It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The queen of England owns ALL the sturgeons, whales and dolphins within 3 miles of England.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

Most Brits have more common sense and don’t pay attention to something that has no bearing on real life.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Why'd you think there are so few dolphins around the British coast? Because the Queen of Newport Pagnell* eats them. She particularly likes the raw, still beating, heart of a porpoise for Sunday breakfast.

Of course, on a serious note, whilst many such archaic laws may never have been repealed, they have been superceded by much newer legislation. All dolphins and whales found in British waters are protected species and were the Queen of Unst* (who is subject to the laws of the land same as everyone else, save when such laws make specific exception) disturb or harm one, she could be fined £5,000 and/or be imprisoned for up to six months!

* makes as much sense to call her that as 'Queen of England'

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
In the theme of this thread I'd thought I'd share a few STUPID Laws in Britain.....

It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament

It is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British monarch upside-down

In the city of York it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow

and finally
One for the OP......

The head of any dead whale found on the British coast automatically becomes the property of the king, and the tail of the queen

PDUK

edit on 5-7-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I think the funny part is someone thinks porpoises, whales and dolphins are "fishes".

Originally posted by granpabobby
Dont know who the guy in the picture is ..kinda thought it was George Bush ..ya think they are related ?

It's well known that they are.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

their not OWNED by the crown they are protected by the crown to stop killing the speices off or they are in danger of becoming exstint

swans and deer are protected by the crown and a few newt spicies i think, yes newts...

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
if i remember correctly the crown owns all the land out at sea to a distance of 3 miles (how far you could hurl a cannonball iirc)

also all the swans in the uk are property of the queen as i remember my uncle found one near death and it got nursed better but if it had died he would of had to of offered it to the crown for first dibs but i doubt they'd want something in the state it was in when he found it

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Unless she took a hit from the Global Financial Certain that shehe owns a hell of a lot more than that.

Notice the House of Wettin has been very active of late with the Queen Bee out of hibernation. I tell ya, heads are going to roll because she looks pissed. Never seen Obama so nervous when he had to give a speech at the palace and ended giving his toast whilst 'God save the Queen' was playing. Then she sent her young newly married prince over to the US to ensure Obama got the message.

Between all these wars, the US economy and the Fukushima radiation, queenies lands are being poisoned and their value decreasing. She is so pissed even the Irish were scared enough to let her visit for a property inspection. I think all of the tennants are getting being taught a lesson on who the real landlord is...and that includes the fish.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
It's an old anachronism, no big deal.

Seems to me that some of our non-UK members are more obsessed with the British Royal Family than we Brits are.
I think it's because of a deep rooted sub-conscious desire to want to belong.

Ask nicely and we might just let you back in the fold.

me thinks you have it wrong..and in no way does the op strike me as someone who is any way envious of the brits.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

She also owns a spieces of swans. It's true, deal with it.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Why the obsession then with something that has absolutely no relevance or effect on their lives whatsoever?

Oh, and it's not only the UK that has old and outdated laws remaining on it's statute books.
www.dumblaws.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Ahhh our historic laws... The Queen (gawd bless her majesty) is the highest of the high in our green and pleasant land. She commands respectability, honest hard labour and a tradition that goes on for thousands of years. You may mock and ridicule our ways and royalty, you may be ignorant and free in your views. But you name me 1 living American who has the the charm, love and affection of its citizens and armed forces....
The laws of this country are set in times when the monarchy OWNED everything. She is now a protector of many things and promotes our Isle to the max.
edit on 5-7-2011 by sussy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
You Brits are taking this thread the wrong way. It is not directed at dumb laws which we all know all countries have, it is directed at the fact that one family has the right to own anything they're little hearts desire and you are "subjects" of them.
So I will repeat my questions that were so conveniently ignored.

1. Do you Brits actually believe that the royals are better than you because of who their parents were?

2. How is this healthy for your self esteem?

and I'll add another,

3. Do you have any "bollocks" left or did we rip them off your ancestors in 1776?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
Seriously? One person owns these fish? How is this fair to you lowly commoners? Do you Brits actually believe that the royals are better than you because of who their parents were? Is this common knowledge over there? How is this healthy for your self esteem? your fish are OWNED by this idiot.

Yeah, i could never kneel to this wench or her inbred brood.

79. Technically The Queen still owns the sturgeons, whales and dolphins in the waters around the UK. A statute from 1324, at the time of the reign of King Edward II , states that: "Also the King shall have ... whales and sturgeons taken in the sea or elsewhere within the realm." This statute is still valid today, and sturgeons, porpoises, whales and dolphins are recognised as 'Fishes Royal'. When captured within three miles of UK shores, or washed ashore either dead or alive, they may be claimed on behalf of the Crown. Generally, when brought into port, a sturgeon is sold in the usual way, and the purchaser, as a gesture of loyalty, requests the honour of its being accepted by The Queen.
www.royal.gov.uk...

oh, and this dude is your future king, bow bitches!

Charles will never be King William will be and Kate will be Queen. Also did you know all the swans in England are owned by the queen its illegal to hunt them and harsh penalty's for those that do kill them, unless your royalty and i heard that the royalty even eat them! But none of this bothers me they should own more of the animals if anything to protect them all. The queen is just a mascot for England as a collective i dont think she has a much power as you think.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
She also owns all the unmarked swans in Great Britain.

You mad?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

You Brits are taking this thread the wrong way. It is not directed at dumb laws which we all know all countries have, it is directed at the fact that one family has the right to own anything they're little hearts desire and you are "subjects" of them.

1. Do you Brits actually believe that the royals are better than you because of who their parents were?
No.

I dont seem to feel any lesser self worth because I dont own any Whales.

and I'll add another,

3. Do you have any "bollocks" left or did we rip them off your ancestors in 1776?
No offence but you're "bollocks" hasnt got you very far in current times.

Though it seems you're just being a troll I thought I would awnser because you dont seem to have an understand of England and its people. Apart from a few here in England the only people who really find the royal family interesting are tourists, I wouldnt be suprised if the Amercian media covered the wedding more than over here in the UK. To summarise, we are no more ownded by the royal family than you are to the government.
edit on 5-7-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

You Brits are taking this thread the wrong way. It is not directed at dumb laws which we all know all countries have, it is directed at the fact that one family has the right to own anything they're little hearts desire and you are "subjects" of them

Have you read any of the replies?

It's just a quaint old law which hasn't been repealed for one reason or another.

It has absolutley no relevance on real, everyday life.....just like the Royal Family in general.

Yet you have failed to respond to anything that has been posted.

What?
Why doesn't this seem to sink in; The Royal Family have no power whatsoever, we settled that when we chopped Charles I head off.
They are a constitutional monarchy and are for ceremonial purposes only.

Google is your friend, allthough I suspect research and the thirst for knowledge are alien concepts to you.

Even though I suspect you won't bother reading it I will provide a link for you....
en.wikipedia.org...

British self esteem is fine and dandy thank you, we are safe and secure with our place in human history and development and what we have given to the world.

Can the same be said for the USA?

and I'll add another,

Another cyber warrior.
The one thing that we Brits can never be accused of is lacking balls.
But then again history as taught in the US does tend to have a quite an insular outlook on things and I also doubt they teach such things in Junior School.

As I posted in another thread, summer holidays are coming up and we always get an increase in juvenile posts around now.

Oh by the way, a question for you if you can manage to answer it before Mammy comes to read you a bedtime story; why the obsession with something that has absolutely no effect or relevance to you and your life, or any other American for that matter?

edit on 5/7/11 by Freeborn because: too many j's and not enough n's

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by The Empty Skies

Yeah, I get it, she owns 88 Swans, it is in the link I provided.
and you guys aren't even embarrassed to admit this. Sad really, I pity how subservient your people have become.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Why should I care who owns the unmarked swans?

(I put the vital word in bold letters for you, just in case you didn't get it.)

No. Really. Why should anyone care about some archaic law that has never once interfered with anybody's freedoms?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

reply to post by The Empty Skies

Yeah, I get it, she owns 88 Swans, it is in the link I provided.
and you guys aren't even embarrassed to admit this. Sad really, I pity how subservient your people have become.

You know what you are right! People of Britain, we must STAND and DEFEAT THIS DICTATOR. She has called all the swans and other animals in our parks her own for to long! We cannot let her do this, we should be able to say this is a public swan; this is a disgusting infringement on our rights as a human being! I say we capture every swan and other animal under her name and fight. Make our thoughts known that we, the British people won’t be subservient and demand our human rights back in the form of many birds sitting in ponds all across our local parks.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

I can see that your people's way of dealing with this sad state is to joke about it.
Very well, I leave you to your miserable existence being under rule of inbred monarchy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join