It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rogue Cops Seize Control Of AZ Town

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
It appears that this happened on Jun 28, according to this YT clip:

The person who posted the above has quite a few more clips of this and other meetings of that particular council..

The Police chief in that town is under scrutiny since May. If this is how their officers handle themselves, I can see why..

article referencing the allegations against the Chief..

Officers' allegations aired during raucous meeting

Quartzsite resident Michael Roth (center, red cap) was arrested after he was allegedly involved in a pushing and shoving match following the June 14 Quartzsite Town Council meeting. The overflow crowd was mostly there to here allegations leveled by ten Quartzsite Police employees against Chief Jeff Gilbert. The crowd repeatedly became unruly and had to be admonished to behave orderly. Pioneer photo/John Gutekunst

A statement was read June 14 at the Quartzsite Town Council meeting regarding why 10 Quartzsite Police Department employees have called for the resignation of Chief Jeff Gilbert and have also called for an investigation of his conduct by a law enforcement agency. However, most of the council members didn’t hear it. Saying this was a personnel matter and an investigation was still under way, they said they had been advised not to be present and left the dais prior to the reading of the statement.

edit on Tue, 05 Jul 2011 10:55:38 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: add related article.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

Originally posted by Realms

Originally posted by HomerinNC
wow, i dunno what to say, those LEO's CLEARLY IGNORED the mayor....
WTF

Just goes to show who actually runs this country.......the motto should no longer be to " serve and protect", we should change it too, " to punish and enslave".

I guess you seen Transformers too huh? Barricade
lol

LOL....yeah but I think you would agree that it is fitting, with what we are seeing from the police as of late. Revenue generating extortionists....the above woman having here rights violated....yup pretty fitting!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

That's the thing. We've been so divided and made to fear law enforcement with daily stories of tazerings, beatings, pepper spray, etc. that when we see one of our own being carted off ILLEGALLY, we just sit there and keep our mouths shut.

Maybe those people didn't agree with her (the most important speech to protect is the speech you don't agree with)? Maybe they knew the officer that arrested her was a mean SOB and would snap at the drop of a hat?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Is this getting all too common? I can't tell if maybe it has aways been this way, or if people are just now spreading it. In any case, it's scary. the council and the police present in this video are obviously morally bankrupt and/or corrupt.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

We've been so divided and made to fear law enforcement

i would have to tend to agree with you! The people of this country forgot that the civil servants work for us, are paid by us, and answer to us! Where did we go wrong?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by romanmel

Just this weekend, my brother and I were talking about the tinderbox this country was becoming. He doesn't typically listen to country music, but I do, and a song came on........I told him that I loved the song, but I never thought it would get any nationwide play, to my surprise the song went to #1 almost immediately and has stayed at the top of the charts nationwide! My brother listened to the song, and reminded me of a music history class that we both had, where it was proven that the popular music of an era is usually indicative of the upcoming social state. In other words, the music changes before the society changes. It has happened with prohibition, the great wars, the great depression, and the civil rights movement.
So, here is the song, listen to what is extremely popular right now, and see what you think might be in store for our society over the next few years.

I never cease to be amazed how different we all are, yet how much alike we have become.
Thank you for this song, it is awesome!

S 4 U

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Excuse me, but this is perhaps the most sensationalist headline, that I have ever heard. It is clearly not the case that cops have seized control of the town involved. First of all , leading a woman from a council meeting is not seizing control, although for sure, it bodes ill for the integrity of the council persons, and the police's motives in this case.

However, to have seized control of the town, they would have had to secure the perimeter of the town, set up check points and road blocks, blockaded or placed under house arrest anyone and everyone who disagreed with thier take over, and established a cordon around the town preventing outside forces from liberating said area from the illegal take over by rogue police personel. If you can still have a crap, smoke a cig, drink a beer, and leave or enter the town when ever you fancy , then there is no take over.

What happened here is something nasty, that speaks of deeper troubles, but it is nothing more than a woman being lead from a council chamber. It is not a military coup, nor is it a police take over of the running of the town. If it were, the Mayor would be dead and strung up outside his offices, and the cheif of police would be sat in his chair, smoking his cigars, and drinking his whiskey.

Fact based headlines seem in short supply, but theres no need to reinforce a bad headline (which one cannot change due to T&C) with more of the same fallacy.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Thanks so much for the followup info on this situation.

Please post any additional info on this story you find...any one from or near to this community?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

So your saying that LEO's who violate a persons rights, and because they haven't established a blockade as you stated, then their is no travesty to the peoples? Is that what you are saying......ok. We now know to take your comments with laughter~

Seek life else where Troll~

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I should have added. 5 to 10 years ago, that song would have been popular on small town country music stations. It would have gotten some play in the deep South, and in the lower Midwest, but it would never have gotten very far on the charts, or gotten any play on the coasts. The times are changing, and the people are changing, and things that used to be whispered among friends are now being shouted from the rooftops. That is why I think the song is relavent to this thread, and important for people to realize how mainstream this sentiment has become.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Thanks for the opinion.

However, when the basic right to free speach is subject to imprisonment, I would say seizing control pretty well fits.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realms
reply to post by nunya13

We've been so divided and made to fear law enforcement

i would have to tend to agree with you! The people of this country forgot that the civil servants work for us, are paid by us, and answer to us! Where did we go wrong?

Well played!

Cannot understand how civil servents seem to be turning their backs to the everyday people.

They are paid by the people's tax dollars. They also take an oath to uphold the duties of their office.

So why does this sort of thing keep occuring?

I sure hope the residents of this town act appropriately at the next election and toss these jerks out.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
And none of you have ever heard of Quartzite, Arizona till this article. Bet it has a population of 300.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The more I read the madder I get .The situation in that meeting was wrong in so many ways.
What is even more scarry is looking at our own city councils where ever we live and see the same mentality
We the elected officals know best..whether you like it or not.
Things are not really up for debate ..the council has made their decision behind closed doors.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Realms

Did I at any point state that I thought that the actions of the police in this matter were justified? No I didnt. I DID say that calling what is happening a seizure of control is a massive, gut buster of an overstatement. I will stand by that assertion.

What IS happening there is blatantly cause for action, but not alarm. Send in the Feds, its a simple enough matter to do so, and Im sure if the Mayor and the person who was prevented from speaking, get together and petition for outside assistance from a higher law enforcement body, or some form of internal affairs involvement, that any related issues will come to light, and be dealt with.

It is only when an ENTIRE community is under the dictatorial control of a small group of persons, when a town can be considered to have been seized. What HAS happened here is a breach of this ladies rights as layed down by what I understand of the constitution , and in all probability several articles of any local charter of rights that may exist as well.

As for your suggestion that I was trolling.... get a grip. What I am doing is injecting a much needed dose of reality . You look at any other nation on the earth, and you hear news that such and such a town has been seized, it ALWAYS means a military encirclement, and blockade. Now get down off your high horse and calm down for goodness sake.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Realms

You're exactly correct. That is our problem. We keep letting them do this crap because we have put them on this pedestal of power.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

The tactics you mention of concerning the seizing of a town are from the outside-in. It is also possible to seize a town from the inside-out, as you saw in that video.
edit on 5-7-2011 by Marrr because: -

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

The town is slightly bigger than that. It's a haven for snowbirds from northern states, and Canadian retirees. My grandparents used to winter there back in the seventies. Had a nice little doublewide outside of town. Not sure what the population is, but it's more than 300.

wiki

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I lived in Arizona for a couple of years. And I toured a lot of it. "Backcountry Arizona" is an amazing book and I highly recommend it.
I have never been to Quartzite.

I have seen church services held on courthouse steps. It is Arizona, it is still the wild west with air conditioning.

People like me from east of the Mississippi despised working and living there. Nice place to visit, but I saw things that would never happen here. And the people accept it.
When my then husband graduated school, there were about 20 uhauls in the parking lot, because the east coasters wanted to get out of there so badly they left the moment graduation ended.
edit on 5-7-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join