It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Reality: CoIntelPro, Shills, Freemasons, and Socks: The Definitive Guide

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Let's stay focused on the topic please.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Apologies.
Was just having fun.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
Let's stay focused on the topic please.

Yes! Lets! On that topic...what exactly is CoIntelPro? Counter Intelligence Professional?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NiteNGale2

Close. "Counter Intelligence Program". Ask the FBI (and not the CIA)...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NiteNGale2

counter inelligence program

en.wikipedia.org...

COINTELPRO (an acronym for Counter Intelligence Program) was a series of covert, and often illegal,[2] projects conducted by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) aimed at surveiling, infiltrating, discrediting, and disrupting domestic political organizations.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Oh no,not this episode of the soap opera"ATS IS CIA" again.

Come on people common sense.The person who made the video(which you can find on youtube) clearly states that he was a member here and was banned.Of course doesn't say his username so we can't read the great secrets that he revealed to the public and the evil ATS deleted his threads and banned him.

Also states that he baited stuff and members,in other words he was a troll.

This topic is like the "end of the world this week" threads.We have seen hundreds of them.We discussed them to death.Most of the accusers are still here,discussing it again.Why?If you really believe that ATS is CIA/NSA/MIB you should leave.I know that if i believed it i wouldn't come back.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
oh crap , not this idiocy again

ok - the bottom line , how isATS supposed to " prove " it is not a cointelpro oreration , alphabet soup agency " front " - ps before attempting to anser this - most of ATS needs a foundation course in formal logic

if you still believe you have the answer - please share it - i need a laugh

or if as i hope - you have finally realised that the burden is upon the peope making claims of ATS= cointelpro to povide evidence - lets see it

what is your " best evidence " for the ATS = cointelpro accusation ?

i have not seen any evidence at all - just bawling by dummyspitters

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
seriously who cares if they are. i think of ats as place we can share ideas and experiences, it wouldn't matter what web site we did this on. if they really wanted to they could track anything on any other website or email.

Whateva

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
Whats going to suck is that

Anon will shut this place down.

for a possible misunderstanding.

I say, leave threads be.

if nobody is interested in them,

nobody will read them in the first place.

We have a buttload of 2pac threads.

saying the same thing over and over.

not going to cower over
a bunch of bullies..

thats what bullies do..

no one likes a bully..

im sure the ats admin
have some very advanced
\software against the clan of
bullies... give us what we want or
we will take it.. thats bully talk bullies
are morons

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Well I don't know whether ATS is a CIA front or not, I guess the only one to know this for sure is the owner! It's not like they will come out and admit it! lol...

But any way it doesn't even matter! The feds (as in any police/secret services organizations) are watching EVERY damn site anyway! Every major one at least. To prove this you only have to look at the facebook and twitter arrests/imprisonments!

Not only are they monitoring sites but also your e-mail and phonecalls/txts! They have all the info on you they could ever want/need!

And if they wanted to disrupt or spread dis-info all they need to do is sign up!

So with all the info being held on you already, why do people even care if ATS is a CIA front?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Ahhhhh...What tangled webs we weave. Some people can make a conspiracy out of anything, or in this case nothing.

Anybody ever think that the CIA or other oganizations like it are so devious that you would never know they were here.

I mean good grief, those people are SOBs, but their not stupid.

I have a very good friend who thinks that everything is a cinspiracy. Sadly I think there are a few here like him.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Ok guys i am just going to throw this into the mix, more for fun than anything.

The opening post in this thread talks about angel investors.

I actually researched these guys a few years ago as i was looking for funding for a project, and well what i found was that these are private investors that do not want to be known, you give them your project and then interested "angels" will get in touch with you, they also mentioned after much research that they have bank accounts in Switzerland, we all know that the swiss are great for hiding money transactions.

So ATS my question to you is could one of the "ANGELS" be someone from the TPTB?
That is funding ATS?

gust.com...

The angel investors who collectively provided the investment have a minority stake and no influence over the operation of AboveTopSecret.com. The reason these people have not been revealed is the same reason nearly all companies never reveal first-round angel investors while the company is still private -- the investors would become inundated with business plans from people looking for money.

Unless of course it has changed since researching. I dont have time to research this again as i already did 6 years ago.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Even more funny is why my post does not show up in recent?????

Truth hurts sometimes eh?

+59 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Do we really have to go through the same thing every time someone gets banned?

Do we really have to see posts from the same April Fools joke of 2004 every time someone gets banned?

If you possess even the most minimal of technical knowledge you can easily recognize that our April Fools joke of 2004 containing the supposed "IP Addresses" leading to the CIA isn't even in the correct format. Those aren't properly formatted IP addresses. Why? Because when ATS was a far smaller community we (the staff) used to have VERY popular pranks on April Fool's day and on Halloween. We don't anymore, primarily because of episodes like this.

Why would the staff put effort into creating something fun when EIGHT YEARS later it's still used by disgruntled banned members to "prove" something.

It proves nothing. It proves that someone got banned and is upset. Instead of contacting us and discussing it like a normal human being, some people decide to make accusations, threats and hilarious videos.

So, we're going to establish a few facts here, and then I'm going to close this thread for a few hours to make sure that the official statement of ATS can be read and digested before other comments flood in behind it.

Official ATS Statement number 1

ATS has grown into what it is today because we enforce our Terms and Conditions in order to protect the integrity of this site, and maintain a venue for civil discussion. This will not change, ever, regardless of whether or not our policies offend someone. This is how we do it on our site. Not every site is a perfect fit for every person. If our policies are seen by you as the worst thing you've ever seen, please do not feel forced to post here. We will never compromise on the rules we have established for this community.

Official ATS Statement number 2

Attacks on specific members and threats against specific members are met with zero tolerance on ATS. That includes members of our volunteer staff. Our staff of volunteers are ALL members first and came from the general membership. They are still entitled to the same privacy and protection that ALL members are entitled to. Every member of staff, myself included, joined this community as a member (with the exception of the site's founder Simon Gray, obviously). In the T&C it clearly states that threats against members are not tolerated, and this most certainly extends to those members who assist this community day in and day out. Threatening a member of ATS, staff or otherwise, will be met with an immediate account termination.

The bottom line is this: ATS is a discussion forum that has grown over the years because we do our best to provide a CIVIL environment for people to exchange ideas. We have NEVER claimed to be a perfect fit for everyone, and that's perfectly fine because everyone is different. However, we will never change our policies, our beliefs, or our mission because of the rantings of those who don't like us.

If you want to work out an issue, we have many avenues of contact available for you. Threats are not one of them. Regardless of what format they come in. Emails, voicemails, spammed posts, videos made with $20 video software and even the smooth tones of Microsoft Sam. We are who we are, warts and all, and no amount of spoofs, insults, threats, or videos is going to change that. Ever.

I'll reopen this in a few hours when cooler heads have prevailed.
edit on Apr 19th 2012 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
I'll reopen this in a few hours when cooler heads have prevailed.
edit on Apr 19th 2012 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

Thanks, I didn't notice this thread till now. Here's my take on the huge interest in this thread and its core-topic.

Per the OP:

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The Origins of The Lie

While there have been haters spreading hate about ATS before April, 2004, most of it was merely people who didn't like us, not those making up lies about some despicable affiliation with wicked government agencies. That type of "speculation" began when lots of people jumped to hair-brained conclusions, based on an April Fools joke ...
AboveTopSecret.com has never been under the control or influence of anyone associated with any government anywhere on the planet.

Nice try... HOWEVER...

ATS is definitely UNDER THE INFLUENCE. Regardless of the personal integrity of the staff, many of the decisions regarding distribution and legality have the exact same effect as if they were govt-agents themselves.

That's not to criticize ATS or its staff either... but come on guys. Calling it a lie without recognizing the disturbing influences that stifle conversations seems over done. I would hope for a more self reflective reply than a simple push-back rejection of so many readers here.

Something more like,
1. No we're not agents...(vid)
2. YES there ARE influences that have SIMILAR RESULTS (drug laws (ie: happy 420 bro), but not other laws (there's 40K new ones, and like the Michigan pig genocide - many things against SOME laws). So it appears the OWNER or staff is more personally against drug discussion... being more clear on that would help...
3. Distribution/advertizing things - its been mentioned in a few of the push-back answers, but still isn't all that clear - and IDK are you guys afraid of being sued by monsteranto's corps? Like even NH is??? Again a boundaries issue - we need to understand better or end up stuck with speculations.
4. Introduce yourselves better - your beliefs and values help people to comprehend what gets them into trouble rather than feeling fustrated with missunderstood penalties and warnings.

edit on 4/20/2012 by reitze because: ++

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by reitze

ATS is definitely UNDER THE INFLUENCE. Regarless of the personal integrity of the staff, many of the decisions regarding distribution and legality have the exact same effect as if they were govt-agents themselves.

Hmmm.

But EVERYONE has rules to follow,even in the real world.ATS included.

If you want to find out about staff,there's that simple U2U function. Also,there is abundant info,on ANYONE'S profile,from posts,to likes and dislikes.

We are ALL guests here. We all signed the same agreement,Staff included.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

ATS is definitely UNDER THE INFLUENCE. Regarless of the personal integrity of the staff, many of the decisions regarding distribution and legality have the exact same effect as if they were govt-agents themselves.

Hmmm.
But EVERYONE has rules to follow,even in the real world.ATS included.
If you want to find out about staff,there's that simple U2U function. Also,there is abundant info,on ANYONE'S profile,from posts,to likes and dislikes.
We are ALL guests here. We all signed the same agreement,Staff included.

It maybe simpler for you than me. IDK who the staff is. Was there a thread where they introduced themselves? I like to think the quality of my posts is why I have the W, K scores I have --- its not that long that I've been here. I also liked to think that my value per the ATS POV was represented in points - and was quite shocked after a month of contributing getting a gr8 score to see it go negative with just one post.

Rules to follow are 1 thing, but a set of unknowns is why I posted my previous post (2 posts back).

PS: I don't remember signing any "agreement"... there may have been some signup page but I don't remember anything that covers this level of nuances. Like having threads about the PIG genocide but not 420... and why - or who the staff and mods are in a list with get-to-know their biases/values. Not knowing those things seems to be where I get into trouble the most often. Like another blog I like where I posted a few too many slangs against a particular religion... dump... ok now... ok I know the guy who owns it better now. That's what I'm getting at.

We seem to struggle to comprehend it here, and the SOME LAWS things and SPONSORS things and DISTRIBUTIONS things seem to come up as vague answers... it would be nice to see it spelled out better --- and would help us all avoid the "secret agent man" speculations.
edit on 4/20/2012 by reitze because: +PS

+PS2: There was a mod who offered some coaching (vague - on reasons but strong on avoidance), and helped me directly by killing a thread I'd started w/o giving me a penalty. That's nice - but left me with the perception that he doesn't get the CORE VALUES of the ATS OWNER any better than I do. He simply knows what "religious values" of the owner to avoid, but not why. Maybe that's enough - but it is a disappointment that a forum with the reach is so unavailable and silent on some topics that have the biggest of all audiences. And further...

If the OWNER is perplexed or disturbed by certain topics, why not USE the forum to gain perspective on it here - to learn and understand the social values driving so many people to have a value which the ONWER opposes personally??? THAT IS A VALUE OF A FORUM! And an OWNER can use a secondary screen name easy enough too. There was a recent thread where I wondered if that was going on... maybe, maybe it just didn't get noticed. IDK. But I would suggest there's a difference between opposing a law vs advocating its breaking. On the other hand the 40K laws - even having an ATS maybe illegal per NDAA, etc... its certainly easy to assume the worst with that stuff going on via the $appointed "lawmakers".
edit on 4/20/2012 by reitze because: +PS2

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

We seem to struggle to comprehend it here, and the SOME LAWS things and SPONSORS things and DISTRIBUTIONS things seem to come up as vague answers... it would be nice to see it spelled out better --- and would help us all avoid the "secret agent man" speculations.

Its spelled out CLEARLY.

Its under T&C's. Its been spelled out Ad nauseam.

Ignorance ISN'T an Excuse,nor should it be used as such.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I thought the point of a forum is to grow and learn about new things. Even if the new things are bad and scary. Well this new thing is scary. But mostly to ATS and certain MOD's. The reason everyone comes here is to gain information about the things that scare them and possibly educate others on things going on around them. If any information on any subject is censured and threads taken down then this site might as well close up shop now. When you start editing conspiracies on a conspiracy website it's not good. That's like advertising a full bar but only selling beer and wine. Believe me it won't be long till you have an empty bar.
edit on 20-4-2012 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Its spelled out CLEARLY.
Its under T&C's. Its been spelled out Ad nauseam.
Ignorance ISN'T an Excuse,nor should it be used as such.

You just linked a VERY old thread. Yea its spelled out in there... but no way is it followed precisely, and posting a blog entry has THIS for directions (w/o a link to those T&Cs).

Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

So go ahead and imply I'm being ignorant - but seriously where am I supposed to know and reference that before I post? And OMG ad-nausiem isn't clarity... Brevity is the Soul of Clarity.

At a minimum a link to the T&C page from the Post A Reply/Comment submit page would help. BTW, it doesn't show up anywhere on the home page either. So once "signed up"... I guess we're supposed to have sudden knowledge of the T&Cs that we may have skipped when signing up... since its not in a brief form.

BTW, in particular 16e in its wordy form doesn't seem to cover the why nore the extreme of the application either. Rather threads and posts that suggest the laws aren't right seem to get over-moderated too. IMHO there appears a disconnect there. A mod-helper said it was like "moths to a flame" ... as an explination for extreme avoidance rather than nuances of posts to discuss real national issues - as in 420 vs the #1 cash crop of the USA and the situation with wars all over the world. THAT is what leads to speculation that ATS = CIA run site with vested interests in the status rather than honest dialogs. $$$ seems a very powerful influence, and ambiguity in policy with random-enforcement actions seems more like the "secret agent man" sorta thing. Hope that helps.
edit on 4/20/2012 by reitze because: ex

+ NOW, after ALL my time here, and ALL my posts I notice the "Terms & Conditions" link in the lower right of the page. Perhapse its "my fault" for not noticing it before. But honestly I went looking for it after initially submitting this post and it took a good 10 minutes intermixed with my household family interactions to find it. Having the link in the post-instructions would help - as would brevity and clarity on 16e.
edit on 4/20/2012 by reitze because: +

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join