It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rogue Cops Seize Control Of AZ Town

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

That is how I always describe living in Phoenix, it has the atmosphere of a truck stop.

That is part of the problem I was trying to explain. The only people there are the good ol boys club.

I don't know the laws and it may be an injustice, but the fact is, it is teh locals responsbility to take care of it.

Really, I am quite surprised they still don't hang people from trees.
edit on 5-7-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by IPILYA
reply to post by romanmel

Obviously, you were deprived of an education of US history. The Bill of Rights to the Constitution of the US, you will find covers ALL Americans and supersedes state law.

Obviously, you are deprived of an education of U.S. history. please visit the link I provided in my above post. If you have further questions just ask.

Oh, you mean the thread that was posted under the RANT topic...the one originally posted as one gigantic paragraph that no one could understand?

So, when will you be moving to this lovely town in AZ in need of your expert advise?
edit on 5-7-2011 by romanmel because: typo

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Annee

That is how I always describe living in Phoenix, it has the atmosphere of a truck stop.

That is part of the problem I was trying to explain. The only people there are the good ol boys club.

I don't know the laws and it may be an injustice, but the fact is, it is teh locals responsbility to take care of it.

Really, I am quite surprised they still don't hang people from trees.

A lot of AZ is military or college town. And the long time locals seem to wear "last (continental) state to join the union" - - like Texas wears its "lone star republic" mentality.

The old timers don't like newcomers trying to change things.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Here is one example of your suggestions:

First of all , leading a woman from a council meeting is not seizing control,

Secondly you stated and I quote:

These actions suggest action , but not alarm

A blatant infringement of a persons rights are not alarming?

I don't think I need to continue. Perhaps re-reading the Bill of Rights would do you loads of good?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Like I said, I have lived in Arizona, and most of their problems are their fault.

You do understand that the 10th Amendment right gives the power to the states and/or to the people, but the continued Federal government intervention, by the statists, have removed that power enumerated by the 10th Amendment. Therefore, to accurately state that the " problems are there fault", would suggest that you mean that the Federal governments intervention are to blame.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Yeah I already knew about the atrocities of the Fed in 1913. I was being sarcastic. The centralized banking was the ruination of this country, that and the removal of the gold standard which started back in 1930. You have Hoover and Roosevelt to thank for that, as well as the final blow in 70's under Nixon.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Unfortunately, they are within their right to do as they did. I am not saying its right, in fact I am outraged, but the fact remains , they acted within the law. I wrote a rant yesterday over these laws and laws like them, you can view it here... www.abovetopsecret.com... You see the constitutional rights do not apply to the people but to the state. Its the laws we have to fight not the people enforcing them.

I suggest a re-reading of the 10th Amendment right would help you in your quest for knowledge.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

When it tears loose, and it will tear loose because it's being setup to be truly tested,
the last place I would want to be is anywhere near urban america trying to deal with the chaos and death that will spread like a dry tinder fire.
This country will find its salvation and second wind in the rural population,
All we can do is continue to educate/enlighten and hope, that a respectful shared conscience of life liberty and pursuit of happiness becomes the unified dominant mind set, once again.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Actually, I lived in the cesspool of a city known as Tucson, and got the fudge out of there. If you think things are bad in Quartszite try Tucson. It is not the local or State laws that are the problem, they are only built upon the corruption in the law done by the Federal Government. Those must be changed first. Why? Because the States are no longer Nations but territories of the Federal Government. I do not have to live in a cesspool to work on change for that very reason.

As for my post yesterday, yes it is a rant. I did it in the spirit of the 4th of July. Most people do not understand or have forgotten that the 4th came about because of the disgust of the ruling body, not an excuse to drink. The fireworks are representative of these battles. I had two people that had a hard time reading it, which is a far cry from "everybody" and as you can see I broke it into paragraphs to make it easier to read. Also IF you did read it you will see that I wrote the applicable laws that have taken our right and fairness in defending ourselves WITH the applicable court cases for reference, which is far more than most people do in their rants.

reply to post by Realms

I know what it says, but you have to understand that the Government suspended the Constitution in the declaration of emergency during the International War of States better known as the Civil War and it was never lifted. Therefore the Constitution and the Bill of Rights are still suspended, and therefore not applicable, which is how they get away with it all. The laws I listed in my thread are directly related to this fact and it is these and many others that have to be dissolved which can only be done with the lifting of the State of Emergency enacted during that period. Then we have to lift the State of Emergency that was declared due to 911, in order to regain our rights as the Constitution and the Bill of Rights describe. Then we must remove all the Amendments after the 10th in order to dissolve the damage done through Statute Law. when the Emancipation Proclamation was given it freed the slaves in the South ONLY and when the States were brought back together, the state of emergency was used to enslave ALL the people to the Federal Government, who was not supposed to have jusisdiction outside of Washington D.C.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IPILYA

Actually, you are incorrect. In 1866, after the war, the Supreme Court officially restored habeas corpus in Ex-parte Milligan, ruling that military trials in areas where the civil courts were capable of functioning were illegal.

www.civil-liberties.com...
edit on 5-7-2011 by Realms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Just this weekend, my brother and I were talking about the tinderbox this country was becoming. He doesn't typically listen to country music, but I do, and a song came on........I told him that I loved the song, but I never thought it would get any nationwide play, to my surprise the song went to #1 almost immediately and has stayed at the top of the charts nationwide! My brother listened to the song, and reminded me of a music history class that we both had, where it was proven that the popular music of an era is usually indicative of the upcoming social state. In other words, the music changes before the society changes. It has happened with prohibition, the great wars, the great depression, and the civil rights movement.

So, here is the song, listen to what is extremely popular right now, and see what you think might be in store for our society over the next few years.

Aaron Lewis has been on the hit charts for many years with a band called STAIND and I have never considered him 'country' at all. He has always sang from his heart and composed about his personal experiences with getting clean from drugs.

Aaron Lewis

Aaron Lewis, (born April 13, 1972), is the lead vocalist, rhythm guitarist, and founding member of the rock group Staind, with whom he has released six studio albums. He has since ventured into country music with his debut solo album, Town Line.

The man is, absolutely, GREAT!! And, was into rock for years. This is his first solo country release. Not surprised it will become very popular......

As for the topic?? Well, I agree that our governing bodies (Fed, State, & Local) have been ignoring THE People's rights for decades!! IMHO, it will only get much, much worse. Thus the reason I will be choosing to leave society, as a whole, as soon as I possible am able. Government & Society make me extremely sick to my stomach!!!!

Personally, I cannot wait to make my move............

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Realms

And how exactly is the federal government playing into this scenario in small town Arizona?

Now if you want to talk about Navajo water rights or the resort at Lake Powell, then we have a federal discussion.

When I say it is their fault, the mentality, the good ol boys club there, prevents the states from ever moving forward.
The have a long history of trampling over rights.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Realms

You are correct and I have no argument over your statement, however

The Supreme Court decided that the suspension of habeas corpus was lawful, but military tribunals did not apply to citizens in states that had upheld the authority of the Constitution and where civilian courts were still operating, and the Constitution of the United States provided for suspension of habeas corpus only if these courts are actually forced closed. In essence, the Court ruled that military tribunals could not try civilians in areas where civil courts were open, even during times of war.
Source: en.wikipedia.org...
this has been ignored to a point, as the civilian court was transformed into Admiralty(Maritime) Law backed by International Corporate Law. If you believe this to be incorrect then walk into any court room in the nation and observe the United States flag. It is no longer Red White And Blue. It is Red, white , blue and gold. The Gold fringe illegally added is representative of International Corporate Law and the Tassels illegally added represent Admiralty(Maritime) Law.

Earlier in this thread it was discussed the Federal Reserve. With this I would like to point out that this is owned by the Crown Temple of Europe. Any Lawyer and Judge at any level must take an oath the the Crown Temple therefore only responsible to them and International Corporate Law. The Crown Temple owns the United States due to the declaration of bankruptcy made by the U.S. They also own the banking system and therefore control our economics.
edit on 5-7-2011 by IPILYA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Realms

I don't think I need to continue. Perhaps re-reading the Bill of Rights would do you loads of good?

Unfortunately the first is about what CONGRESS may not do. It says nothing about the states.... Unfortunately.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. en.wikipedia.org...

That means we have to look at the AZ Constitution: www.azleg.gov...

Right of petition and of assembly: article 2, Sect 5
Freedom of speech and press Article 2 sect 6

Freedom of speech and press

Section 6. Every person may freely speak, write, and publish on all subjects, being responsible for the abuse of that right.

www.azleg.gov.../const/2/6.htm

5. Right of petition and of assembly

Section 5. The right of petition, and of the people peaceably to assemble for the common good, shall never be abridged.

www.azleg.gov.../const/2/5.htm

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Actually, I lived in the cesspool of a city known as Tucson, and got the fudge out of there. If you think things are bad in Quartszite try Tucson. It is not the local or State laws that are the problem, they are only built upon the corruption in the law done by the Federal Government. Those must be changed first. Why? Because the States are no longer Nations but territories of the Federal Government. I do not have to live in a cesspool to work on change for that very reason.

Could you explain this please.

And what Federal laws are you specifically talking about.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Realms

And how exactly is the federal government playing into this scenario in small town Arizona?

Now if you want to talk about Navajo water rights or the resort at Lake Powell, then we have a federal discussion.

When I say it is their fault, the mentality, the good ol boys club there, prevents the states from ever moving forward.
The have a long history of trampling over rights.

Yes "the good old boys" are strong in AZ.

I'm no expert - - but I do believe being within 30 miles of the border - - is under several additional law related jurisdictions.

There is also areas under Native American jurisdiction.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
thank god for arizona. no matter how effed up nevada is they always manage to be worse. it's like the whole flipping state is one big wild west home owners association.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Government in complete disarray. What a joke. Why couldn't they let her simply talk, this was a town council meeting was it not? What the hell.

It infuriates me watching that. But the accompanying article really doesn't explain what exactly led up to this.

Oh well, time to disband Arizona!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IPILYA

Good points there, most people are not versed in Jordan Maxwell as this.

It still begs the question of how to deal with this problem as soo many seem to be ignorant of what is happening of part of it. I mean even the corporate suits with badges would not listen to the mayor, it seems all that those who use force understand IS FORCE.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Misleading title.

And here's a link www.rulesonline.com...
Robert's rules of order.

I've done the parliamentarian thing before when I was in club at school.
Once someone has the floor no one can remove them from the floor until they are done or agreed upon timeframe or other condition is met.

From the looks of things the floor was given to this lady. The council didn't like what she was saying so they had the police remove her. Which is a no no. They should of tabled the discussion for a later date. And then they would need a 2/3 vote to do so.

Bad form on the part of the council. I would call the council members on their actions.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join