It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clear Sign the End of the World is Nigh!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
National Underwear Day!

As if there isn't enough to convince us that the culture has gone to the dogs, along comes this. Of course, we have seen all the young dudes sporting their boxers with their pants below their buttocks and the nine-year old girls showing off their bra staps and their thongs for quite a while now, but having someone actually declare such a thing and have the media give it coverage has to be a new low. God bless America.

I wonder if this is the day that all West Virginians change their underwear?
Just kidding! Some of my best friends have been from West (by God!) Virginia.
Okay! I take it back.

[edit on 04/8/11 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Wow thats odd. But every day off is national underwear day for me

On a more serious note, I find this rather pathetic. You do have a point about young people today but their clothes are just the half of it. It seems that all young people today have no respect for anything and learn to swear as early as kindergarden!! I myself have had a few occasions were a kid nor more than 6 swore at me and made fun of my momma
I dont know what this could mean but my son sure seems very taken aback. He told me of one instance were he almost got into a fight with another kid over a spot in a line for computers. The kid started to strangle him from behind and he supposedly threw him over his back and then the lunch teacher stopped them.

Anyway this national underwear day things seems completely stupid, although i will go outside to see if anyone is following it in edmonton

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I think a lot of it has to do with the lack of supervision most kids have now. I'm not advocating a return to the past by any means, but kids are left to their own devices more and more these days with two parents working and in many cases, not caring what their kids do.

It all begins at home. I think we've become such a politically correct, touchy, feely society that we forget what real discipline should be and the long term positive affect it can have on children. I don't mean physical punishment either, I'm talking about real involvement in a childs life that is sustained and consistent. For example, most parents don't know what their kids are doing online because a lot of them don't even know what a Start button is much less how to monitor their childrens use of one. Examples like this one are endless.

Just a thought.

[edit on 11-8-2004 by Weller]

new topics

join