It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Reality: CoIntelPro, Shills, Freemasons, and Socks: The Definitive Guide

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I have news for you all. Every walk of life has shills in it, not necessarily from "the government." Take five people on a desert island and you will have four of them involved in a scam and one of them seeking the Light, being persecuted. That is how it is. Saying that ATS has shills (it does) but then ignoring the shills at your local grocery store or bird watching club is naive.

Just be in Love for people and you will break through the prison. The job of the shill is to keep you in prison. Don't make their jobs easier by imprisoning yourself in hate.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by reitze

Should you have other questions or concerns about these legal policies, please send us an email using our Contact Form.

Written queries may be sent to:
The Above Network, LLC
15111 North Hayden Road, Suite 160-156
Scottsdale, AZ 85260.

It was also edited in 2011........

So if you have all those questions,why dont you just email them?

Or do you expect them to answer EVERY post or thread OR question on ATS ?

A simple search,and all your questions should be answered,concerning the rules here.

22) Disclaimer: TAN does not and cannot review all of the content of every message Posted and does not accept responsibility for the contents of any messages. We reserve the right to delete any message and/or restrict Posting rights on the message board for any reason whatsoever. Should you continue to Post messages that violate these Terms and Conditions of Membership, your account may be terminated, your ability to access to the Websites may be restricted or blocked, and your service provider(s) may be contacted about your behavior. Furthermore, TAN expressly reserves the rights under the law to take any other actions deemed necessary.

Cant spell it out,any more clearly for you.

We reserve the right to delete any message and/or restrict Posting rights on the message board for any reason whatsoever.

You might not like it,you might want an explanation of it,but them are the rules.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by reitze
It maybe simpler for you than me. IDK who the staff is. Was there a thread where they introduced themselves? I like to think the quality of my posts is why I have the W, K scores I have --- its not that long that I've been here. I also liked to think that my value per the ATS POV was represented in points - and was quite shocked after a month of contributing getting a gr8 score to see it go negative with just one post.

edit on 4/20/2012 by reitze because: +PS2

All staff members started out as regular members and happened on ATS just like you and everyone else. Their posting histories are there for all to see, and you can easily see their progression and history on ATS and perhaps get to know them... And yes, many of them have intro threads.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by reitze

PS: I don't remember signing any "agreement"... there may have been some signup page but I don't remember anything that covers this level of nuances.

Before they accept your registration there is a line that usually says:"i have read and agree with the terms and conditions" or something similar with a live link to the T&C page.You have to tick the little box next to it so you can continue with the registration.Since you can't put your signature online,by ticking the above statement means that you agree with TC.You should have read them before you went on.What if they said that from the moment you register they would own your property and every first day of the month you must sacrifice someone.Would you agree with that?
If you didn't read the TC it's your problem not ATS's.

Like having threads about the PIG genocide but not 420... and why

Ok ,forgive my ignorance,but what is 420?

or who the staff and mods are in a list with get-to-know their biases/values

You want a date with them before you stop believing that they aren't secret agents?Besides if you want to get to know someone you search his/her's posting history.Even then i think some people will start interprinting words the way they see fit.

Why it is so hard for some people to just follow some simple rules?What is so complicated about it?Think ATS as a hotel(except we don't pay for our stay here).When you go in a hotel and they tell you that you cannot smoke in the room,you respect it and you don't.When here they tell you that you cannot talk about,let's say drugs,because the conversation ends up with some members talking about drug use and how cool is that,they will ban the entire subject.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some subjects became forbidden for discussion,because members don't know how to behave.
With the current situation with the internet laws,some agencies may look for a reason to close down websites and forums.If they find some "illegal" activity they may as well close down ATS as well.Do you want that?

Anyway this is getting too serious and boring for my taste.So have a nice day.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
i seriously wish this rumour/accusation would die already, its driving me mad everytime i see a new post about it i want to scream ITS A HOAX PERPRITRATED BY AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE, but alas it doesnt matter how many times it is explained someone is always going to belive it. The way i see it is this: if you truly belive that this site cia (or whatever other letter of the alphabet you choose) and your flabbergasted, shocked etc by it then why my friends are you still here, interacting with said agents of disinfo and debunkery every day

If the fbi, cia, nsa and everyone else wanted to find you trust me my friends they already know were u are

anyone enough of the silliness, let the shenanigans begin

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

reply to post by Gemwolf

reply to post by Phantom traveller

Thanks for your inputs. Please realize I've not been "complaining" but rather attempting to answer the OP question - as to why the speculations of ATS "CoIntelPro" persist. So thanks for the contact address - though I don't feel any need for it. Forums like these more than answer more than was of much importance to me personally. The benefit though is not only did I gain answers to concerns regarding ATS, I've gained even more respect for ATS and its staff. Thanks for that.

I think the sort of things I've mentioned are mostly matters of awkwardness getting acclimated here - with so much to read, so many sub-forums, so many topics in the T&C, so many "actions" that don't make immediate sense, ... there's a human nature to SPECULATE the unknowns. And with the theme of ATS being so much about unknowns there's obviously some awkwardness in both speculations and topics of considerable censorship like "420". Oh and sorry if my reference to that was unclear, "420" is the counter culture holiday of today that began in California where the state and the fed govt have opposing laws.

Thanks for making ATS what it is and continued efforts like these to continue its growth and improvements.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ronishia
i seriously wish this rumour/accusation would die already, its driving me mad everytime i see a new post about it i want to scream ITS A HOAX PERPRITRATED BY AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE, but alas it doesnt matter how many times it is explained someone is always going to belive it. The way i see it is this: if you truly belive that this site cia (or whatever other letter of the alphabet you choose) and your flabbergasted, shocked etc by it then why my friends are you still here, interacting with said agents of disinfo and debunkery every day

If the fbi, cia, nsa and everyone else wanted to find you trust me my friends they already know were u are

anyone enough of the silliness, let the shenanigans begin

Obviously the "joke" hits some a little too "close to home" so as not to be "funny" any more.

I'm guessing part of that is the appearance of similarity between some of the ATS's sensitivities and the CIA/ CoIntelPro/ whatever group's interests. And I don't have the impression anyone's flabbergasted, shocked etc. Rather there's a large audience here with interests that are often directly opposed to those groups interests leading to threads and posts being stopped and warnings/violations being issued. The result is "off-limits" topics directly WITHIN the "primary" topics-zone of ATS. Especially in the realms of conspiracies, World War 3, Political Issues, Medial Issues, and Global Meltdown,... the "drugs" topic is central yet dangerous to even mention here on ATS.

The War On Drugs = The Elephant in the Room!

And sure some people advocate things, there's distribution considerations, advertizing (eg: big pharma $), and on and on... But with that elephant in the room ATS is pretty squarely aligned with many of those groups. I don't know if there's other subjects that create mod-actions to that extent here. Maybe comments directed at other contributors - though when those things happen its more "normal/understandable" and seems less likely to directly lead to the "Joke" that's a little too close to home - where the Elephant resides.

+24 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

the appearance of similarity between some of the ATS's sensitivities and...

There's not one damn subtle appearance.

Every time someone makes these stupid, misinformed, accusations based on vicious lies of fools in the past, it's a DIRECT PERSONAL INSULT to me, my business partners, my friends who help run ATS, and all the other members who are able to contribute without such silly nonsense.

Does that clarify?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

the appearance of similarity between some of the ATS's sensitivities and...

There's not one damn subtle appearance.
Every time someone makes these stupid, misinformed, accusations based on vicious lies of fools in the past, it's a DIRECT PERSONAL INSULT to me, my business partners, my friends who help run ATS, and all the other members who are able to contribute without such silly nonsense.
Does that clarify?

Only partially. While I feel bad you find my post an insult - it was never meant as that. It clarifies your emotion, but not the rational behind that. And I never did accuse lie about ATS. What I did was describe how emotions and misunderstandings lead to some of the disturbing speculations that seem to be sensitive areas - obviusly there are some sensitivities - we all have those and that's not a bad thing, its a human thing.

On the speculative side it begs more questions of truthful POV/uncertainties I explained. I may hit a bit close to home - and if the posts dissapear w/o any more to it that that I think that could be an 'ideal' outcome.

Its not my intent to antagonize. This thread asked a question and I offered my own rational POV that I believe answers major parts of it. You obviously don't like the answer - but my intent wasn't and still isn't to insult - it was/is simply to help ATS.

I do recognize emotional things aren't always rational as I have emotions sometimes too - please count to 10. Once back to level there could be jems of wisdom for all our futures in our common interests. And if my posts don't make sense on that level or don't work in the positive interests of ATS they don't have to remain - I do believe you can delete posts - even w/o declaring them against T&Cs. That probably is a more challenging aspect of threads such as this one too - hope you're feeling better soon.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Was kind of freaked after the threads the other morning and really thinking about stopping posting here, but at the end of the day the whole thing is stupid. I knew from the off that with this being one of the most popular conspiracy sites on the net that there'd be a fair share of agents around and it didn't bother me then, so am not too bothered now.

The one thing that freaked me was watching a John Lear video where he talks about a problem he had that involved the mods. Only later do I find that Lear himself was CIA, so how can I take his word over the owners of this site? No way.

Besides, the internet is tracked heavily by agents, especially when it comes to the things we talk about here. If you don't like the thought of them reading what you have to say on the subject, you're probably best not posting about it on the internet at all.

At the end of the day it's about our right to free speech, not living in fear.
edit on 20-4-2012 by robhines because: typo

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This is like Inception. A conspiracy within a conspiracy within a conspiracy.

This whole kerfuffle can be boiled down to the simple principle "If you don't like it, go elsewhere."

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus
This whole kerfuffle can be boiled down to the simple principle "If you don't like it, go elsewhere."

Not quite. If people here leave and go elsewhere with negative views toward ATS they'd be speaking negatives elsewhere. Thus I do believe a thread like this one has value - both for the owners/mods and those who may not initially comprehend their emotional dispositions toward certain topics. Honest conversation with mutual respect leads to greater mutual benefits and collaboration.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus

Not quite. If people here leave and go elsewhere with negative views toward ATS they'd be speaking negatives elsewhere. Thus I do believe a thread like this one has value - both for the owners/mods and those who may not initially comprehend their emotional dispositions toward certain topics. Honest conversation with mutual respect leads to greater mutual benefits and collaboration.

Sure, if you owned the site that's how YOU would do it. But you don't.

Heck, I might even do it that way if I were the site owners. But I'm not.

Those other guys are the owners, administrators and moderators, and this is how they want to run the show here. You can disagree til your head pops....T.S.

Hence my point: If you don't like it, go elsewhere. In fact I might have to myself, considering I'm running on ATS point fumes as it is.

edit on 20-4-2012 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by robhines
The one thing that freaked me was watching a John Lear video where he talks about a problem he had that involved the mods. Only later do I find that Lear himself was CIA, so how can I take his word over the owners of this site? No way.

Also, John Lear is in the habit of creating lies and outright fictions about his time on ATS, and the reasons for his posting ban, in an effort to gain attention. Just about the only truthful thing he's said about us is our name and that he is a member.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Also, John Lear is in the habit of creating lies and outright fictions about his time on ATS, and the reasons for his posting ban, in an effort to gain attention. Just about the only truthful thing he's said about us is our name and that he is a member.

Thanks, I'm not very familiar with him so I'll maybe understand more of that as I research his stuff, because it seems like he has some things worth researching. With him being an ex-CIA guy it's not easy, but the one good thing is that he's researched with Zorgon so he's probably got some decent stuff to check out at least, even if the whole ATS thing with him is confusing.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I'll take that bait. I once saw a VERY interesting thread with a video of him that quickly dissapeared but I failed to comprehend why. It did look very interesting and thanks to cache I was able to go watch it elsewhere.

Is it possible to illuminate what he did that got him banned without being inappropriate towards him and/or ATS?

EG: was it his content (considered hoaxing? or spam?) or behavori (subject-boundaries? respect of others?)
???

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I once saw a VERY interesting thread with a video of him that quickly dissapeared but I failed to comprehend why.

It was removed because it was full of lies and fabrications.

Is it possible to illuminate what he did that got him banned without being inappropriate towards him and/or ATS?

He's one of the rare cases where we openly discussed the events... there are several threads... to summarize...

In one of the many Billy Meier threads (or similar bogus-UFO thread, not sure) John Lear fabricated malicious statements and attributed those statements to another Conspiracy Master in a public thread, demanding action (they were involved in a debate).

A quick search of all recent posts by the accused Conspiracy Master revealed no such statements were made.

Both John Lear and the other CM were placed on temporary posting ban to prevent a public spectacle of two ATS CM duking it out in threads. John took that to be a "cover up" and lost the plot.

I offered to remove the posting ban if he'd admit his error and apologize... he did not, and still has not.

It should be noted that up until that time, John Lear was an ardent fan of ATS, even going so far as to make dozens of special John Lear "ATS Tin Foil Hats" to sell at a UFO convention -- we had no issue with allowing him to use our logo.

John consistently lies about me, other ATS management, and our members. He's not to be trusted.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

While I feel bad you find my post an insult

My response was leaning more in the rhetorical sense -- all such nonsense about us and our members, including those who choose to disseminate vicious lies without a minute bit of easy fact checking, angers me... immensely.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks for those replies... in further "answers" the unknowns that could have left open a greater speculation of "CoIntelPro" unknowns (at least my own) - and thus continues to add value to this thread (imho).

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by BanMePlz
reply to post by nunya13

The site owner says ATS is not government controlled.

But i dont see whats stopping "Cointelpro" or whatever, from joining ATS and trying to run it from the outside...

All you would need are a about a dozen people and a few computers to create a troll army..

Then your troll army could spread propaganda etc. Dont tell me you havent seen it done.

Dont tell me you have never had your suspicions...

I suppose i'm a troll, even tho i have a troll avatar, hmmm me thinks. Some people judge so quickly and think they know all the answers.
I suppose people could do this with several computers and cell phones talking to one another on what to say or not to say, who's to say. Treat the real troll that trolls all the time, not the person who you think is a troll based on your first exsperiences with that person.. Learn,learn,learn

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join