It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Reality: CoIntelPro, Shills, Freemasons, and Socks: The Definitive Guide

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

edit on 5-7-2011 by Renew because: post reference removed, comment void

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Define what you believe to be "quite frequently."

Well I would consider any indication of it to be too frequent at all, regardless of the time between the events. I'm simply saying that it happens enough, where it is noticeable, sometimes it could be a remarkable coincidence, other times I wonder. It's hard to pin down because when it happens, its usually the result of a few people working together, either willfully or just by way of people getting swept up in strong opinions and not realizing their actions are representing their stance. It's hard to make decisions when engulfed in flames.

Link to an example?

I haven't seen any lately, but 'post-deletion minefields' occur often enough, especially in the "core topics" like abortion, death-penalty and stuff like that. People get fired up, and whether their opinions are laced with vitriol, or they are simply being off-topic, it's hard to know, because when you go into these threads its just deletions everywhere. So it's off-putting from the start, because you can't feel like your opinions are going to matter, or you feel like you're missing something.

I don't understand why moderators can't simply cherry-pick the vitriol from the post, i.e. the personal insults, leave the constructive opinion, and then paste a generic "Removed personal attacks from post, stay civil."

Of course, we would all complain (me included probably
) that all the "Line REDACTED" is creepy.

I suppose it could be considered a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't, but ATS is original (to me) in the way it moderates, and that leads to a lot of disruption, in and of itself.

To reiterate, I don't think it's part of any agenda, per se. I think it's just the games that some people like to play.
edit on 5-7-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
While i have no reason to suspect ATS owners and/or moderators of intentionally misleading persons for the benefit of TPTB i have no doubt there exist within ATS members who do.
They usually work in small groups, appearing in existing threads that are gaining momentum to defend the official line.
It is the same members repeatedly there to back each other up on anything anti government or anti NASA.
They know who they are and im sure im not the only one here who is aware of their obvious agenda.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Please entertain these thoughts of mine...

Is this tolerance of dissension or a warning in an effort to quell it?

Apologies if I now feel as if talking about ATS=.GOV = Vulgarity = Hate speech = Drugs = Deleted and/or Banned...

I am positive that this list will grow as true intolerance walks hand in hand with ignorance.

Will they censor the word SMOKE? How about the word FINEST? Perhaps the word GREEN offends them?
If Websters proclaims a few hundred new words as "Profane" will "spiders" seek them out and delete them or add astericks, mods delete posts etc etc?

Based upon my observation of the Power and some simple comments made by staff and owners I will now proclaim this an OLIGARCHY

3 Amigos would be more like 3 Kings and the Moderators are like Barons.

Trying to be perfectly honest, no malicious intent.

Some of us have come to fight for RIGHTS regardless of where we are...... Cyberspace is no different and those who expected all of us to be obediant zombies by now have either underestimated the will power of the people or overestimated the power of their oppressors.

It is these people who do not understand... The cold water that keeps you from going for the banana is of no concern to monkeys of this type........

I do not see what is so hard about that to understand...

If it is to be imagined...... "ATS IS A GOVERNMENT WEBSITE" then we will imagine it, ponder it, probe it and more then anything.... more then anything.... when the site owners start "taking offense", starting threads meant solely to quell any "fears" etc etc and most importantly, when they feel the need to personally deny that ATS is .GOV..... You should have guessed it.... We expected you to say that as if, If ATS truly was .GOV you would tell us... I mean come on!!!

A conspiracy site?
Whats the opposite of a conspiracy site?
Anti Conspiracy site.... yeah thats more like it.... ATS is an ANTI conspiracy site.
I have never been in a place of such a contradictory nature and I believe that is why I stay, for now, pure amazement...

To those of you who are of the opinion to BAN members for having the opinion that ATS = .GOV

You are like the truly Ignorant masses of people voicing their uneducated opinions on the news today who do not understand the law and why Casey Anthony was not found guilty of Murder or Manslaughter yet Boy Oh Boy you folks sure make up the mass of the people out there... leaving me to the conclusion that a true political DEMOCRACY would be a real nightmare...at least at this evolutionary juncture...

You ever watch those crazy movies where the actors seem like they are VERY INTOXICATED ON SOME SUBSTANCE MADE IN A LAB THAT CAUSES PEOPLE TO LOSE TRACK OF TIME AND SPACE?

A paradigm shifts and so does the attention of the lunatic mob, type movies?

Yeah... thats the unsettling feeling that threads like this one provides yet perhaps it is right to be so

Look!!! Holy Smokes what is that!!!!!?????

*looks terrified while pointing at something behind you*
*backs away slowly making no sudden movements*

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
I don't understand why moderators can't simply cherry-pick the vitriol from the post, i.e. the personal insults, leave the constructive opinion, and then paste a generic "Removed personal attacks from post, stay civil."

I'll address that.

Mainly because then there's no incentive to be civil for those whose preference and natural inclination is to not be. Those who want to have their thoughts considered (and hopefully that's why most of us are here) can do it right, or do it over. There's no incentive to do it right the first time especially for those whose primary objective is to disrupt and stir it up just for the sake of stirring it.

The hope is, post removal is enough of a disincentive to not repeat the infraction. For those who need additional disincentive, we can provide that as well.

There's frequently sufficient lag time between an infraction and an action. If all it ever was was an edit, the prevailing attitude would be, "At least the jerk I wanted to see it, saw it".

Yes, sometimes we do an edit. There's no "one size fits all". But we're not in the habit of repeatedly micro editing posts for T&C compliance. A person who has a post removed still has the opportunity to repost, with a T&C compliant version, if it matters enough to them. of course, it'll be in a different position in the thread. If it doesn't matter enough to the member to do it right the first time, or do it over themselves, then I'm not sure why we should care more than they do.

I hope that makes some sense.
edit on 7/5/2011 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Maybe topics like inside the CIA, the Masons, and other stories percieved
targeted by moderators, are being publically amputated and saved for regurgitation
by the priviledged few members of R.A.T.S. (really above top secret).
Otherwise what's the point of it all, right?
They have to have something to conspire about.

And they have moved on to the next lair of the turnip.
We are probably looked upon as children.
Without access to other deeper lairs of truth, we, by definition are viewed
as beings of limited intelligence.
And we will be thought of so.

Everybody needs to start talking about the nazis (and the vatican and the german U.K. monarchy)
forth reich and infiltration into the heart of governments and big business
across the world. The vatican helped top nazis escape to north and south
America during and after WW2 (Italy (the vatican) with Moussilini were
allies of the nazis for most of the war). The C.I.A. is a nazi organisation,
founded by nazis. NASA is a nazi organisation which sells fakery as reality to
the general public, behind the front, engaged in a darker secretive paradigm.
(under the auspices of the US NAVY).
Top masons hold top positions in Everything.
The Jews are high level patsies.
All roads lead to a dark rome.
The holy roman empire reunited and larger than ever.
History, as we know it, is a complete lie.

p.s. I notice jim fetzers (one of the smartest around) latest thread on
9/11 Fakery was deleted.
Typical BS.
edit on 5-7-2011 by pshea38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
While i have no reason to suspect ATS owners and/or moderators of intentionally misleading persons for the benefit of TPTB i have no doubt there exist within ATS members who do.
They usually work in small groups, appearing in existing threads that are gaining momentum to defend the official line.
It is the same members repeatedly there to back each other up on anything anti government or anti NASA.
They know who they are and im sure im not the only one here who is aware of their obvious agenda.

Absolutely Agree.
I encountered the UNITED FRONT OF ATS MASONS or at least that is what I will call them

Odd as they always expect us to use Pike against them.... hilarious.

I have seen "favorites" making one liner posts OVER and OVER again whereas I say something alittle derogatory and blamo yet Thats Fine!!! as I like to have a good reason to go "drama queen" on folks from time to time

Without being paranoid I am of the mind to believe that those of our ilk will not be tolerated indefinately thus good to see you here BROTHER or SISTER, here resisting the force and the flow of this "stream", for now...

________
Uh oh.... having more of those things called thoughts....

Hey, come to think of it, some of what I just re-read sounds oddly familiar as the last "good" site I was part of, one owner said "I could have been head of GOLDMAN SACHS CYBER SECURITY yet I SAW THE EVILS OF THE INDUSTRY AND TURNED TO OTHER FORMS OF MAKING MONEY"

This is where the saying "beware the familiar" comes into play isnt it? yet I wasnt suppose to remember or even be aware of that very old bit of wisdom was I?

Yep! must be paranoia... so wheres my check?

The .GOV could use ATS like a puppet on strings without anyone at ATS even being aware of it... pfffft.....
You want pages and pages of data to prove how truly vulnerable ALL networks are?
Not only to .GOV but groups like ANON etc etc?
They only prove it daily...

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

Wow, where you born as a twin but told that your other twin died?
Seriously because thats really creepy

I mean seriously

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Originally posted by martiendejong
some one took the time to make this: atswatch.com...
Are they just feeding off of ATS' popularity?

Thanks so much for that contamination attempt!

Yes, thank you, luckily my antivirus stopped the browser injection. So, not only are they feeding off lies about ATS, but spreading malware/virus/trojan as well.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
I'm simply saying that it happens enough, where it is noticeable,

Good. That's the intent, to demonstrate that our excellent staff is on top of things and handling the issues.

People get fired up, and whether their opinions are laced with vitriol, or they are simply being off-topic, it's hard to know, because when you go into these threads its just deletions everywhere. So it's off-putting from the start, because you can't feel like your opinions are going to matter, or you feel like you're missing something.

Yes you are missing something, and it's a shame that some people can't express their opinions without violating some aspect of the Terms & Conditions that really only define civility and manners.

We tried simple warning flags.

We tried editing out portions of posts.

But in the end, things improved greatly with the potential of an entire post being removed as the deterrent. And generally, in our experience, only the people with a desire to be uncivil complain about it.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OverMan
Is this tolerance of dissension or a warning in an effort to quell it?

Did I not make myself clear? I thought I did.

Will they censor the word SMOKE?

That's a big fat irrelevant and totally contrived conclusion you've attempted to jump to.

Based upon my observation of the Power and some simple comments made by staff and owners I will now proclaim this an OLIGARCHY

While not incorrect, I prefer benevolent dictatorship.

Some of us have come to fight for RIGHTS regardless of where we are

You have no "rights" here. This is a private venue and your membership is at the whim of our indulgence -- defined with exceptional clarity by the Terms & Conditions.

"ATS IS A GOVERNMENT WEBSITE" then we will imagine it, ponder it, probe it

Sure.

But when you come to my place of business and call myself and my friends cheats and liars in a public pronouncement for all to see now and in the future -- you can damn well expect to see me being in your face and pissed.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

while i am on your side skeptic overlord, don't forget that ATS's members are ATS.

you don't have ATS without us, and our threads and our posts....

and we don't have ATS without you....

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
don't forget that ATS's members are ATS.

And likewise, don't forget that we assume the vast majority of ATS members join because of our Terms & Conditions and our staff that works hard to enforce them. Everything we do is for the generally silent majority of members who keep posting away and never get involved insulting the owners and staff.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Skeptic Overlord, I'm very new, but I haven't bought into 'ATS is infiltrated/controlled by (whatever alpahbet soup) agency'. What would they hope to gain here by doing so? Who are we, the members, going to influence that would worry the government? Many topics talked about here, would and is, be laughed at by many people. ATS provides a place to talk where we don't have to be afraid of ridicule. Would the government really think we need to be watched, lest we incite a revolt or something? I wouldn't think they care about us that much. If its fear we are exposing a 'real' covered up conspiracy, how many people (out there) would really believe it? Too many people just blindly trust the govt and won't be influenced by any of us. So even if a govt agency was monitoring the site, I can't think they would find it too useful.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by Pimander On the other hand, I think you may underestimate the scope of some operations.

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
But in his professional life, his specific expertise has afforded him a rather high civilian security clearance, and an occasional presence in meetings that involve the types of agencies/task-forces who would be assigned to "monitor" people online. His take-away: the agencies who would do such a thing are so under-funded, under-staff, over-worked and lacking both appropriate technology and skilled IT people. The good news for us is that they're really not a threat. The bad news for us is that these are also the people tasked with cyber security against outside threats to the nation. Think about that.

Specifically This part.

His take-away: the agencies who would do such a thing are so under-funded, under-staff, over-worked

Is this why the Mods are Volunteers?

Sorry i just had to

The new avatar u have is funny

edit on 5-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jb1958
I haven't bought into 'ATS is infiltrated/controlled by (whatever alpahbet soup) agency'. What would they hope to gain here by doing so?

Thanks.

However, the general theory of "what would they gain" goes something like this:
1) immediate access to breaking conspiracy concepts and origins of theories
2) real-time information on the IPs and email addresses of people discussing #1
3) real-time links to other sources discussing #1
4) real-time analytics information on other sites linking-in to ATS
5) building a massive psychographic profile and predictive CHAID array of persons and their interests
6) using the data from #5, begin deploying custom-design disinformation that fools everyone
--- and so on ---

But the people seeking to "gain" something are those attempting to perpetuate the lies. They fall into a few groups:

1) Disgruntled banned former member: Going back to the inherent ego of conspiracy theorists, it validates their self-importance to perpetuate lies that they were banned because they "got too close to the truth," and since ATS = CIA, they were banned.

2) Jealous miscreants: Everyone has encountered one of "those" people who dislike and harshly critique anything not their own. Associating ATS with nefarious government shadow figures is the ultimate harsh critique.

3) Trolls and jackasses: These are people just looking to get a rise and engage in Internet role playing as a form of entertainment. 99.99% of what they do online would never cross their mind in real life.
edit on 5-7-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Excellent post Skeptic.

To add, in my view, anyone that throws the old accusation your way should be encouraged to leave the site.

You are providing a service and the very audacity of 'biting the hand that feeds you' makes me sick to the stomach.

If someone is convinced that AboveTopSecret is a government front or what not, they should follow their convictions and beliefs and find another site.

I find it very rude to level these sorts of accusations, while not contributing a dime to the site and demanding a response.

Only my opinion.

Keep up the great work, it is appreciated.

Regards, Skellon.
edit on 5-7-2011 by Skellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I didn't appreciate those survey questions which were anti-Obama.
Nor did I appreciate that the surveys were over before I had a chance to answer them.

I also don't appreciate the continual disinformation that I see everywhere such as the poor don't pay taxes.
It was suggested that conservatives are allowed to post here from other forums.

So am I seeing a conspiracy?

What I'm trying to say is that all my life I have known most conspiracy theorists and UFO fans to be very Progressive, pro-Union, and against the exploitation of labor in the world.

I see a lot of people here who I also note on right-wing conservative forums.

edit on 6-7-2011 by ren1999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join