It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The R(evol)ution Begins Now!--"Let Us Fight For A New World"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Thanks so much for putting my video up!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
...i like ron paul - think he's very smart and appears to be an honorable man - but - if he's elected, nothing will change and all those who voted for him will be disappointed and, maybe, finally awakened to the reality that it does not matter who the potus of the usofa is...

...we could elect mickey mouse and nothing significant would change UNLESS those who really control our government decide something should change - but - their changes wont benefit us cuz they're not made that way...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...i like ron paul - think he's very smart and appears to be an honorable man - but - if he's elected, nothing will change and all those who voted for him will be disappointed and, maybe, finally awakened to the reality that it does not matter who the potus of the usofa is...

...we could elect mickey mouse and nothing significant would change UNLESS those who really control our government decide something should change - but - their changes wont benefit us cuz they're not made that way...

Yes but we need some kind of hope and at least he has woken a few people up

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TragedyandHope2
Yes but we need some kind of hope and at least he has woken a few people up

...so hope in a fantasy is better than nothing at all?...

...hope never accomplished anything... we dont need hope... we need a practical plan for a restructured honorable government and that cannot be hoped into existence...

...btw - why does someone in australia care so much about usofa presidential elections that they would create a video to promote their choice of candidate, as well as revolution?... are you really a citizen of the usofa and just visiting over there?...

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

All I'm saying is that it's very easy for someone like Ron Paul to state that, as President, he would pull all our troops out of foreign nations and close all the overseas bases but guess what? Unless someone has awarded the office of POTUS with some new dictatorial authority unbeknownst to me, he still has to deal with the real PTB, not to mention congress.

Oi...it's not dictatorial, and it's part of the original deal and job description, actually - for what Paul & myself are speaking of, anyway. Article II section II:

The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States

The congress has not called the military into service in quote some time, but they 'gave' the president 'authority' to send them where he wants - and as commander in chief, Paul can tell them to close up shop and come home.

Which by the way, is nothing more than the authoritative arm of the lobbying efforts being orchestrated by those who make their money from war. This is what Eisenhower was actually warning us of. He was telling us that in essence, these war profiteers actually had developed the ability to cause and perpetuate wars involving the U.S. beyond those held by the POTUS and he aptly labeled it, the military industrial complex.

If they have willing puppets in the right positions of authority, agreed. Paul isn't one of those puppets. Now, he might not survive office long due to some sort of 'natural death' or 'accident', but he wouldn't play ball, just judging by his length of record and personal history.

Whether we like it or not, the office of POTUS is not the supreme authority when is comes to deciding when and if we go to war. That's just the way it reads on paper.

Actually, it doesn't even read that way on paper - that's the job of congress, which they've delegated invalidly. President is just commander in chief and can order the military as needed once they're deployed - and Paul's clear on what his orders would be.

The real PTB have some very despicable means by which to convince any new President, (even those of foreign nations) to conform to their wishes and Ron Paul is no different than any of the others. (you might want to check out the documentary entitled, "Confessions of a Economic Hitman," it will blow you away!)

Possible, but supposition. I don't think any despicable means have been necessary for a few decades at least now since they've been able to shove people willing to play ball into office, or we otherwise enabled such to take office and let the MIC/bankers grease the wheels as they want.

Ron Paul is actually different from such, and with the situation our country has devolved into and as many people are now getting riled up about things in addition to paying attention, I think the shenanigans would be desperate and highly noticeable - and likely to spark what Jefferson said he hoped we never went 20 years without. Regardless of if I may be wrong on all of this, if we don't turn the damned boat around pretty quick (and if it's not already too late anyway), I don't think we'll be able to avoid the REALLY rough waters ahead - and Paul is the only one I see who realistically understands what's going on as well as how to address it appropriately...and he's got a record I can feel safe with.

Long story short, more pain is coming. How much and how quick is up to us - it can be like the quick pulling of a bandaid, or the slow and long decaying of gangrene. I much prefer the former, and will work toward such.

And thanks for the recommendation, I've heard good things about Confessions of a Economic Hitman so will have to get around to checking it out. Take care.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

No offense, but fatalistic apathy and giving up without trying annoys the piss out of me (I'm just saying that honestly, not directing anything crappy your way - FYI). I have to disagree quite strongly, but it's a matter of getting the right people, in the right numbers, into the right positions.

Paul did well here in inspiring the grass roots to get involved at the local and state levels, honestly - if we start from the ground up, we can kick the turkeys out of congress and the senate, and then things get much easier (and I'd suggest checking out GOOOH.com - a citizens-driven movement to basically fire all of Congress and replace them with actual citizen representatives via local determination and group funding). If you CAN get involved in politics, then by all means do so and let's wage a little guerrilla rage against the machine.

Otherwise, the same can be said of the big office itself - I think we'd be a lot better off now had Ross Perot been elected in the '90s, as well as RON PAUL IN THE '80s THE FIRST TIME (
). Though there are some limits...which I guess aren't really recognized anymore anyway *sigh*...there are actually a pretty decent number of good things a president can do, so all it really takes is getting a good one in there.

And THAT'S why we can't just roll over and take it! For the love of god, yes, of course nothing's going to get better if we don't try to make it better! We're finally getting to the point of things being about bad enough for enough people to realize, care, and get involved where we can actually see the media's deceptive guiding hand, recognize things aren't going the right way, and rolling right over the top of these idiots who have been thumbing their noses at us all the way to the bank for so long.

PLEASE don't succumb, because if you do, they win. They win big, and if we lose, we're close enough to the end that we're going to lose really really hard since the dream is over. American prosperity, inflated and delusional, is at an end - we can step down from this the right way and start working toward getting back on our feet, but if we lose this time, the only other option is pretty much outright feudalism - they will have consolidated more or less completely everything...wealth, power, ability to do anything about it...and we won't get any more chances to swing the pendulum back for a very long time.

Things CAN change - but they don't change on their own...and now is the time we will either stand once again or fall very far, as I read it. I can hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

Be well.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I like Ron Paul’s foreign policy ideas, but on domestic issues he is hardly any better than the rest of the Republicans, and that’s what all you Ron Paul people don’t understand.

Dennis Kucinich or Bernie Sanders are much better because they have a sane foreign and domestic policy; Paul only has half a loaf.

BTW the video was inspiring and when listening to it,

I THOUGHT ABOUT THIS IDEA:

A WORLD WIDE MOVEMENT OF YOUNG PEOPLE WHO REFUSE TO ENLIST IN THE MILITARY OF THEIR GIVEN COUNTRY

Just like they had those face book and twitter revolts in the Arab world we could really have a world revolution using those tools.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
No offense, but fatalistic apathy and giving up without trying annoys the piss out of me (I'm just saying that honestly, not directing anything crappy your way - FYI).

..."no offense but" is always stated by someone who knows they are about to be offensive... its as disingenous as the phrase "to be honest" or "honestly"...

I have to disagree quite strongly, but it's a matter of getting the right people, in the right numbers, into the right positions.

...i've been politically active for 40yrs and have heard that theory a billion times at least... said it myself, so did my parents, so did their parents... at some point folks need to step back from the rhetoric and realize that not only are they barking up the wrong tree, there is no tree...

If you CAN get involved in politics, then by all means do so and let's wage a little guerrilla rage against the machine.

...i'm sure there were times i was as arrogantly presumptious as you are... reckon it comes with the territory...

so all it really takes is getting a good one in there.

...we've never had a good one in there - so how could you possibly know thats really all it takes?... presuming again, huh?... its okay, i understand...

And THAT'S why we can't just roll over and take it!

...cheerleaders should be strangled...

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

..."no offense but" is always stated by someone who knows they are about to be offensive... its as disingenous as the phrase "to be honest" or "honestly"...

Well, honestly (
) - no offense is intended. It's just me saying that it pisses me off, although I don't mean to offend you be saying such. My apologies in advance if that does no good, as I understand your views on the disclaimer and can't say much against it beyond that, friend.

...i've been politically active for 40yrs and have heard that theory a billion times at least... said it myself, so did my parents, so did their parents... at some point folks need to step back from the rhetoric and realize that not only are they barking up the wrong tree, there is no tree...

So...giving up and letting them have their way without trying is the only right and sensible thing to do? Granted, I don't have as much experience as you do, but I believe timing plays a role, and that the timing is about right (and I know likely has been in the past as well, but per my ignorance am not sure if there was a valid option and movement in time at the place to take advantage?). I just can't understand giving in, or how anything will improve if we do so...unless you're simply waiting for the wheels to fall off and hoping we can pick up the pieces and carry on, but I'm personally afraid there are protocols in place at this point to not allow such if we do so. Sad, truly.

...i'm sure there were times i was as arrogantly presumptious as you are... reckon it comes with the territory...

Again - PERHAPS out of ignorance - I think timing and opportunity plays a part, but I don't mean to appeal to arrogance or exert it here. Presumptuous, perhaps (of course?), but I believe and hope we can turn the tide - if we don't have hope, is there anything left to us?

...we've never had a good one in there - so how could you possibly know thats really all it takes?... presuming again, huh?... its okay, i understand...

Fair enough, we're a few hundred years out of context, but I believe we had some back during the founding - reading their words as left behind fills me with such belief, anyway, and Ron Paul seems to speak along the same lines and have the record to back up his belief and sincerity in it (no hero worship here, to be frank, as I've said before - if we had someone younger/more electable/less disagreeable/more palatable/what-have-you saying the same things with the same kind of record, I'd be supporting them). And I know there were some warts there, but Kennedy seemed to have the right idea about what we're dealing with, even if he was focused on communism (and we're now fulfilling about 90% of the communist manifesto, just as an aside), so I humbly refer to him as our last real president...granted, likely being one of the reasons he was assassinated (correction welcome).

That's just mean...I have some very fond memories of Tristan (yes, female - I guess it's not a common name for women) even if things went south after I got a little loose in the jaw with her grandmother. Good times, and some bad memories afterward... *sigh*

Thanks for the response, and be well. I sincerely wish there's still some hope out there for us in this situation...otherwise with where we're at now and as few fallbacks as I see remaining with as far down the chain we are, I don't see much saving grace.

Do you have any positive suggestions, views, or interpretations on this if you don't see any other options available? I'm not trying to dog you, just looking for a way out - survival, honestly.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

I like Ron Paul’s foreign policy ideas, but on domestic issues he is hardly any better than the rest of the Republicans, and that’s what all you Ron Paul people don’t understand.

Could you clarify that instead of speaking in general vagaries? Ron Paul wants to end the federal war on drugs, get the government out of our lives and bedrooms, and chain them down by way of the limitations and allowances of the constitution (instead of assuming we can dictate our personal view of how people should live and hope someone with different opinions comes along down the road and uses the same power to reverse those opinions in a way we don't like).

I would love some clarity on your thoughts here as it *seems* to be a blind allegation.

Dennis Kucinich or Bernie Sanders are much better because they have a sane foreign and domestic policy; Paul only has half a loaf.

Same as above - Kucinich and Sanders seem to recognize the limits of federal government power only when it suits there opinions.

BTW the video was inspiring and when listening to it,

I THOUGHT ABOUT THIS IDEA:

A WORLD WIDE MOVEMENT OF YOUNG PEOPLE WHO REFUSE TO ENLIST IN THE MILITARY OF THEIR GIVEN COUNTRY

I'll give this a yes and no - the founders, as far as I'm aware - possibly wrong - were very much against the idea of standing armies and only approved of them as when raised by the congress, willingly, in response to a clear and present danger. Otherwise, the militias were responsible for the defense of the individual states?

Thanks much.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Paul’s being against the civil rights act; being against a woman’s right to abortion; his support to eliminate Medicaid; he is against allowing stockholders to vote for CEO compensation; wants to abolish the education department; is against making mental health coverage equivalent, and generally against universal health care, and other issues that like most Republicans favor the rich and powerful and neglect the poor and middle class.

Paul isn’t as bad as most Republicans but check out his record for yourself . . . .Though I appreciate many of his foreign policy ideas, generally he is just another corporatist Republican on domestic issues and therefore a danger to poor and middle class people, IMO.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

The R(evol)ution Begins Now!--"Let Us Fight For A New World"

Ancient rhetoric. We have been listening to such phrases literally for thousand of years. And where has it gotten us?
We are fighting a war[s] in the middle east now which some might say are in some ways similar to the Biblical wars mentioned in the Old Testament - How's that for progress!?!? Well at least its religious fanatics instead of those atheistic communists!!!
Seems to me the reason is more than any cause, political, economic or otherwise. Seems to me there is something wrong with us [humans], a defect in our nature which makes us warlike [unless like some you like war]. And of course there many like that. Does not matter what the cause is. They will find a cause. To them, and to quote George Orwell from "1984": "War is peace", "Freedom is slavery", "Love is hate".
Those of us who still have not given up realize it will take more than a catchy phrase to change the tragic historical repetition of history. We need something more. We need a New Dawn, an occult concept where human nature and human history can be changed for the better. Humans must EVOLVE.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Well, honestly (
) -

...ahahahaaa!...

no offense is intended. It's just me saying that it pisses me off, although I don't mean to offend you be saying such.

...you didnt offend me... appreciating my quirky sense of humor is often an acquired taste - kinda like lucinda williams (too cool to be forgotten, hey hey)...

So...giving up and letting them have their way without trying is the only right and sensible thing to do?

...never said that... its another presumption... the culprit might be that we're talking about different things...

...you're talking about voting and believe that it has the power to change things for the better...

...imo, the next potus has already been selected...

...i'll concede that i could be wrong about that... however, i seriously doubt that i'm wrong about the potus having no power and being just a puppet of those who really run our government...

...which leads to my point about ron paul that i thought was clear in my first post on this thread but apparently not - so, i'll give it another shot...

...he seems like a good guy - i've always liked him - but that has nothing to do with the reality that he will not be able to withstand the ugliness that will force him to do their bidding if and when he becomes potus...

...i think dennis kucinich is an under-appreciated hero... i was so proud of him for presenting articles of impeachment against the gwb regime - but - sadly, no one that couldve impeached gwb paid attention - because - imo, their handlers wouldnt let them...

...kucinich and paul would make an excellent team - until they got into office and, then, they would do what they were told to do by those who really run our federal government or they would die but, probably, not before their loved ones were assaulted or worse in an attempt to coerce k&p into cooperating...

timing plays a role, and that the timing is about right (and I know likely has been in the past as well, but per my ignorance am not sure if there was a valid option and movement in time at the place to take advantage?).

..."the timing is about right"?... thats magical thinking, just like your elusive "right guy"...

I just can't understand giving in, or how anything will improve if we do so...unless you're simply waiting for the wheels to fall off and hoping we can pick up the pieces and carry on, but I'm personally afraid there are protocols in place at this point to not allow such if we do so. Sad, truly.

...the idea that i've given in is your own idea...

I believe and hope we can turn the tide -

...by voting?... wont happen...

if we don't have hope, is there anything left to us?

...yeah, reality... once you drop the fantasy aspect of your programming (which encourages faith and/or hope in those that you elect), you're closer to seeing the real picture...

Fair enough, we're a few hundred years out of context, but I believe we had some back during the founding - reading their words as left behind fills me with such belief

...lots of folks share your belief... i'm not one of them... never been the type to be impressed by flowery words... a person's actions defines who they are and many of their actions were despicable...

and Ron Paul seems to speak along the same lines and have the record to back up his belief and sincerity in it (no hero worship here, to be frank, as I've said before - if we had someone younger/more electable/less disagreeable/more palatable/what-have-you saying the same things with the same kind of record, I'd be supporting them).

...because you believe your vote matters... i understand - really, i do...

And I know there were some warts there, but Kennedy seemed to have the right idea about what we're dealing with, even if he was focused on communism (and we're now fulfilling about 90% of the communist manifesto, just as an aside), so I humbly refer to him as our last real president...granted, likely being one of the reasons he was assassinated (correction welcome).

...jfk - the over-glorified classic martyr... he was a puppet too... so was ike, truman, roosevelt (et al)... lots believe that ike wasnt because of his infamous warning speech - but - he warned us ON HIS WAY OUT... if he had any cajones left by then, they were shriveled up and useless... i'm sure it was hell on him but that doesnt make him honorable...

That's just mean...I have some very fond memories of Tristan

...ahahahaaa!...

I sincerely wish there's still some hope out there for us in this situation...otherwise with where we're at now and as few fallbacks as I see remaining with as far down the chain we are, I don't see much saving grace.

...its really hard to let go of programming but, its like any other addiction - you have to first admit that you have a problem before you can start addressing ways to get out of the grave you've dug for yourself and making plans for the future...

Do you have any positive suggestions, views, or interpretations on this if you don't see any other options available?

...i never said there were no other options available... whats the title of this thread?... think about what that really means...

I'm not trying to dog you, just looking for a way out - survival, honestly.

...a way out of what?... your need to hope of voting the right guy in?... everyone has to do that one themself...

...and "survival, honestly", lol... too much time is wasted worrying about survival... either you will get old or you wont - thats how it goes... worrying about it is counterproductive and invites the risk of self-fulfilling prophecies and they have a habit of being real dang sneaky... of course, thats just how i see it... any value you find is up to you and that applies to everything i've shared...

...thx for the conversation (and laughs)...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Do we really have to complain about Mundane things?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join