It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rogue Cops Seize Control Of AZ Town

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I've been to Quartzite many times on business and most of the people that inhabit that little piece of hell on Earth are from Michigan or Illinois and only pretend to be cowboys.

All hat, no cattle....as J. McCain said about Bush in 2000

www.ci.quartzsite.az.us...
gosw.about.com...
edit on 5-7-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Ok, someone tell me where the next hearing is at.. I would love to present myself and get in a few words of wisdom for all of us. This should be big news here. Never heard of this happening.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I've been to Quartzite many times on business and most of the people that inhabit that little piece of hell on Earth are from Michigan or Illinois and only pretend to be cowboys.

All hat, no cattle....as J. McCain said about Bush in 2000

What kind of business in Quartzite?

Did you go in full season with all the Snow Birds? Its quite and interesting art fair and other homemade items.

Definitely a Hell Hole.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GhettoRice

It is really in the Mayors hands now, but because he didn't grow a back bone and failed to assert his power of termination, the people need to vote him out and put in someone with a back bone to stand for the state, but also, to protect the people from it. Then move to the governor and do the same. How do you do that?

Write a letter to the editor of your local news paper expressing mayoral disregard and need to vote out. Then continue to the next larger paper for that area. Then the next(It can be a cut and paste job). Eventually you will come to one that is large enough to have a web site, your letter will also show on the site, as a forum topic. Get active with it or them, if you go to higher levels of distribution. The point is, you bring it to the dining tables of AZ. forcing the Governor to review and thus putting in the spotlight on a "Major" issue. if you do this at the time just prior to the debate period of the elections the people will question making it a point of issue.

Then become an activist with all those that agree by setting up a free website and organize events all over the state to push it further into the light and that will bring it national. The pressure will be to address the situation, which in turn causes the nation to question their own communities which sets off a change of events. Use the system against them, without paying a cent(unless you have to mail the letters instead of hand delivery). I wish I could say its that simple, the steps taken are easy to say but achieving them is another. Not to mention the constitution of the person setting it in motion and following through.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
From the looks of things the floor was given to this lady. The council didn't like what she was saying so they had the police remove her. Which is a no no. They should of tabled the discussion for a later date. And then they would need a 2/3 vote to do so.

Somewhere I read - - she turned and faced the audience - - instead of addressing the counsel.

Could be that petty.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
we should just stop watching the news for these type of violations. What good are we doing just talking about it? what can there be done really? Its like watching a pot boiling. We should just distract ourself with something else untill something snaps and there a opportunity to actually do something

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Isn't this exactly why the 2nd amendment excists? I remember reading about an incident where people thought that a sherifs election was rigged. The sherif himself wanted to count the votes behind locked doors. People didn't take nicely on that and with armed crowd took the votes and openly counted them and turned out they were right. That sherif did lose even though he had claimed that he had won.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The headline is somewhat misleading.

Since I live here in Arizona what the problem is here (and many small towns across America) is that the city councils are the ones on a power trip and taking control of these towns.

They all have their own agenda and care not whats best for the towns or the people.

Unfortunately Quartzite city council seems to have the police on their side.

My small town has similar issues, but the police aren't taking sides here.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by Realms

I don't think I need to continue. Perhaps re-reading the Bill of Rights would do you loads of good?

Unfortunately the first is about what CONGRESS may not do. It says nothing about the states.... Unfortunately.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. en.wikipedia.org...

That means we have to look at the AZ Constitution: www.azleg.gov...

Right of petition and of assembly: article 2, Sect 5
Freedom of speech and press Article 2 sect 6

Freedom of speech and press

Section 6. Every person may freely speak, write, and publish on all subjects, being responsible for the abuse of that right.

www.azleg.gov.../const/2/6.htm

5. Right of petition and of assembly

Section 5. The right of petition, and of the people peaceably to assemble for the common good, shall never be abridged.

www.azleg.gov.../const/2/5.htm

Actually you are incorrect. Your are referring to Article 1 Section 8 of the Constitution. Under the 10th Amendment however, it clearly states and I quote:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

I think you misunderstood which article and or Amendment to note.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
thank god for arizona. no matter how effed up nevada is they always manage to be worse. it's like the whole flipping state is one big wild west home owners association.

And thats why Az., embraces the citizens rights...as opposed to Nevada, where they taketh away~

Disappear...your wasting our time

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Council is still out of line. Not following procedures is bad form.
Just because someone else is rude doesn't mean you have to be either.
They are supposed to act professionally.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
We do fight back, well we try anyways. What happens? We end up in jail and sometimes face prison time, and that's for peaceful protests! Some people in my town are getting violent towards police. Just last night a fellow knocked out two police officers because they tried saying the guy had fictitious tags and was going to tow his vehicle away. Even after he showed the officer proof. I heard today he is in jail awaiting a court trial, which as this has happened many times before in the past, I already know he will end up in jail for a few months.
I'm sure you also heard about what the police did up in Dayton, Ohio, just an hour from where I live.

So please, stop with the, "You Americans need to fight back." We do our best, but there is only so much we can do to fight back. Personally, I'm considering moving out of the US.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by Annee

Council is still out of line. Not following procedures is bad form.
Just because someone else is rude doesn't mean you have to be either.
They are supposed to act professionally.

I'm not disagreeing. Someone on the council didn't want to hear what she had to say. AND they didn't want anyone else to hear it either.

Professionally? Have you ever been to Quartzite?

Another small border town in AZ impeached their mayor because he wasn't friendly. He was a white business man - - he didn't feel the need to sit with residence when they showed up with their children and wanted him to hear their stories. Culture gap on that one.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Doesn't Adam Kokesh live in Arizona? Call him.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by IPILYA
Doesn't Adam Kokesh live in Arizona? Call him.

A lot of people live in AZ.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Ha ha You are right, that was funny.

Adam Kokesh is an activist. He is the one who organized the dance at the Jefferson memorial in D.C.

Sorry he is in whats left of New Mexico en.wikipedia.org... call him anyway.
edit on 5-7-2011 by IPILYA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by romanmel

Just this weekend, my brother and I were talking about the tinderbox this country was becoming. He doesn't typically listen to country music, but I do, and a song came on........I told him that I loved the song, but I never thought it would get any nationwide play, to my surprise the song went to #1 almost immediately and has stayed at the top of the charts nationwide! My brother listened to the song, and reminded me of a music history class that we both had, where it was proven that the popular music of an era is usually indicative of the upcoming social state. In other words, the music changes before the society changes. It has happened with prohibition, the great wars, the great depression, and the civil rights movement.
So, here is the song, listen to what is extremely popular right now, and see what you think might be in store for our society over the next few years.

I never cease to be amazed how different we all are, yet how much alike we have become.
Thank you for this song, it is awesome!

S 4 U

What is even more amazing is the singer. He went from singing Alt Metal to this. It is very weird and telling.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by IPILYA
Ha ha You are right, that was funny.

Adam Kokesh is an activist. He is the one who organized the dance at the Jefferson memorial in D.C

And that has what to do with this subject?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Isn't this exactly why the 2nd amendment excists? I remember reading about an incident where people thought that a sherifs election was rigged. The sherif himself wanted to count the votes behind locked doors. People didn't take nicely on that and with armed crowd took the votes and openly counted them and turned out they were right. That sherif did lose even though he had claimed that he had won.

Are you saying the mayor should have pulled leather? Reminds me of the courtroom scene from Idiocracy.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

He fights for the rights of the people especially when it comes to free speech and expression. The woman that was removed was denied her rights. Also he has a radio show to spread the word.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join