It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No recession for Obama's 454 White House aides: They'll make $37,121,463 this year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
We all know where the job security is in this Country. Bring your tired, weak and poor to DC to look for Govt. jobs. While you're at it join a federal govt. worker union just to make things fun.

In his numerous fund-raising and policy speeches around the country these days, President Obama often bemoans the difficult economic times and uncertainties afflicting millions of Americans, including the nearly 14 million still seeking work unsuccessfully.

The Democrat argues that his administration needs more time to straighten out the economic mess left by somebody else, who's been gone almost 900 days now.

But good news this morning: The challenging Obama era and 9.1% national unemployment rate do not include the 454 people now helping President Obama do presidential things.

This crowd is being paid a total of $37,121,463 this year. That's up seven staff members and nearly $4 million from 2008, the last year of George W. Bush's presidency.

So, is that all it takes to run this country??

It's good to be the king and even better to work for him

Fully 141 Obama aides -- or nearly one-in-three -- earn more than $100,000 a year. That's also up from the 130 with that scale salary in Bush's last year.

Twenty-one Obama aides earn the top-dollar $172,200.

I'd love to look at those resumes to see who is actually qualified for the job that they have. Probably just as qualified as their boss.

Of course they release the report on the Friday before a holiday weekend. How convenient. Hopefully no one will notice....
latimesblogs.latimes.com...

Here's the person by person breakdown
spreadsheets.latimes.com...

The deputy director of scheduling makes $75k a year

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It's no secret that public employees make outrageous money. I make just under $50k and I'm just a lowly maintenance worker. We have CO's and LT's that make well over $100k. Their job? To make sure a range is run properly and safely. That's nothing compared to running a country. That said I ADMIT public employees are over paid.

Edit to add: That doesn't include the benefit package that these guys are probably getting. For us it costs the employer over $6k/yr for each employee.
edit on 5-7-2011 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Well, at least these things are being exposed.

More ammo for Palin types//// Clean up and end abuses in Washington D.C.

Many reasons not to vote the Obama crowd back in at 2012 election time.

I think it should be mandatory that every administration be "reviewed" for things at anytime. For things like this, or the czars, or special assistants to the First Lady...(and I don't care which first Lady). Time to trim the fat-all the way to the White House.

join