It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Dead, 23 Hurt Over Violent Holiday Weekend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

5 Dead, 23 Hurt Over Violent Holiday Weekend

www.nbcchicago.com

Chicago turned violent over the holiday weekend as five men were killed and more than 20 were injured in shootings and stabbings since Friday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
28 shootings and stabbings in Rahm Emanuel's Big City and ZERO arrests !

In fact He actually praised the City's safety agencies !

"I commend the City’s public safety agencies and employees for their efforts to make this year’s event the safest in recent memory,” said Mayor Rahm Emanuel.

Emanuel and Co. have been under fire recently for the rash of flash mob robberies and violence. Rahm has vowed to clean up the city

www.nbcchicago.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Were these all robberies?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
"I commend the City’s public safety agencies and employees for their efforts to make this year’s event the safest in recent memory,” said Mayor Rahm Emanuel.

LOL so as long as less people died than last year its a success!!!!

love those high standards

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
What else is new? My guess about is this deluge in shootings and murders is that the hoodlums used the reduced police presence in the high crime neighborhoods because of the downtown festivities to settle scores. Before the holiday weekend, new Superintendent, Gary McCarthy, said on a local radio station that significant police resources would be present downtown for the Fourth of July festivities and the draw down of the Taste of Chicago.

Chicago top cop addresses beach closure, bodyguards - LISTEN

As the city heads into the July 4 holiday weekend, thousands of people are expected to take to the lakefront as well as the Taste of Chicago. McCarthy says there have been no procedural changes since Memorial Day but the city does plan to ramp up crowd monitoring.

"What we are going to be doing is monitoring the size of the crowds, the condititions of the crowds. In other words, are people getting ill? Are people starting to pass out? Are there issues that are in fact occurring? And we are going to ensure that we nip it in the bud," McCarthy said.

This talk station is one of the most popular stations in the city. Therefore, it looks to me like some of the criminals were listening to him on the radio as well? It seems he may unwittingly gave the gangbangers the green light to commit murders and other bodily injury? This is nothing new in a city where corruption reigns supreme, people get raked over the coals with excessive taxes, and criminals run rampant in the streets. Typical holiday weekend in the Windy City.
edit on 5-7-2011 by Jakes51 because: fixed link

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Rahm Emanuel makes my skin crawl. Interesting how his "buddies" paved the way for his winning the mayoral race, despite his lack of qualifications.

No doubt this will be used by the gun-control crowd.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591
Were these all robberies?

it looks like it was a general mixture ...... par for the course in that city!

heres another newspaper report:

www.suntimes.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

Originally posted by xuenchen

Rahm Emanuel makes my skin crawl. Interesting how his "buddies" paved the way for his winning the mayoral race, despite his lack of qualifications.

No doubt this will be used by the gun-control crowd.

(from July 12, 2010)

Chicago's newly minted handgun regulation law goes into effect today, less than a month after the U.S. Supreme Court struck down the city's ban on handguns.

The new ordinance bans gun shops in Chicago and prohibits gun owners from stepping outside their homes, even onto their porches or in their garages, with a handgun.....

Key provisions of the ordinance include:

•Firearm sales will be banned in the city.
•Gun training totaling four hours in a classroom and an hour on a firing range will be required before getting a permit. But firing ranges are banned, so training must be completed outside Chicago.
•To transport a gun, it will have to be "broken down," not immediately accessible, unloaded, and in a firearm case.
•Firearms may be possessed only inside the dwelling. It will be illegal to have a gun in the garage, on porches or in the yard. Guns also will not be allowed in hotels, dorms and group-living facilities.

archive.chicagobreakingnews.com...

gun laws have been a big controversey around the Chicao area for 30 years!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I'm surprised that they even admitted this.

I saw this earlier...to the poster who asked were these all robberies...they weren't most likely they were gang related b/c that kind of activity has been fairly up now a days.

If you don't think there is a growing problem with unsupervised youth you are insane.
I honestly think its drugs and what I mean by that is weed marijuana. We've all grown up with that phrase crack is wack but people don't understand that a lot of weed is tainted by coke heroine and the like. The economy is down...dealers want repeat business so they add addictive substances that make weed more potent...

edit on 5-7-2011 by iamusic because: what to want

top topics

join