It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rogue Cops Seize Control Of AZ Town

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
And none of you have ever heard of Quartzite, Arizona till this article. Bet it has a population of 300.

So?

The loss of free speach by just one affects us all.

Stand for the freedoms of the 300, or risk loosing it yourself

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

According to Census Bureau estimates, the population of the town was 3,397 in 2006

I must note that source is from the everloving wiki
Seized Town's Population

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Funny how everyone cheers when an arizonan sheriff goes after illegal immigrants, but it is only a travesty when the police turn on their own people.

Like I said, I have lived in Arizona, and most of their problems are their fault. That is what happens when you have an overly transient population who does not have support for their area.

While Arizona has the snowbird overpopulation that is ruining the ecology and they are draining the water supply to the point of pissing off Nevada, California, Colorado and Mexico, Phoenix has now become the fifth largest city in the US, it beat Philadelphia.

yet for every person that stays, 2 leave.
We always joked that the first question you ask someone is: so, where are you from?

On top of that, it is the fifth youngest city believe it or not, because of all the corporate headquarters and colleges adn tech schools there.

I saw blatant discrimination, i was discriminated against for being pregnant(can we say 1920?) blatant racism. And no one, no one would say a word.

I have no sympathy.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Marrr

It is. The towns population varies from month to month, so I'm fairly certain the population numbers are at least close.

As to the topic?

There's an old saying that goes something like "Who watches the watchers?". That would be us. The citizens of whatever town, county, state, and country are the watchers of the watchers. If the police are going out of bounds, which may or may not be the case, it's up to the citizenry to set it right. Any attempt, by anyone, to silence them is criminal.

Since none of us are there, it might, however, behoove us to practise a bit more in the way of rhetorical restraint. We don't know what's going on there, all we have to go on is one groups accusations, and another groups counter. Meaning, until there is an outside investigation, we actually know nothing concrete.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I see.

So, because you don't like Arizona, we should just allow their freedoms as American citizens be ignored.

Your opinion...not mine.

About Quartzsite, AZ: wiki.ask.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Marrr

Wow, I really underestimated.

They can have a baseball team and still have 10 people watch.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

And none of you have ever heard of Quartzite, Arizona till this article. Bet it has a population of 300.

Been there. "Overflow" crowd kind of made me chuckle.

Its kind of a "pit stop" growing into an actual town. Definitely having growing pains.

But violating rights - is still violating rights.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

No, they should take care of their own problems. They generate them, they let the sheriffs and politicians have control, but now the bullseye has changed and only now it is a problem.
Funny how that works.

I love AZ, I LOVE the desert. I just hate living there.

If they are not willing to start standing up to their own rights, then it is their problem, and it is amazing how much they let go.

If you want states rights, well there they are. Doesn't mean your gonna like them in every state. Virginia may not like what Maine is doing and Texas...that is another story.
But if those citizens are ok with it and let it happen, that is their problem.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

The town is slightly bigger than that. It's a haven for snowbirds from northern states, and Canadian retirees. My grandparents used to winter there back in the seventies. Had a nice little doublewide outside of town. Not sure what the population is, but it's more than 300.

True. But Arizona does population by permanent year 'rounders - - - and then winter visitors.

Latest census says around 3500 permanent residents. That surprises me. The place looks practically deserted in off season.
edit on 5-7-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
damN! it isnt safe to travel anywhere in many states anymore is it? if it isnt overrun with drug dealers, its the police now the problem. but regardless, even in the mayors case, i beleive in america, you have the right, to speak yuor mind, and not be arrested for it* bood offstage, yes, throwing apples n cabbage at what yuo dont like to hear, legal, ...local laws engaging in removal of a city leader speaking his mind illegal. if he was arrested for having found drugs on him, thats one thing( yuode think the cops here would have done the old set him up trick, put latex gloves on, non powdered, and plant a generous bag of coc aine or something thier) look at what we found on him boys!!! as cops have been known to do time to time through the 90's in LA so ive heard...
even as much as we hate george bush jr. he still has the legal right to speak his mind and not be arested for it. those that dont wanna hear it, including me, (not a bush fan) legal is legal and fair regardless...trunt he channel or walk away.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

No, they should take care of their own problems. They generate them, they let the sheriffs and politicians have control, but now the bullseye has changed and only now it is a problem.
Funny how that works.

I love AZ, I LOVE the desert. I just hate living there.

If they are not willing to start standing up to their own rights, then it is their problem, and it is amazing how much they let go.

If you want states rights, well there they are. Doesn't mean your gonna like them in every state. Virginia may not like what Maine is doing and Texas...that is another story.
But if those citizens are ok with it and let it happen, that is their problem.

Obviously, you were deprived of an education of US history. The Bill of Rights to the Constitution of the US, you will find covers ALL Americans and supercedes state law.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by drakus

I wouldnt talk about things you have no understanding of, this chaos is right in my backyard, the card is played both ways down here, on one hand racist cops who are far too paranoid and uptight and overfunded ( back of the az highway patrol had a rack mounting 2 tasers ,an ar-15 and it looked like his personal .38 special, wich needless to say blew my mind) on the other hand i have personally watched as people in there determination to not work cross the line wheres theres no hope for return, crazy sh*t happens everwhere in the triangle of vegas, yuma and LA and thats how the police in az have become so completely overfunded by these small rich communties scared and shaking of what "could happen" , this isnt something where the police just decided they want a power grab, people are scared, because down here it can be unpredictable ( like so many other places ), is what the police are currently doing right? i dont think so, but i dont know either. what i do know is this is a product of fear, well placed fear in the fact that things are scary on the border for the moment and its gonna get scarier as it spills farther and farther north. something needs to be done by the feds or a militia or something quick down here because the police are at the point where everyday innocent people are harassed constantly because of the fear generated by so much violence
, being a 6'2 blue eyed white boy , its not too often i get the hard end from the police if i havnt done anything wrong but man i know alot of people who have.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Interesting song. It seems like the "Sleeping Giant" is waking up.

I have had some real eye opening conversations at local feed stores. Who would of thunk those "Red Neck Hicks" would understand fractional reserve banking and all its ramifications.??? Not the Marxists from MA who warned me I was moving to hill billy country circa 1800

About the Lady who was removed from the podium. It is impossible to say whether or not her removal was "Legal" It would depend on what the actual "Rules of Order" are in that town and whether or not she violated them.

It Appears that the Council passed a motion to have her removed... it was hard to tell. If said motion was brought up and voted on at the time she was speaking (with out being published before hand) THAT motion may have been out of order again depending on the actual "Rules of Order" governing the meeting.

The fact that the Lady indicated she was very familiar with the inner workings plus her support by the Mayor seems to indicate something was not correctly done.

Unfortunately "Freedom of Speech" is not the principle that applies in this case. (My husband has been going to town meeting since he was a boy and tried to explain all this to me.)

The Rules of Order (Robert's Rules of Order) were put in place to prevent having town meeting degenerate into screaming matches.

Unfortunately George Flynn's song "Robert's Rules of Order" is not on the internet as a U-tube or lyrics
It helps explain what I am trying to say.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Unfortunately, they are within their right to do as they did. I am not saying its right, in fact I am outraged, but the fact remains , they acted within the law. I wrote a rant yesterday over these laws and laws like them, you can view it here... www.abovetopsecret.com... You see the constitutional rights do not apply to the people but to the state. Its the laws we have to fight not the people enforcing them.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Welll Ok armchair revolutionist! Hop on your pony and giddyup on down there and do something about it!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Realms

Where did we go wrong?

The Federal Reserve Act of 1913.

At that point we as a country allowed the bankers to rape us and then they used the wealth they stole from us to BUY control of our Politicians, news media, schools, universities, corporations and any other organization you can think of.

Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring classes of mankind, none is so effectual as that which deludes them with paper money. It is the most perfect expedient ever invented for fertilizing the rich man’s fields by the sweat of the poor man’s brow. Ordinary tyranny, oppression, excessive taxation, these bear lightly on the happiness of the community compared with fraudulent currencies and the robberies committed by depreciated paper. Our own history has recorded enough, and more than enough, of the demoralizing tendency, the injustice and intolerable oppression on the virtuous and well disposed, of a degraded paper currency, authorized by law, or in any way countenanced by Government.
~ Nelson W. Aldrich, United States Senator [Sponser of the first Federal Reserve Act]
www.linuxtoday.com...

Griffin tells us what that money is used for and I have seen examples that show he is correct.

...I think it's time for a new definition of usury as follows: any interest on any loan of fiat money (meaning money made out of nothing). This example of a $100,000 home, as shocking as it is, producing $172,741 unearned interest, this is just a grain of sand in the Sahara. You have to multiply that by all the homes in America, by all of these hotels in America, all the high-rise buildings, all the factories, all the airplanes, automobiles, farm equipment, schools, everything, all the physical assets of America. You apply this same ratio and can you see it in your mind? We're talking about a river of unearned wealth that is so wide you can't even think of crossing it, flowing perpetually into the banking cartel. A dead short across the productive element of society. Money being taken from people who are working hard providing the material and the labor. They don't even know that this is being taken from them and it's in this huge river of wealth flowing into the banking cartel. It's a staggering thought.

You are led to the question of where is this river flowing?....

They are spending it to acquire control over the power centers of society..... In other words, to be specific, they are buying control over politicians, political parties, television networks, cable networks, newspapers, magazines, publishing houses, wire services, motion picture studios, universities, labor unions, church organizations, trade associations, tax-exempt foundations, multi-national corporations, boy scouts, girl scouts, you name it. Make your own list of organizations and you will find that this is where those people have been for many decades spending this river of wealth to acquire operational control particularly over those institutions and individuals, those organizations that represent opposition to themselves. That's a critical area for expenditure on their part.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Very valid point actually. For all the people on this site claiming that we need "spines" and need to take our power back...exactly when do you get off the computer and start doing it yourselves. Let me guess, you are doing your part by raising awareness to strangers on the internet. Useful as always.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Quartzite is having growing pains.

The people vs the Good Old Boys who've had control of the town for a long time. (talk to the locals).

I'd guess there is a lot of shady stuff going on there - that a lot of people close their eyes to. Maybe even kickbacks.

It is a truck stop - artisan snow bird area - close to the Mexican border.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Obviously, you were deprived of an education of US history. The Bill of Rights to the Constitution of the US, you will find covers ALL Americans and supersedes state law.

Obviously, you are deprived of an education of U.S. history. please visit the link I provided in my above post. If you have further questions just ask.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IPILYA

Well said!!

In so many cases it's people following the letter of the law, rather than obeying the spirit in which it's intended...that cause the problem. Fix the laws, and a lot of these problems will go away. That's why it's so important for us "armchair revolutionaries" to practise what we preach, and get involved in civic affairs.

It's all very well and good to be outraged, quite another to get involved at the sharp end of the stick and attempt to do something about the problem.

Apathy. Being jaded. Plain not giving a damn. Sound familiar?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join