It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The future of US cops?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I just stumbled across these assclowns:

Apparently they were some Bolivian SWAT team that was disbanded in 2009 after their head took shots at reporters who were filming them during a botched raid.

Lord knows the US counterparts have had their share of botched raids.

Blog post

Disolution of Special Force

Nelson Vaca, from Beni, was arrested by UTARC forces following allegations of his occupying state land and causing irreparable damage to the environment. Vaca claims that following his arrest by UTARC forces they covered his head with a plastic bag until he nearly fainted.

Unitel journalists attempted to film Vaca’s transfer from Santa Cruz to La Paz. The former head of UTARC, Walter Andrade, is said to have shot at the reporters present and the car they were using. Members of the force then apparently took the film tapes from the journalists. Andrade made declarations to the effect that civilians pursuing the police vehicle being used in the transfer fired at it.

Like little children with emotional issues playing army man.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I don't think the police will be used in the future in the US. It will be military.

That's what we will see on the streets of America.

To add to this theory,

1. Obama bringing back troops from overseas.

2. Police forces all over the US laying off their officers.

3. Obama now starting to talk defensive anti-terrorism approach.

4. Where are the forces going to be deployed? Are they going to sit back, get paid and do nothing? I believe they are going to ramp up the training to be used in domestic policing.

edit on 5-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Actually, there's nothing future about this. Our guys are already there and then some. In fact, most of what these guys are wearing/using is circa 1980's gear, including the nifty lvl II ballistic face mask which was designed by our DEA for doing drug raids. you can buy your own legally in the US (assuming you're not a felon and local laws don't prohibit you) for between 160 and 350 dollars.

Our guys are running around with bearcat MRAP's, 50 cal/338 lapua sniper rifles, fully automatic rifles, tear gas, sonic/pain ray weapons, and many times more armor (of the LVL III/IV variety).

Even my small town swat team of 8-10 people (york county quick response team if you're really interested since I don't feel anything is anonymous online anymore) just bought a new government subsidized bearcat MRAP and have a full set of camo-fatigued armor/webbing/gear. Of course, I'm in PA so there's lots of forests so that's the justification. And truth be told, they're nice guys who do a damn good job (and check my previous posts - I'm pretty well established as anti-police state so it's a high compliment as far as I go). But do they need that type of equipment? No. They BTW upgraded from from an old cadillac gage peacekeeper - which was already a 50-cal resistant vehicle. Sure, it was old, but seriously, what are they expecting to need a mine/RPG resistant vehicle for?

As to being the 'army' in the us - what do you think they are militarizing the police for? They're cross trained by them and given similar/better equipment. Trust me, by the time they're done they'll be one and the same.

TL;DR - A bunch of guys running around in 1980's level equipment preening *edit: like peacocks* would be a DOWNGRADE from what our guys have.
edit on 5-7-2011 by rlnochance because: added some words.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Why are they armed with SA80's????

P.S. Anyone looks threatening wearing masks, camo clothing, and holding a weapon. Doesn't mean any about their tactics or skills
edit on 5/7/11 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I don't think the police will be used in the future in the US. It will be military.

That's what we will see on the streets of America.

If you would like to see a sample of this Just cross the border into Mexico
Americans have been warned to stay out of Mexico due to the Drug war going on over there ..
Military is everywhere and will also try to extort money from tourists.if you dont give them what they ask you can get hasseled pretty bad

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rlnochance

Well, my point wasnt so much the gear involved but the outrageous posturing and public fanfare. The photos in the OP were from a parade these Jason's were marching in.

All the emboldening nonsense only to be eventually called out for an inexcusable act such as firing on reporters and then finally reigned in.

Our cops have abused the handicapped, the elderly, children, committed crimes ranging from theft and fraud to murder and rape and there's no sign on a reigning in anytime soon.

We even had a SWAT raid not long ago on an innocent city mayor's family and an even an innocent judge's family and still no disbanding. Just a check cashed to make it all okay.

Eventually there will be reporters fired upon if not killed to cover up their errors or hide their abuses.. It's inevitable. Will they be reigned in then? Time will tell.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
OP, I agree; I'm not fighting you but rather just saying I'd take it in a heartbeat over what we have right now. I understand your point and actually believe we're already there. Our local swat teams often show up in parades (minus the purple smoke) and show off all their fancy gear. They used to be a bunch of guys who were just really good shots who paid for most of their stuff out of a small budget. Now we're exploding their resources for what? It's just a matter of time before the god complex sets in, if it hasn't already, for any swat officers/police officers. I mean we talk about the blue wall, what about the black wall? Swat guys are basically given carte blanche to kill on sight, regardless of circumstance.

On my facebook page for my business (www.flsgear.com) I make a point of posting police abuse stories from around the country about 1-3x a week. They're not hard to find. Outright murder happens more often than I think people realize and frankly gets covered up enough that people lose touch with it to a point where it simply becomes too much to accept or believe.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The title of this thread sounds like the title to the latest Hollywood horror movie.

The bad thing we will all get to play extras in this movie whether we want to or not.

top topics

join