will just watch my DVDs and the few attena channels that actually do not break up.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

YES!! This is how america was supposed to be!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand

First the Light Bulb Ban
And Now Streaming?

This needs stop.

Just wait till you break one in your house. Then and only then will you know why they are so bad. And they don't last years, like they claim.

Actually, they do last years, like they claim.
I had one in my home office that was on 24/7 for 2 years before burning out.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This is just another attempt of stopping people to communicate, quick, easy and freely.

Since the Egypt "revolution" is every government in shock and are preparing/trying to find ways to control every kind of MASS communication.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SpongeBeard

Actually, they do last years, like they claim. I had one in my home office that was on 24/7 for 2 years before burning out.

Sure they do last years why not prove it? i had these light bulbs and they dont last years like they claim, i even had horrible headaches because of them.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Your title is all wrong. It should read "ILLEGAL Gaming Videos and Streams". Read the Bill.

This is like saying you're pissed off that the corner store got security cameras and you can no longer shoplift there.

Why should honest people care if they are tightening up the laws to stop dishonest people from stealing? Who cares what thieves want.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Does nay one remember the old monochrome monitors? Well that is the future of the net. No pictures or videos or anything like that. Just monochrome type text and even that will be limited to what can be sent and received.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join